Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.4.0 Beta is now available

Hello Jamf Nation! This release is in support of the Apple Spring release. We have several exciting new features including beta MDM support for Apple Vision Pro, Self Service initial app detection, Support Digital Market Act app restriction, and more...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 1 kudos

I couldn't find your e-mail. I would like to be on the list for Encouraging Women in IT. Thanks! brenda_brusegard@wmep.k12.mn.us  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Can't log in with domain users

I'm having a problem show up randomly on our 10.8.5 computers. The user will log out and when they attempt to log back in they are just shaken off. When I look at the system log I see this: Oct 21 09:14:58 COMPNAME SecurityAgent[129]: User info conte...  View more

• 21 replies
  • 0 kudos

802.1x Machine Based Authentication

Hi Everyone, In the JNUC 2013 Using 802.1x with the Casper Suite session it was talked about that it's possible to use Machine based authentication rather than individual user credentials. Has anyone had any success in doing this, and if so would be ...  View more

• 21 replies
  • 0 kudos

slides

Any chance the slides will be posted soon? I am looking for the presentation slides from JNUC 2013 on "Getting Users to Do Your Job (Without Them Knowing It)" @gregneagle-LOL that was great! @mm2270-Thanks for explaining this. Sorry about the lack of...  View more

• 9 replies
  • 0 kudos

Supervising my students

I am trying to supervise my students so I can use Casper Focus. I have run just a handful through my system and they all were able to go through and they say supervised in the configurator. However, they are not showing up as supervised in my casper ...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Disabling WiFi & Bluetooth on iOS

Anyone know of the best way to disable wifi and BlueTooth for iOS devices through a policy? We have some devices that will be used as a point of sale, and our Security team would like those disabled or kept turned off at all times. I was wondering if...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Manual MCX Migration from 8.71 to 9.x

Hi All, I've been testing Casper 9 for some time while we run on our stable 8.71 release. However the one thing i've not been able to solve is manual MCX settings as I have three that I need to port over. I've four settings for our homesync prefs and...  View more

• 11 replies
  • 0 kudos

Dualboot - Howto keep Windows up to date

I have been looking for clues in the forum, but I did not find something....sorry if I overlooked it.I have a request for dualboot machines.I found brigadier https://github.com/timsutton/brigadier to get to current boot-camp drivers,but: I wonder how...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Indicate policy falure if script failes.

Is there a way to have the policy execution status be "failed" if the script within the policy fails a test? I have a policy that runs a script. At the end of the script I test to see if it was successful. How do I pass its failure to the policy so t...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Keeping Up To Date on Plugin and App Updates

JNUC 2013 inspired me to dig right in this weekend, when I got home. First up, creating Smart Groups for computers with out of date flash, java, silverlight, Chrome, Firefox etc. The create a policy to install the latest version on any computers in t...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Apps do not need to be managed for font profiles

In my demo, I showed that installing the profile with the Comic Sans don't wasn't enough for Keynote on iOS to display the font correctly. I uninstalled Keynote and reinstalled it via self serve. Just to be clear, you don't need to do that. Just quit...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

SMC and PRAM resets via self service

I've been digging around to find terminal commands for SMC and PRAM resets so I can created a script to use with Self Service to reset PRAM and SMC. Has anyone else attempted or had any success? I can't find the proper boot args for 10.8.x  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

EFI Password via script

Hi All, Sorry I couldn't make JNUC 2013! However i've been working on something and while it's very raw AND VERY UNTESTED, I thought i'd share with you all to hopefully make managing EFI passwords a little easier. I've a script that can do it all. Ho...  View more

• 13 replies
  • 0 kudos

JNUC 2013 - music reviews

Cecil Otter is one of the artists on the JNUC2013 playlist. His "Rebel Yellow" album is awesome...buy it! https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/rebel-yellow/id630938421  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

GitHub

In case anyone missed it, here's a link to my GitHub. The slides are also available in the resources section for the presentation. https://github.com/futureimperfect Thank you!  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

JNUC 2013 - Thank you! (and ideas for 2014?)

Thank you to everyone in the community for a creating a truly amazing JNUC this year. Whenever you get a chance, we'd love to hear your ideas for next year. Have a safe trip home, and we hope to see you all again soon!cam  View more

• 36 replies
  • 0 kudos

Restrictions Profile on iOS 7?

We created our Restriction profile for devices running 6.1.3, loaded it up all summer on 400 iPads. School year starts, got some new students meaning we need to supervise new devices, meaning we have to put 7.0.2 on them (Thanks Apple). We're loading...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Disabling Desktop Modification

Is there is managed preference that disables changes to desktop? There is one for the Dock but I don't know if there is one for the actual desktop. If I try to customize one, i cannot use the mcx-desktop-disabled as this pull the desktop picture MCX ...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Microsoft Remote Desktop version 8

Microsoft Remote Desktop version 8 is available from the Mac App Store. Does anyone know if it will be available for deployment to enterprise without being tied to an Apple ID or how to deploy without prompting for the Apple ID when the user launches...  View more

• 49 replies
  • 0 kudos

Vanishing Kerberos ticket

Hi guys I am moving away from ADmitMac and using Apple built in connector. Unfortunately my kerberos ticket gets deleted after a couple of minutes. Has anyone seen this in Mountain Lion?  View more

• 11 replies
  • 0 kudos

JNUC 2013 Presentation Slides

It was almost impossible to take good notes in the JNUC sessions, as nearly every session had someone telling us; "Don't worry about taking notes, the slides will be available later today, tonight, etc…" Is there a rough ETA on when the slides will b...  View more

• 11 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors