Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 9 kudos

Finder Sidebar

Does anyone have any input, perhaps a scripted item, that could be added on to a Folder deployment that would also move it into the Finder sidebar? This seems to be a plist item, but I don't want to edit the .plist on file because I don't want to int...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Create a VM from a physical OS X SSD partition?

I have a SSD sliced into 2 partitions on my MacBook. One is a partition for production work (my "daily driver"). The other partition is running OS X 10.11 El Capitan for testing. I boot back and forth as needed when I want to test El Cap. My company ...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Set network interfaces order

Hi all,I'm facing an issue for the Macs of my company.I need to set up the network service order for the different interfaces.The main goal is to setup the interfaces as follow:1- Ethernet (built in, Thunderbolt or USB)2- WifiBasically I need to set ...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Microsoft extends Office for Mac 2011 Support

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/lifecycle?p1=15627&wa=wsignin1.0 Microsoft has significantly extended support for Office software, "Office for Mac 2011". Originally, the company wanted to deploy updates for Office 2011 only until January 2016. No...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Getting http and https proxy to work (kerberos)

Hello, We are trying to deploy Trustwave Secure Web Gateway with Kerberos auth and are having a ton of issues ranging from performance to sites just not functioning. Kerberos is working properly... so the hard part is out of the way. Has anyone here ...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Keeping things up to date

Hello, Is anyone out there using patchoo and/or autopkgr successfully in a production environment? I'd like to hear your experiences if you are doing so. I'm just starting to play with Patchoo, and have run into many consistency snags with Autopkgr.....  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Computer Lab Students folders

Hey fellow JAMFsters!In one our ISDS labs, the teacher has six classes and has a server local to his classroom. He creates the user accounts, via Passenger app, then exports the list with passwords to hand out to students. He then imports the users t...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

ICloud problems

ok I bought an iPad mini. My brother made an iCloud account then forgot the password so there's always a pop up asking to put in out password so it can upload n update I'm sure. So I made a new iCloud account but when I go to log out of the old domai...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Script for naming computer as LDAP user

I was able to use a script found here to assign a computer based on LDAP name. How about a script for changing the name of the computer to the LDAP user proper name (e.g. Lastname Firstname) or something similar?  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Bypass Proxy Settings

Have there been any other attempts to automate adding: swcdn.apple.com, swdownload.apple.com, swquery.apple.com,swscan.apple.com, to the "Bypass Proxy Settings" field?  View more

1742b891e91643eba404dd9c0480b459
  • 13 replies
  • 0 kudos

File Sharing - Off topic

Hi All,I have a Yosemite server set up for our faculty to have their own share folder. I've given read/write permissions to that faculty member for their particular folders. They like to create drop only folders within that for the students to submit...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Recon

Is there a way to recon All Mac computers on a Domain at once without going to each system 1 by 1 and manually doing the recon for each user?  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

new to JAMF MDM

Our school district purchased an Apple server and JAMF Casper MDM solution. Apple is to install the server and MDM solution in late September. I have been asked to setup 50 MacBook Pro's for teachers now. I am wondering if it makes sense to provision...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

computer not getting enrolled during configuration ??

10.10.4 Macbook Air goes through its thin image configuration. Applications get installed, Self Service gets installed, but the computer does not get enrolled into my site. I have to afterwards run the quickadd.pkg to get it enrolled. anybody have an...  View more

• 20 replies
  • 0 kudos

Login window delay after logging in

I'm wondering if anyone else is seeing this issue.I've been able to replicate it on 10.9.5 and 10.10.4. The issue is when people are WAKING their computers from sleep(usually when they close the lid and walk to a meeting), then after entering their p...  View more

• 42 replies
  • 0 kudos

Flash Removal Script

Here's a script to uninstall flash using Adobe's uninstaller app. I am borrowing heavily from @peterloobuyck's great flash updater script. Unfortunately, it won't notify the user to close their web browser. Not sure how much that matters. If you know...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 6 kudos

VPN issue work around?

We have a Cisco VPN solution and a new pcf file was created. PCF files contain all the info required to establish the VPN, the issue is that the group password/secret is encrypted and the Mac OS requires it to be applied in plaintext, and it is a sec...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Issues after netbook imaging

So without any changes I can think of since last week, all of my newly imaged Imacs are imaging fine - except when you go to open system preferences/desktop+screensavers, nothing is populated in that window. I have tried trashing the systemprefs.plis...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

deploy ldap setting to all Mac

Hi All i'm trying to find a way to deploy our ldap setting via JSS to all our users MACs. so that user could find our ldap account in Internet accounts on their mac like below attached pic  View more

d8ac75541dc7424086cbce753dada963
  • 14 replies
  • 0 kudos

Mac VPP Invitation not showing up

I have a large group whose Macs are being refreshed and up until this evening, I haven't had any issues with: 1. adding the user to the new computer via the JSS console, 2. Preparing the invitation for VPP for that user, and 3. Add the user to the li...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Results of single extension attribute via API

Got this, but it returns all EAs (curl -u user:pass https://server-int.company.org:8443/JSSResource/computers/id/2134 | xpath '/computer/extension_attributes/extension_attribute') I'd like only a single attribute specified by ID 45. Anyone have a goo...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

IT Wish List For Software Developers

I’ve caught the ear of the CEO of a software developer because I sent off a letter of complaint in regard to changes they made to their web site. There is now virtually no support area. They now require login to access downloads, but only those downl...  View more

• 12 replies
  • 0 kudos

Issues with Xcode Simulator Instruments

Hi Everyone, I was hoping to get some insight on a specific challenge that someone is currently facing in their Apple environment. They are not using the Casper Suite, but need some assistance. The current challenge is getting Xcode Simulator Instrum...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

pwpolicy keychain issue

For background, we are using DEP and want to force a password change to the users account once we deliver the machine. So we create the account out of the box, the machine logs in and policies apply, and then when we deliver the machine they have to ...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Creating Images

If I use a 2015 imac to create my mac images, can those images be used on a 2015 MBPR laptop and earlier laptops? Or is it not compatible?  View more

• 12 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors