Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 9 kudos

Mountain Lion/Active Directory Issues

Got my build sorted out ready to go the only problem i've found with testing is that if i force password change or disable account via the AD console this doesn't replicate to the device. Can login fine with the AD account etc. Anyone seen such issue...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Two OS X Servers, two NetInstall services

I have two Mac Mini OS X servers running OS 10.8.2 (File sharing mainly and NetBoot/NetInstall) Actually using them as DP (Distribution Points) for JAMF JSS. Have been using one server as the primary NetBoot/NetInstall server, and it works great. Hav...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Run casper imaging from Thunderbolt drive?

Trying to run casper imaging from thunderbolt drive. (casper suite 8.62) The goal is to get imaging done as quickly as possible over the thunderbolt I/O. after which, the imaged mac would report back the casper server that it had been successfully im...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Outlook patching

We are currently in a bit of a pickle, we want to run updates on Outlook 2011 for Mac. Currently we have 70 Macbooks that do not have the most current update. I have looked through the manifests on JAMF but i was unable to find anything. I would just...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

directing 10.8 clients to an internal SUS

This really shouldn't be so difficult... Obviously I have several 10.8 clients that are going to need their updates. I just upgraded our dev server to OS X 10.8 (we move slowly here), and despite following Apple's KB articles on the subject here: htt...  View more

• 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

Adobe CS6 crashing loop.

Hi all - this is something that has occurred suddenly in the last 48 hours or so have their entire CS6 quit and stop working. All their Adobe CS6 apps are getting stuck in a crashing loop where an application such as Photohop launches, quits, the Ado...  View more

• 56 replies
  • 0 kudos

CS6 InDesign install error

Hey all,Getting this error when installing an InDesign CS6 package I'm getting this error Installation failed. The installer reported: dyld: DYLD_ environment variables being ignored because main executable (/System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/Install....  View more

• 15 replies
  • 0 kudos

CS6 Droplets

Most of our creative team that have CS6 are not local admins. We restrict applications from running from most locations except the applications folder which has the side effect of not allowing droplets to run. Does anyone have a workaround for this?  View more

• 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

Symantec Endpoint Protection

I've been trying for a few weeks to implement sep as a self service item. Its working however, it never comes up with a managed client. Has anyone else ran into this problem?  View more

• 25 replies
  • 0 kudos

SettingLanguage and Text Preferance UK Region

Hi guys I noticed in my excel spread sheet the date format not showing in UK formats I narrowed it down to the Region in the Language and Text Preference Pane. Does any one know how i can set the Region to United Kingdom via the command line Thanks  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Network managed accounts has no admin rights

With a managed mobile account, I am able to successfully log on via any AD account, however, both my domain and my standard account do not automatically provide admin privileges. I have authentication from any domain in the forest checked.I have also...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Let's Discuss iBooks and iBooks Author

Hello everyone! iBooks Author is a tool that we use heavily at JAMF Software and we believe the ways it can positively enhance communication, projects, and training in the workplace and in education is powerful. Now that we've explored its capabiliti...  View more

• 11 replies
  • 0 kudos

iOS and wifi feedback

Hey everyone, we are having some wifi issues with iOS and we are working with a few others at understanding what is the best wifi setup for iOS. At the moment we know that iOS is still a bit flaky on wpa2 with aes-ccm (version 6.0.1 and 6.0.2 it is c...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Mac clients reporting old SUS address

Within my environment i have about 7 servers, which are each located locally in a given office to serve updates amongst other things to their local clients. Clients are then via network segment directed to their local SUS to get their updates. Howeve...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Composer 8.62 changing the "Exclusion List"

I'm following instructions for deploying Office 2011. Part of the instructions is to copy the Office 2011 installer into /private/tmp/. When I try to remove this path from the Exclusion List one of two things happens. Composer crashes, Clicking "Save...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Mountain Lion Cert issues via profiles

OK... so Casper being able to push out SCEP Certs via Profiles has been tremendously helpful in our environment. So going to Lion has been a great move. However, now that I'v moved to Mountain Lion (or testing going to it), its working different. The...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

password expiration and screen lock issue

Has anyone experienced this?We use AD integration and have a 30 day expiration policy, but if a user does not log off his Mac and the password expires and the screen locks, they cannot unlock the computer with their original password that had expired...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Custom Report to collect User Information

Greetings all; I am looking/needing a report to go against the JSS that will report back the users on mac's and the size of their home directories. If anyone has created one and is willing to share it would help from reinventing the wheel.  View more

• 9 replies
  • 0 kudos

Deploying ScreenTime for Flash created ScreenSavers?

Anyone got any tips for Deploying ScreenTime for Flash created ScreenSavers? Ours seems to work intermittently. I've packaged the screen saver from ~/Library/Screen Savers/ & deployed using FEU/FUT's. I've also deployed the flash trusted files file i...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Correct Active Directory Search Paths?

Hello, I've been troubleshooting "slow login times" for some AD bound systems in the corporate environment. I've stumbled upon a oddity that I'd like some clarification on. The AD search paths differ from client to client in my environment. New macs ...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 1 kudos

null group error..

Has anyone seen this and/or found a resolve? Many of our users are seeing the error "makesqueue is trying to modify the printer settings. Type the name and password of a user in the "(null)" group to allow this." when attempting to add a printer and ...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

CS6, Profiles and Application Restrictions

Hi all We have upgraded to Adobe CS6 and have a profile with Application Restrictions on our client machines. When running any CS6 application a prompt 'You dont have permission to use the application "adobe_licutil." The system.log shows the path to...  View more

• 10 replies
  • 0 kudos

Keeping up With Apple

This is more of a general question, one of my jobs is OS X image maintenance, I have found hardware changes and image maintenance to be a bit chaotic with Apple, for example we order a few new retina macbook pros because someone asks for them and whe...  View more

• 16 replies
  • 0 kudos

Boston-area JAMF User's Group

The Iowa group post got me thinking that having a Boston area group would be really great. Myself, I focus in high-security environments but I wouldn't want to limit to any particular user area. Depending on size, we can have sub-groups and areas of ...  View more

• 207 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors