Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 4 kudos

DEP Enrolled Mac + New Logic Board = non-DEP Mac (right?)

We had a DEP enrolled Mac with a bad screen. Apple replaced the logic board on it as well as the screen. Now it no longer appears in our DEP devices. I get mixed answers from Apple, but they seem to say that once the logic board is replaced, you lose...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Remove Dead Units From JSS

We are trying to clean out all of our dead units from JSS. When I use the Manage tab from the specific device in the inventory I keep getting either a never ending spin wheel or it will go through but if I search the device again is still shows. I th...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Remote support when network is down

Hi all, We're supporting a bunch of people in remote offices and would like some sort of solution to allow us to troubleshoot when they're having network issues since normal remote desktop sort of options won't work then. I was thinking maybe some so...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

WHHHAAAAATTTT... Jamf 350.. CJA...

So, This course is no longer available??? Apparently, it's going to be an online course from now on but there's no ETA for this.. Really, What the hell is going on.. ALSO, Does this mean that the Jamf training pass will be reduced in price accordingl...  View more

• 21 replies
  • 1 kudos

New to Jamf, handed a "broken" installation

The installation I've been handed is interesting, I have to say. Multi-national client using NetApp as SMB DPs, however it appears replication is working at all. I've uploaded a PKG I need to install to the root DP, and nothing moves to the other DPs...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Intune Conditional Access Enrollment - Not consistent

Hi there, We are trying to raise a good pilot for the Jamf / Intune Conditional Access intergration.The fact is that 95% of the pilot machine's we try to enrol are enrolling as an Azure AD device and not as an Intune device. So in this case, as they ...  View more

6d7cfc5989a6474fb4718a56f73e48df 80147e9d6e3140f8ae0b4124ae0d97a9
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Utilizing Softwareupdate Command

Hello Everyone, I have been using the built in macOS update function to get devices from 10.13.5 to 10.13.6 via Terminal. I figured I could create a policy that uses executes the command sudo softwareupdate -iaR in order to pull down the OS upgrade a...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

OSX update solutions

Hi Everyone I just wanted advice from the Jamf community as options for pushing out OSX update solutions. Currently I'm using a Apple server with SUS to push out approved updates and Jamf policy that checks in with this SUS server. But it doesnt work...  View more

• 11 replies
  • 0 kudos

Remote lock using “Find My Mac”

Hello, Recently I have been experiencing issues with employees who leave the company remotely locking their company issued Mac with their Apple IDs. Does anyone know of a way to prevent this from happening in the future? How do other companies manage...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Jamf Pro 10.7 Beta Now Available!

The Jamf Pro 10.7 beta provides compatibility with macOS Mojave, iOS 12, and tvOS 12 beta operating systems, so your organization can test workflows with confidence before these new operating systems ship. This release provides compatibility and supp...  View more

• 8 replies
  • 8 kudos

Mobile Home Directory (AD) and Folder Redirect

So a little back story. I have to create a solution for our video editors that makes it so they can use our "editing suites" with their AD account, but have their preferences move around with them when they go to other suites. So in comes Mobile Home...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Unexpected end of file error

UPDATE: This script had hidden CRs in it that I couldn't see in some of my text editors. I've re-typed it and it runs as expected. I'll see if I can post an update to the original link. I've been trying to run this on my High Sierra mac (10.13.6) and...  View more

• 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

iOS individual app restrictions

I have deployed several apps to some iPads. Under Settings>General>MDM Management>MDM Profile>Apps>Any of the Apps it gives me a list of Restrictions, one of which is "App will not import data from unmanaged apps and accounts." Is there any way to re...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Jamf Pro has stopped sending push notifications

Our license to JAMF Pro expired on July 10 and the server has no longer been sending out push notifications to iOS devices. Just curious if this is standard operating procedure for the server on an expired license or if something else is wrong? Push ...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Jamf Pro VS Fleetsmith

Hi all, We are currently deciding on either purchasing JAMF Pro or Fleetsmith and need to make a decision soon. I was wondering if anyone here has experience using both of these products, which one do you prefer and why? Can someone kindly provide a ...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

firmwarepasswd script not working...

Can anyone shed some light on why my code below is not working? It's not very complicated... but I believe it's because the firmwarepasswd -check is returning a result with a carriage return, but despite using tr and sed to strip the return or new li...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

read plist through script defaults command not working

I am trying to read a plist from the recovery partition on my lab machines specifically the ProductVersion Key value from com.apple.recovery.boot/SystemVersion.plist I have tried defaults read and all I get is plist does not exist. I am trying to cre...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Enable Right Click

Our script we used to use to enable right click on our lab Macs is not working anymore. I've tried various solutions, but so far none are working. Anyone have a simple way to configure right click on a wired Apple mouse that I could put into a policy...  View more

• 13 replies
  • 0 kudos

Issues with MountNetworkShare.sh

Hello,I'm trying to use the mountnetworkshare.sh script to map several network locations for my userbase. When I place the correct variables, the script seems to parse them correctly, but then I get a large amount of 'No such file or directory' error...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors