Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.8.0 Beta is now available!

Hello Jamf Nation! The Jamf Pro 11.8.0 Beta Release features a number of exciting improvements and enhancements for managing your Apple devices. Starting with 11.8.0, Jamf Pro admins will be able to set a minimum OS for MacBooks, iPhones, and iPads t...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 6 kudos

2011 MacBook Pros and smart groups

This is damn frustrating. Not sure if it's Apple's issue or Casper. Apple GSX (and MacTracker) lists the model name as "MacBook Pro (15-inch, Early 2011)" or "MacBook Pro (15-inch, Late 2011)" while Casper lists them both as "15-inch MacBook Pro (201...  View more

• 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

Certs not appearing in Recon nor Composer

I have installed my Apple Developer & Installer certs. I can sign in Packager fine. But the option in dropdown prefs for Composer and Recon will not show my Dev/Installer cert. Therefore I can't sign Composer packages & Quickadd.pkg. I could have swo...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Notes 9 Crashes after clase

Hi all!! Any of you has been had a problem with lotus 9 and A Yosemite mac ?? The problem is that Lotus Crashes when it close. We have been installed JAMF on the system by september, after that the problems started. The common behavior is that a note...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

New to JAMF Casper

Hey Everyone Just getting started with JAMF Casper here, and I would like to dive right in and see what are the best ways to get things done. I would like to know what are the best ways to package applications to be installed to your images or throug...  View more

• 11 replies
  • 0 kudos

Smart group based on check-in status

Hi all, I was wondering if anyone has a way to group devices based on how long they have been checking in outside of my network. Here is an example: I have a computer that has been checking in from the outside for 2 weeks straight without ever coming...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Thank you!

An enormous thank you to everyone who attended. We had so many insightful questions and ideas. It is exciting to see so many of us asking deep questions about the status quo in IT, and searching for better ways of participating in the organizations w...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

JSS Startup - Checking for tables...

Howdy! We had a tiny problem with our xServe (10.10.5) due to space, and everything went haywire. Got 6 GB of space back and now we can't seem to get the JSS to start back up. It's stuck on the painful 'Checking for tables...' progress bar. I have se...  View more

• 9 replies
  • 0 kudos

View apple ID on devices

Just wanted to ask if it is possible, when viewing iPads in our jamf mdm, to see which apple ID is currently being used on any particular device? Our students should only be using our academy apple ID however we are finding that some are using their ...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

JNUC 2015 - Solving Real Needs with the Command Line

View the JNUC Video http://www.jamfsoftware.com/resources/solving-real-needs-with-the-command-line/ Assigning a Computer to a User using Last Login This will assign a computer record in the JSS to the user that last logged into the computer. Create a...  View more

• 15 replies
  • 0 kudos

Manually importing users

This may be a silly question! We are just getting started with JSS. We can't connect JSS directly with our AD as it is hosted by our district and they won't allow it. Is there some way to export AD users and import in to JSS manually?  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

802.1x Machine Based Authentication Question

Hi guys, We are deploying a configuration profile which contains a network payload and certificates. The aim is for machines connected by WiFi to be authenticated at the login window so that we can perform management tasks. (machine based authenticat...  View more

• 9 replies
  • 0 kudos

Cox Automotive at JNUC?

I was informed there is an admin that works for Cox Automotive attending. My company was just acquired by them and I'm looking to meeting up and chat.  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Casper Imaging 9.81 issue?

I upgraded our JSS to 9.81 (and copied casper imaging 9.81 into netboot.dmg) and computers imaged with recovery partitions are booting to folder and question mark. Same computers imaged without recovery partitions image fine. If I image using Casper ...  View more

• 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

Recurring Check-in vs. sudo jamf policy

I have a policy that calls a script. It is a script JAMF provided that prompts the user for their password, generates a new individual FileVault key and uploads it to the JSS. I have this policy set to "recurring check-in." However, users (who are al...  View more

• 17 replies
  • 0 kudos

Locked configuration profile - unable to remove

Hello, I have a configuration profile set at the user level to configure wifi access. In the Profiles gui in system preferences, removal is greyed out. When I do a profiles -Lv in terminal, it shows the profile as "removalDisallowed: TRUE" Where is t...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors