Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.8.0 Beta is now available!

Hello Jamf Nation! The Jamf Pro 11.8.0 Beta Release features a number of exciting improvements and enhancements for managing your Apple devices. Starting with 11.8.0, Jamf Pro admins will be able to set a minimum OS for MacBooks, iPhones, and iPads t...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 6 kudos

how to set 5 mins auto-lock on mac

Hi All as i found the configuration profile including password session is not working any more on El Capitan. you can refer to my test [https://jamfnation.jamfsoftware.com/discussion.html?id=17654] Now i urgently need a way to deploy to all mac via a...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

How can I use launchd to run logout script

Good afternoon fellow geeks We need to move away from login/logout hooks. I have been researching using launchd and think I have a good start for using launchd to run a script but now I want to run something when the user logs out ( I want to un-moun...  View more

• 17 replies
  • 0 kudos

User level MDMs re-applying every 30min since 9.81?

Hello, since we updated to JSS 9.81, we've seen our corporate Wifi mdm reload itself about every 30 minutes on many of our clients. This has resulted in users' WiFi flapping and duplicate user certificates in their keychain. Some users have over 100 ...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Payloads folder shows up after security update

Has anyone seen the trend of the "Payloads" folder showing up at the root level of Macintosh HD after Apples recent "Security Update 2015-004 1.0 update with Yosemite? We are on Mac OS 10.10.5 and it is showing up on all systems after our software up...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Syslog message tagging

My Security team wants me to setup Syslog to forward all authpriv messages to their Syslog server. I have done that with authpriv.* remoteIP However they also want me to tag the messages with WORKSTATION. Does anyone know of a way to do that. This wi...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Local vs. Domain accounts

This is less a technical question and more a philosophical/managerial one. I just watched the IBM + Apple presentation from JNUC and one of the odd takeaways for me was that IBM had decided to skip doing domain authentication and use local user accou...  View more

• 11 replies
  • 0 kudos

Config Profile - Dock Icons - Office?

Hi Chaps, In config profiles it just shows all the default mac apps, how can I add things like Outlook, Photoshop etc? Ideally want to use it as a config profile, people talk about dockutil etc but never heard of or sued it, would be nice to just hav...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

/usr/local permission change

Is there anything in the jamf binary that would be resetting permission on the /usr/local/bin or /usr/local/share folders? Had a developer come up today reporting that when he runs home brew its failing because /usr/local/bin and /usr/local/share fol...  View more

• 17 replies
  • 0 kudos

Disk Utility in 10.11.1 NBI

I've created a Netboot image using AutoCasperNBI and an image made via AutoDMG with OS X 10.11.1. I normally like to use Disk Utility to create an image of the volume for backup purposes. However, when I select the Macintosh HD volume (this is on the...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Delete and Create Keychain - Authentication Check

Hello All, Just doing a little digging on JAMFNation in setting up our Self Service Portal, came across a script from Andrina Kelly (below) and her 2013 JNUC Presentation. Essentially, I'm looking to add perhaps an authentication hook to ensure that ...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Casper Imaging HD DISK name ??

I just noticed when going into Disk Utility that the Hard Drive Disk is being named Macintosh HD and so is the Volume. These are on computers that have been imaged via Casper Imaging. Why is this happening?I would rather have the 'disk' labeled; 251 ...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Casper Suite and Snow License Manager

Hi! We're moving towards using Snow License Manager to help with license auditing on campus. Snow has written a plugin that interfaces with the JSS, but they haven't been able to make clear to us what the actual benefit of interfacing Snow and the JS...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 1 kudos

Auto-add iBooks book to user iBooks Library

Hi all, have a problem I haven't been able to search for a solution on here. So here goes.There is a need on our site to offer new students digital materials on the school history, curriculum, ethos, culture, expectations, etc. Students on site are g...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

MySQL 5.7.x Released

Just noticed tonight that I looks like the final release of MySQL 5.7 its out. https://www.oracle.com/corporate/pressrelease/mysql-5-7-ga-101915.html Will be interesting to test it as it is supposed to be much faster than 5.6. Anyone did any testing ...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

LDAP traffic to AD server high

our network analysis software is showing 30,000 traffic flows a minute of ldap traffic, between our JSS on our OSX 10.11.1 to our AD server. When mysql is on the mac server is indicating its sending and receiving around around 1.5 mb/s when its turne...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

VPP issues (VPP IOS 9+ Smart Device Groups Method)

Good afternoon everyone, I wanted to see if anyone else is having issues with assigning apps to devices using the newer method where you assign to a device as opposed to user through VPP and Apple ID. We have checked our Apple VPP site and the apps a...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Force check-in and inventory update

We have some computers that have not checked in in awhile so I need the techs to check their status. One of the things I would like them to do is to attempt to force the computer to check-in and update its inventory. I know sudo jamf policy will forc...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

JSS - No Ciphers?

I'm preparing to update my JSS from 9.73 to 9.81. Looking through the server.xml file, I see there are no ciphers listed on the 8443 connector. I didn't know that was possible. My server is working fine. Anyone know what tomcat does when there's no c...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Apple VPP web service issues?

Is anyone in JAMF nation seeing any current intermittent issues with Apple's VPP service? We are currently on FileWave and it appeared Apple's VPP went down for an hour yesterday afternoon (for us at least). After it came back online we are still get...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

More configuration profile issues

I've been struggling to find out what's going on with our 802-1x WiFi Configuration profile. The profile imports our root cert, intermediate, then downloads an AD cert, then configures WiFi network. We currently have a profile configured that install...  View more

• 18 replies
  • 0 kudos

External Hard Drive permission issues

Hey all, Hopefully this is the right place to post this. I support a few Mac labs and I am running in to an issue where students with External Hard Drives formatted as Mac OS Extended use their drives on their home Mac and save a file. Then when they...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

JDS will not show up in dashboard properly

Hello, I have installed the JDS package on multiple JDSs with no issue, but I have one machine that refuses to work. I have gone as far as restoring it back to factory and starting from scratch, but it will not work. I have attached the screen shots ...  View more

d2b5e75231af4b919dccf96883d1316b 202cf829c5ed4ca589cd9f469c23e43f
  • 9 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors