Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 10 kudos

Can't upload custom configuration file

Hi! We're just starting with Jamf and we wanted to set a company webpage as a homepage in Safari. I read a little about it, found code for custom profile and wanted to have a go. The code I found is this (replaced the site name with facebook): Ho...  View more

• 10 replies
  • 1 kudos

Copy Application .plist to Other Users?

Hi, I'm relatively new with Jamf. I'm trying to deploy Macs Fan Control to our systems with the D700 GPU to ensure they don't overheat and I'd like to make sure every user has the same fan profile and that it automatically starts on boot (start on bo...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

"myDocuments" showing up in Finder Favorites

Hello all! I'm running into an unusual problem, and thought that the expertise to solve it would be here, if anywhere. When I use Finder sidebar Favorites to connect to more than one Windows share, Finder locks up. I kill it, and restart, only to fin...  View more

96e0369ea664416b9d1272921bc864a8
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

macOS Tour Notifications

Has anyone figured out how to disable "Welcome to macOS Mojave" tour notifications that appear after an upgrade?Have tried a couple of approaches but am not having any luck.  View more

82602583aaea4d4b9b2313441b822763
  • 21 replies
  • 2 kudos

clarify the patch management "eligible computers"

hello, I just tried to configure my first patch management policy with Google Chrome and I got this notification on the scope. Should I stay the target like this because it will be automatically or should I change the scope to all computers? because ...  View more

741fbe0091874db1b33fec1379cde972
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Adobe DC Pro - package issue ?

I have downloaded the adobe DC package from adobe admin console. It is downloaded default as zip, but can still upload it to Jamf When I run the installer from self service it succeed, but the application is not installed Executing Policy Adobe Acrob...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

No Assignment of Apple TV via School Manager

Hello JAMF Nation, I bought 28 Apple TV's via the DEP and these are also displayed correctly in our School Manager. When I search the serial number in School Manager, the device is found and mapped to the correct MDM server.If I now want to assign th...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Applications trying to add new helper tools?

Hi all, After upgrading several of our Macs from older versions of the OS, we have started getting pop-up dialogs asking users to provide admin credentials to add helper tools for various apps (Skype, Brave Browser, Spotify, etc). Most users just cli...  View more

d7460e8c87df40b19a864f57beb045c3 81dfeda5c2ca48e195b7bf9dd2b2509b 7f465b1e27894c28b090a57eeeb0be62
  • 10 replies
  • 0 kudos

Enabling the buit-in apple firewall

I've been tasked with some CIS recommendations for our apple estate. I am currently mulling over the firewall parts of this. Do you guys enable firewalls in your estate? It seems like a no-brainer, but this isn't windows and i don't know how much it ...  View more

• 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

Deploy package based on devices

I am trying to find a way to deploy a package if a specific USB device is connected. Or make a smart group that I can create that has USB devices of a certain VID/PID. Any ideas? I guess I could use some kind of script to see if it is detected then i...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

iOS Dissable wifi and and create contacts

Sorry my question is a two part issue, but I thought it was better than making two posts about it. I'm just trying to configure in iOS to disable the wifi entirely from the device "and use cellular only" and then also create contacts that have to be ...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

MacOS update

does anyone have a script for updated macos. I have it being cashed on the user than deployed. I want a script that can prompt to install or delay. it currently only installs with out prompting.  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Disable Adobe Account Confirmation popup?

Hi, Sorry for the daft question. I've had a number of users ask about an account confirmation popup that keep going off for each Adobe app they have open. I did a look up and turns out this is due to some kind of intended behaviour with Shared Device...  View more

dcb1aeecf97545f891418f0226003712
  • 2 replies
  • 2 kudos

Local Admin Password

Hi Everyone! In our environment, we have DEP managed MacBooks with a management account that has a username of administrator and a password we set to be used to help use as an admin account on all machines. We have a policy running to change the mana...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Bypass Proxy Settings for these Hosts & Domains

Probably an aged old question but is there a way of to automate adding any of the domains regardless of network "Ethernet" or "Wi-Fi" i can run this sudo networksetup -setproxybypassdomains "Display Ethernet" but as we have 800 Macs a mixture of iMac...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Filevault Enabled and Guest User - Not checking in?

We were testing a filevault enabled laptop and logged in as the guest user, of course all you can use is safari which is outside of the encrypted space for the user. However, even though it is on wifi and browsing the internet, it was not checking in...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Advice: Remove a Wirless Network

I've had success with the following script in order to remove an SSID from auto-joining: #!/bin/sh WirelessPort=$(networksetup -listallhardwareports | awk '/Wi-Fi|AirPort/{getline; print $NF}') PreferredNetworks=$(networksetup -listpreferredwirelessn...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

User Template Tweaks - Mojave

Hello folks. I know I'm late to the party on this one, but as I'm going through my summer packaging at the moment, I noticed that a few of the tweaks we used to apply to the user template (copying in license information files for the most part), are ...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

WiFi hijacking Ethernet

Has anyone experienced WiFi taking precedence over Ethernet in macOS 10.14.5? We've seen that although the Mac is connected on Ethernet; set first in service order - the Mac uses the WiFi . This causes a lot of problems during enrolment in our case. ...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

advice: Package Install

Hi, Jamf user of 2 days, sorry if this is a simple one. Looking for advice on the best way to deploy a package. We have a policy to install a package to a smart group scope filtered on department. I'de also like to offer this to all computers in self...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Nomad stuck in boot loop

Hello all. For some reason when I enroll a machine in nomad and go through set up, i restart, then get stuck in a boot loop which even when putting in username and password I get tossed back to an apple logo with loading bar and back to the nomad log...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Compare local user with AD username

To scripters out there, I'm trying to write an extension attribute that will tell me whether or not the local user matches the AD username. The macs are not AD bound, but JAMF Pro is, and the AD usernames are assigned in JAMF. My thinking is to grab ...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors