Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 9 kudos

JSS not showing mapped printer

I seem to have come across a tricky problem where I have 2 printers mapped/installed on our Macs and when looking at the Inventory of any one machine, it is only showing 1 of the printers. Our setup:Running Mac OS X v10.9.5 over about 100 machines. O...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Pushing CA certs to mobile apps

I recently got iOS mobile devices working in our JSS installation. But I could only get it to work by manually installing our 3rd party trusted CA certificate. I was trying to follow:https://jamfnation.jamfsoftware.com/article.html?id=192 Specificall...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Scoping Self Service Plug-ins?

Is it possible to scope Self Service Plug-ins to specific groups? For example, I want to have a link to "QuickStart" guides for applications that are installed on specific Macs. Then scope a smart group with those apps installed, so those who do not ...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Webclips in Self Service Mobile app?

I apologize if this is a silly question, but I don't see how to put installable web clips in Self Service. I don't want to push them out to every device without asking, but make them visible to everyone through Self Service. I feel like I've overlook...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Config profiles and AD bindings

Yo.. Wanted to get your guys recommendations on AD bindings and retrieving an AD certificate? For me, there’s 2 ways to do this.. Policy for AD binding, and then an AD Cert config profile. Config profile containing both AD binding and AD cert. Howeve...  View more

• 10 replies
  • 0 kudos

Can't net boot more than 8 clients at the same time

We used Apple SIU and Casper SIU to create net boot images respectively and place them on two separate net boot servers but no matter which net boot image client is using to boot up, it can't net boot more than 8 computers at a time. It seems like ne...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Admin Rights through AD Group

Hi guys, Currently we assign admin rights through AD user groups to machine. This works fine when on our organisations network. However, if we take a machine off the network users lose admin rights. They log in off the network and they are seen as no...  View more

• 11 replies
  • 0 kudos

Checking iPads out to students

Hi All, I work in Higher Education and we are about to start checking iPads out to our students from the library. We will be treating them just like books. A student will come in, check out an iPad and get to keep it for 2 weeks before turning it bac...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Finder Sidebar

Does anyone have any input, perhaps a scripted item, that could be added on to a Folder deployment that would also move it into the Finder sidebar? This seems to be a plist item, but I don't want to edit the .plist on file because I don't want to int...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Create a VM from a physical OS X SSD partition?

I have a SSD sliced into 2 partitions on my MacBook. One is a partition for production work (my "daily driver"). The other partition is running OS X 10.11 El Capitan for testing. I boot back and forth as needed when I want to test El Cap. My company ...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Set network interfaces order

Hi all,I'm facing an issue for the Macs of my company.I need to set up the network service order for the different interfaces.The main goal is to setup the interfaces as follow:1- Ethernet (built in, Thunderbolt or USB)2- WifiBasically I need to set ...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Microsoft extends Office for Mac 2011 Support

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/lifecycle?p1=15627&wa=wsignin1.0 Microsoft has significantly extended support for Office software, "Office for Mac 2011". Originally, the company wanted to deploy updates for Office 2011 only until January 2016. No...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Getting http and https proxy to work (kerberos)

Hello, We are trying to deploy Trustwave Secure Web Gateway with Kerberos auth and are having a ton of issues ranging from performance to sites just not functioning. Kerberos is working properly... so the hard part is out of the way. Has anyone here ...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Keeping things up to date

Hello, Is anyone out there using patchoo and/or autopkgr successfully in a production environment? I'd like to hear your experiences if you are doing so. I'm just starting to play with Patchoo, and have run into many consistency snags with Autopkgr.....  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Computer Lab Students folders

Hey fellow JAMFsters!In one our ISDS labs, the teacher has six classes and has a server local to his classroom. He creates the user accounts, via Passenger app, then exports the list with passwords to hand out to students. He then imports the users t...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

ICloud problems

ok I bought an iPad mini. My brother made an iCloud account then forgot the password so there's always a pop up asking to put in out password so it can upload n update I'm sure. So I made a new iCloud account but when I go to log out of the old domai...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Script for naming computer as LDAP user

I was able to use a script found here to assign a computer based on LDAP name. How about a script for changing the name of the computer to the LDAP user proper name (e.g. Lastname Firstname) or something similar?  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Bypass Proxy Settings

Have there been any other attempts to automate adding: swcdn.apple.com, swdownload.apple.com, swquery.apple.com,swscan.apple.com, to the "Bypass Proxy Settings" field?  View more

1742b891e91643eba404dd9c0480b459
  • 13 replies
  • 0 kudos

File Sharing - Off topic

Hi All,I have a Yosemite server set up for our faculty to have their own share folder. I've given read/write permissions to that faculty member for their particular folders. They like to create drop only folders within that for the students to submit...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Recon

Is there a way to recon All Mac computers on a Domain at once without going to each system 1 by 1 and manually doing the recon for each user?  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors