Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 4 kudos

JAMF Cloud frustrations

Hello, We signed up for a hosted JSS a few months ago. We've been encountering some pretty severe reliability issues with the product. Has anyone else been having problems with a hosted instance? Specifically, the JSS has been unavailable or down, or...  View more

• 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

Question on deploying apps downloaded from app store

I'm working on rolling out OneNote in Self Service for our users. I'm packaging it with composer. I'm running into an issue where a user wants to update OneNote (or any program I downloaded from App Store), it prompts for the Apple ID I used to insta...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Autocaspernbi image not working?

Hi all, I've been experimenting with Autocaspernbi, and unfortunately it seems to not be working. The whole process to make the image seems work, I use AutoDMG to create OS.dmg from the app store Yosemite installer, add the Casper Imaging app, etc. A...  View more

• 19 replies
  • 0 kudos

Adding GitHub Repositories to JAMF About Me Profile

Many of us have GitHub repositories and as of now there is no preset to add it to your JAMF Nation profile. If you add this bit of code to your profile you will get a matching GitHub icon and a weblink to your repo. @emilykausalik pointed out other i...  View more

• 12 replies
  • 0 kudos

Managing windows on a mac with JSS installed.

Just wondering what program people use out there for this job. On the windows partition I need to be able to install programs, install updates, and things like printers etc. We don't have an AD server. Ideally the management side would be cloud based...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Adding Active Directory Account with Admin Rights

I am attempting to add an active directory account to all of our Macs using the Local Account task in a policy in JSS. It adds the account fine on the mac but only adds it as a standard user, despite the fact I checked the box to allow the account to...  View more

• 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

10.10.4 OS Update from policy

Hello! I am needing to push out the 10.10.4 update to computers via a policy. I will be using the non-combo update since these are running 10.10.3 currently. I was wondering what is the best setup and if anyone has done this yet. Is is safe for me to...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Policy Banner

Hey I'm sure this is uber simple, however, would like to display a Policy banner for acceptable usage. Have noticed that the Banner keeps reappearing if the machine is left idle, any ideas on how i could only get it to appear once? Cheers  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Casper based share mount script

I know there are a lot of variations on this theme out there but here is a script I have made for mounting shares straight out of Casper without requiring anything on the client machine that might be a fit for someones needs. Primarily I wanted a scr...  View more

• 12 replies
  • 0 kudos

Casper Imaging 9.72/ 10.10.3 NBI

Anyone seeing issues with Block Copy Imaging while on 10.10.3 Server and 10.10.3 DMG created from AutoDMG and JSS 9.72? Imaging process fails to block copy i still have NetBoot 10.9.5 with 9.72 on there and it works GREAT with 10.9.5 upgrades to 10.1...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

[iOS] Prestage Sequential Naming Scheme

I was just asked by another Casper admin here if there was any way to set it so that every device in a prestage fits a naming scheme like ABC-DE-#. I believe they're looking to use multiple different prestages to set the various departments, location...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Site randomly changing back to "None"

I have a weird issue where immediately after imaging a computer I can look it up, and it's properly placed in the correct Site. However, the site will randomly reset itself back to None after the fact. I am not sure what would trigger this as I am no...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

North East (Boston) meetup is scheduled for July 21st

We meet once a season, so this one is our Summer Meeting. We'll be meeting in Cambridge near downtown Boston, thanks to the Broad Institute. Current topics on the table are Getting the Most from your Extension Attributes. And Effectively running a Te...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Adobe Flash Player 18.0.0.203 via Trigger

I am using the Casper 9.72 and followed some instructions from a related thread to obtain the newly released Flash Player update. I signed up at Adobe's site for an administrator distribution license and downloaded a copy of Flash Player 18.0.0.203. ...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Multiple Partitions and Filevault 2

I have noticed that when I push my encryption policy it only encrypts the boot partition. Is there a way for Casper to encrypt multiple partitions? Also, has anything changed with Boot Camp encryption? Is it still impossible to encrypt the Boot Camp ...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Custom JSS UX/UI improvement experiment

Decided to post this finally, it's a simple Tampermonkey script that makes changes to the JSS that are meant to improve the appearance and save time. Have at it, tear apart the code, let me know what you think. Not a JS dev as the code will make clea...  View more

d301ae9e2a3b497aa5ce33a483e76d49 f9024a507b9b45eca31a0ed05261190d 0ab2d4a32e2f4d7c879022d4184ca9fb fe7bbd432fc74ff1b531eee15017d923
  • 22 replies
  • 0 kudos

Self Service Description Window Content misaligned

So this happened a few version ago & I was hoping it would just fix itself. The Self Service Description of all policies has gone misaligned. The close button is off in the upper right corner. Is there a way to reinstall the Self Service on the jss o...  View more

ef26d3eb454c4ce6944a28472f56c387
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

JSS and App Transport Security in OS X 10.11

Has anyone been able to successfully connect to the JSS web interface using Mac OS X 10.11? We are unable to connect to the JSS via the web or when using Apple Configurator 2. Based on the error messages we are receiving it looks like the JSS does no...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

JAMF in an MSP Environment

Hey Everyone, I work for a MSP and we are currently using JAMF to manage approximately 20 completely independent environments. In the past, we were using one JSS to manage all of our devices, until we were informed that Apple's EULA does not permit t...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Best Practice JSS Certificate

Hi, I was going to use a certificate issues by our AD CA for the JSS but I realised that then when enrolling a device the jamf binary would not connect because a Mac which is not domain joined does not trust our CA, so I would have needed to install ...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

How to modify script to account for OS X 10.10?

The additional character in 10.10 has broken another script we use, but I'm not sure how to fix this one due to my limited scripting skills. I tried to remove the if statements referring to OS type since we have nothing older than 10.7 in use, and ev...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

JNUC 2015-question for those have been in the past

HI, I'm (hopefully) going to be attending this year and have a few questions since I will be up there flying there. Will I need a car to get around? How late is the the final day (trying to figure out if I should fly that day or wait until the next d...  View more

• 13 replies
  • 0 kudos

Set EFI password causes loss of startup disk?

Hi, I'm seeing an intermittent issue on macs across multiple apple OS types and models The policy to set the EFI password deploys the DMG and then runs however at completely random times on reboot the folder question mark icon appears We then have to...  View more

• 18 replies
  • 1 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors