Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.8.0 Beta is now available!

Hello Jamf Nation! The Jamf Pro 11.8.0 Beta Release features a number of exciting improvements and enhancements for managing your Apple devices. Starting with 11.8.0, Jamf Pro admins will be able to set a minimum OS for MacBooks, iPhones, and iPads t...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 6 kudos

Policy errors trying to install in Self Servive

New to Jamf Mac managment. I've got our instance of Jamf up and running smoothly. What I am stuck at is once I get the policy setup for an app, for example Firefox, I upload the pkg to the distribution file share, create policy in Jamf Pro and make i...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Wacom is Lazy

So we received complaints that Wacom Drivers were out of date in a lab that we had upgraded and not re-imaged. Tried pushing out the vendor provided .pkg of version 6.3.31-5 using Casper Remote until I could build a proper policy. Failed on all the w...  View more

• 20 replies
  • 1 kudos

Accessibility Shortcut

Hello folks! I have been asked by my institution to place an alias to the built-in Mac accessibility features on every user's desktop, and I was wondering if anybody had any experience with doing this sort of thing? I can see how it'd be possible to ...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Apple Classroom usernames

Can anyone verify what they see for usernames in Apple Classroom with students that sync over from ASM? We used to see First Name and Last Name, but now only see First Name. We redid our users in Jamf and are trying to figure out why things changed. ...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

iMac connecting to a network drive

Hello, Whenever anyone logins into one of our iMacs we have they are asked to connect to the server As far as we are aware there is no way to get it to auto connect to the server. But if anyone has any suggestions that would be great. We use using iM...  View more

26d6bc02a9ad418ca4c213d46d574a9f
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Prevent removal of JAMF binary by local admin

Is there a way to prevent local administrators from removing the JAMF Binary with jamf removeFramework ? We still need local administrator accounts for our professors but don't want them to be able to delete the JAMF Framework.  View more

• 46 replies
  • 2 kudos

User interaction notification query

I've been experimenting with user interaction on policies and cannot figure out what dictates whether the notification appears top right via a normal notification centre popup, or bottom left via a jamf helper popup. Ideally I'd like the jamf helper ...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Prestage Imagaging

Hi All, I am quite new with Jamf Pro. So maybe i will ask a questions that already is been asked. I am looking in our organisation for Imaging Macbooks with Jamf Pro. So if you open the box click on run and then he start with the process. do you need...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

iOS App installation error - Sign in to iTunes...

I am getting this error when scoping apps to certain devices:App Installation - Sign in to iTunes to allow jss.xx.com to manage and install apps.The behaviour consistently affects one group of iPads but not anotherThe apps are scoped to devices.App l...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Cannot get EDU profile to download to Mac OS

I am currently running JAMF 10.8.0-t1539715549 and I cannot for the life of me, get any EDU profiles to download to our Macs for teacher use of Apple Classroom. We have been using Apple Classroom with iPads since it was launched and we really want th...  View more

• 11 replies
  • 0 kudos

clean up/logout function to remove preferences

I have a basic script, that I'm looking to turn in a clickable button for our technicians that will remove preferences and items stored on a loaner device without reimaging each time. A few items I'm not able to completely remove or clean up are:• cl...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Jamf Pro Beta 2 is now available!

Jamf Pro 10.9 beta 2 is now available! This beta includes a number of new features and workflow improvements, including the ability to deploy a package as part of a PreStage Enrollment. Want to see a full list of what’s in beta 2? Check out our Beta ...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 4 kudos

LDAP Extension Attribute

I've added an Extension Attribute, set it to Data Type String...Input Type LDAP Mapping. We have our JamfPro connected to AD, all the mapped attributes under LDAP Servers works, testing under LDAP Servers works. And anyway the EA is always showing as...  View more

• 10 replies
  • 0 kudos

Patch reporting MacOS not displaying any users

Hey there, anyone having issues with Patch-reporting on MacOS? Im on JAMF 10.8.0-t1539715549 and MacOS Patch reporting is not showing any devices. I removed it and re-added it without any results.. It was working fine before we upgraded to JAMF 10.8....  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

OS upgrade - Jamf

I am trying to make a simple package for OS upgrade (to Mojave) I found some stuff saying that I just download the installer from appstore and create a pkg with composer. I have done that, and I can also run the package but nothing more happens after...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 1 kudos

LDAP, SSO, and AD Groups

Close to opening a support ticket, but thought I'd check to make sure this actually works for anyone before I do. We've just recently setup SSO, which works well, provided I've pre-created the account under Settings->System Settings->Jamf Pro User Ac...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Controlling Admin Access

I'm thinking of writing a script to control wether a user is an admin on their system or not. Some checks to make that determination:1) Does this person have an AD account (even if we don't bind, i want to not run the script for just local test/servi...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Computers more than X years old

I'm trying to setup some reporting for management and I wanted to setup a smart group or something to check for machines more than X years old or something along those lines. I didn't see an option in smart group that looked like it would do that. An...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Safari / Chrome / Preview issues

Good Morning! We are currently experiencing an issue where Safari and Chrome display white pages and Preview doesn't display anything but it's outline.. Has anyone else experienced this? A restart helps sometimes but I am now getting reports of a lab...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Populating Purchase info from a spreadsheet

Hi, we were wondering if there is a way to pull in information into Jamf Pro from an online shared spreadsheet, namely purchase information, PO Numbers, dates etc. We do something similar with a renaming policy but I couldn't see how to get the purch...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

EA scripting query

Is an EA script able to output multiple lines of output? For instance, we want to display two attributes out of a plist file at /Users/loggedInUser/Library/Preferences/com.dms.echo.plist The plist file looks like this... NSNavPanelExpandedSizeFor...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

How do you Put a Computer into a Static Group with API>

So I came across this article https://www.jamf.com/jamf-nation/third-party-products/files/658/jssid-list-to-static-group-using-the-api-script But I was wondering if I can pass along a curl command in a single line with a computers ID to a static grou...  View more

• 20 replies
  • 2 kudos

Apps Removing themselves

Hi Guys, sorry if this is a repost, I was unable to find a solution, or clear answer. We have these above apps, that have appeared with this error, and have removed them selves from all scoped ipads... An example,is still available, but is listed as ...  View more

a7b82bd1aa5048b4b58e86c923a75cac e78144d73ea549cb8f78bb4902086b62 d2f3fa54097142ad8da764d2225a16a8
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Disable AirDrop from command line in Mojave?

Hi all. I'm looking for some help in how to disable AirDrop via the command line in Mojave. The plist used to do this in High Sierra doesn't seem to exist on any of my Mojave devices. I know this can be done via configuration profile but I need to kn...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors