Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 10 kudos

Netboot Server Failing

Hey folks, I seem to be getting nowhere with this, so I was wondering if anybody else had come across the same... We have three different campuses at our University, all of which have their own Netboot server that runs the Jamf NetSUS software (via U...  View more

4ebfe5cfae3d49268feaea5f598c96f7
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Scripts for use with Custom Trigger Policies

I wanted to share some of my scripts I use in policies with Custom Triggers. My environment requires rather extensive and fine grain control of deployments, often down to the order of installs, which has required me to get a little creative. My goal ...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 12 kudos

Mac OS high sierra Deployment

Hi guys, I have been troubleshooting an issue for some time now. I have been trying to find ways to upload high sierra into jamf and push it out. Dragging the install file into jamf admin doesnt work. The file ends up getting converted to a tar. Half...  View more

• 14 replies
  • 1 kudos

Purchaser bought Laptops under wrong account

I got a call to please enter the serials for 2 new laptops into Apple School Manager.I get an error when trying to enter the serial number. After some checking around, our new Purchaser thinks he bought the laptops under the incorrect apple account. ...  View more

• 10 replies
  • 0 kudos

Version comparison

I'm looking specifically at Office but considering a more general solution.Straight comparison works for most cases but not 16.9 and 16.10.Just wondering if someone else has figured this out in general.  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Script to update flash in the background

Good Evening! Is there any chance someone could point me in the direction of a script that would install and update Flash automatically without any user interaction? Would I run this script as 'ongoing' and recurring check in? Thank you for your help...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Cisco ISE and EAP-TLS handshake fails

Anyone experienced problems with authenticating 802.1x with Cisco ISE ver 2.3 patch 4.Log in ISE shows that the EAP-TLS handshake fails with the Mac.I have in Mac the ISE server certificates trusted as well as root of ISE certificatesin ISE I have th...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Setting Auto Update Time on Apps

Is there a script or something that would make this process a lot faster instead of going into each app and then turning on the auto-update feature and setting a certain time? I know I can go in and turn the auto update on but I don't want to do that...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Installing Specific Updates from Terminal

I have a machine that is on 10.13.5. It has the 10.13.6 update and iTunes 12.8 update. When I run the following command to only install the macOS 10.13.6 update it also downloads and installs iTunes 12.8: softwareupdate -i macOS High Sierra 10.13.6 U...  View more

33304066871b4f3c854e0d31c5f296c4
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

MBS Xojo Plugins Popup

I am getting the following message when Running 10.6.2 on macOS Mojave Beta (18A314k) MBS Xojo PluginsThis serial number is too old for this plugin version. Please update your license key. (None: Registration, Version 18.0 from Jan 22 2018, Process I...  View more

• 21 replies
  • 1 kudos

Smart groups based on user groups using SAML/SSO

Hello, We're using SAML for SSO and I'm trying to make a smart group for the members of particular groups but the problem is within JAMF it says "0 members" for each group. How do you make a smart group for users to build policies based using SAML fo...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 1 kudos

Mac App Store Apps & Self Service

I wonder if anyone can help. All of the of our Mac App Store Apps that we have purchased through VPP will not install onto devices through Self Service. Self Service just displays an error saying 'Installation Failed' Our VPP token wasn't due to expi...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 1 kudos

Composer Recommended Hardware

Any recommendations for hardware specs to optimize Composer? Have been using a Mini, but it is painfully slow to capture changes and create packages. Looking to switch to a Mac Pro or MacBook Pro. Any particular specs we should get?  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Mac Cleaner Comparison

Hi, we have around 70 Mac devices and their performance are not the best after resetting and putting external SSD as the main boot. To improve it, I have been thinking of several Mac cleaner software for our environments and I think Clean My Mac 3 an...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Automated font instalation

Solved: Use configuration profiles. I need to make sure all users have access to the font used in our branding for printing documents like invoices from FileMaker. I need to distribute this without user interaction. So far I have written this script....  View more

• 20 replies
  • 0 kudos

@ converted to html format

I have a device extension attribute that gets userPrincipalName from LDAP. The value for userPrincipalName is formatted like an email: user@domain.com. I found that inventory is successfully getting the userPrincipalName value and displaying it as us...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

FSDP on RHEL 6

Hi All, I've managed to get an FSDP configured on RHEL6 running netatalk, and that seems to work great for AFP. The problem is, I can't get https connectivity working. Clients just get 403's according to the web logs. The documentation for configurin...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Previous System folder after OS Upgrade

Hello, I'm in the process of in-place upgrading some of our older machines from 10.11 or 10.12 to High Sierra to prepare for the move to Mojave. The process is mostly complete, but after upgrading an old machine to 10.13, a "Previous System" folder i...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

FileVault rises from the crypt

A new Mac Pro arrived, fated to be a server, which we do not manage with Jamf Pro. However, it feel into the default DEP group and was enrolled on startup inadvertently, getting the FileVault settings for faculty computers. Unenrolling it from Jamf a...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Pro Tools plugins

Evening, Does anyone else manage a lab with Pro Tools? I got Pro Tools running and licensed okay but the staff gave me 15+ plugins they wished to be installed (PKG & AAX) Can you please share any methods you use for Pro Tools plugins? Thank you in ad...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

DEP and Apple Redirects

So we have been working with our network team here to try and get DEP working. I have found every document that i can that pretty much tell me that we need to open every thing up to the 17.X address range. We are able to run all apple process we want...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Block Fortnite and Epic Games Launcher

Hi all, Would love some help in making a Restricted Profile or other method for stopping my students from opening the Epic Games Launcher. I'm hoping to put an end to Fortnite on our school owned machines. Many thanks! Brenton  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors