Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.4.0 Beta is now available

Hello Jamf Nation! This release is in support of the Apple Spring release. We have several exciting new features including beta MDM support for Apple Vision Pro, Self Service initial app detection, Support Digital Market Act app restriction, and more...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 1 kudos

OT Wipe and Restore Airs for BYOD

Hi All,This is not really Casper Suite related but: We are redeploying some 2011 Airs for BYOD students. We may have them enrolled in our jss for very minimal checkins. I want them to be wiped, restored and Setup Assistant opens at startup. I am on t...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

2 factor authentication on OS X , best practice?

Were currently investigating / exploring 2 factor authentication solutions for OS X. We would like to achieve a authentication mechanism for logging onto OS X devices with something that you know (a password) and something that you have (for example ...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Configure AppleID in a configuration profil

Hello,I don't know if the subject has already treated but I didn't find about it.Is there a possibility, in a configuration profil, to setup an Apple ID ?I try with Exchange Active Sync but it doesn't work. Thanks for your responses.Arnaud.  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Pre-JNUC Meetup possible venue change?

I was excited to see the RSVPs quickly jump to almost 20, however Brit's Pub has told me they are hosting another private event that night. We could try showing up and making due with what's available but I wouldn't want to disappoint or have a packe...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

How and when to use FUT and FEU or Both

I went through the 2 day training recently for jamf suite. As days go by and I set up my test environments some questions arise. I am hoping someone out there can clarify the difference between FUT and FEU settings. After the training I'm left with t...  View more

• 13 replies
  • 3 kudos

Change zoom button defaults in Yosemite

Hi, all, Does anyone know of a way to change the green zoom button's default behavior in Yosemite back to what it was in Mavericks and prior? I would prefer to use a "defaults write" like statement, if it exists, and not rely on the addition of third...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Running policies at scheduled times

Some back story, I have a policy that caches an update, and another policy that installs the cached package at logout/restart. I have another policy that has a simple script that popups and tells users that they need to restart to complete the instal...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Lync web plug-in, LWAPlugin15.8.bundle

Do you manage or install the Lync web plug-in? If yes, do you put it into /Library/Internet Plug-Ins or do you put it in ~/Library/Internet Plug-ins ? The installer from Microsoft wants to place it into the user's folder, which is ~/Library/Internet ...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Packaging and Deploying Google Chrome

I'm using Composer to package chrome: Open composer and Take Snapshot Install chrome set default home page and activate automatic update Take Final Snapshot At this point all is well, but I noticed under users is the username of the account I used to...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Help with part of a script

I'm trying to loop through policy check-ins at first boot so that all software that needs to be installed is run. In plain words, until no more policies are found, continue to run the jamf binary to do a policy check-in. The reason for this is becaus...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

gather Info on all " *.nsf files Lotus notes"

Hello, I need to gather Info on all " *.nsf files Lotus notes" on every mac. I want to be able to get full path, size, dates. They usually reside in /Users/Library/Application Support/IBM Notes Data/, but I want to do this for every user and then be ...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Keychain doesn't exist until second login (AD accounts).

This is happening randomly with no pattern on our AD accounts after imaging. Issues: Keychain access shows that the login keychain isn't created for anyone until the second login. The tech has to log in twice for everyone to receive a login keychain ...  View more

• 13 replies
  • 0 kudos

unmanage a device from the server

Is it possible to unmanage a device from the server end without deleting it from JSS and without doing the task on the computer itself?We have a situation where a computer has been pulled aside by our legal department pending some investigations. It ...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

SCEP Server Returned an Invalid Response

I have 1 iPad that is enrolled in DEP and when it starts up it goes through the process to enroll in Casper but stops with an error: SCEP Server Returned an Invalid Response. Did some searching and it seems like it happens to other MDMs as well but I...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Help with script to mount volumes

Hello everyone, I noticed there are already several open/closed discussions regarding network volume mounting with JSSI tried the script included in the Resource Kit but I don't like the idea of having a launch agent left on the client side, so I tri...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

What to know - JSS - New comer

Hi Friends, we are evaluating JSS for managing Max OS and can someone please help with the below,1. How to download Casper client/agent and make part of image (thought process here is image will have OS X 10.10.3 + Casper client. Once Image in the ne...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

i3 iMacs and AutoCasperNBI 10.10 Netboot

I built a 10.10.3 netboot image with AutoCasperNBI recently. It works great with most of my district's Macs save for i3 iMacs. What usually would happen is that it would hang halfway during the loading screen and you would eventually have to do a har...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Android devices - Institution owned.

Hey all, We have started looking at putting our institution Android devices into Casper however, am I going crazy and seeing that only 'personal' devices are supported? Is anyone able to shed some light on whether institutional android device managem...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Recon Remote Inventory Issue

Hi, We use to run recon remote inventory to many of our Mac clients from Recon Application. We migrated to 9.7 a month ago... We are observing Extension Attribute and few other inventory is not reporting properly.. If we login to the client through S...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Casper Suite Beta Program

Would you like to enroll in JAMF’s revamped Casper Suite beta program? JAMF Software beta programs give you a first look at new features and functionality in upcoming products. This also allows you to help provide feedback, be involved in beta discus...  View more

• 16 replies
  • 0 kudos

The master distribution point could not be mounted.

I seem to be having an issue where once i have opened and closed Casper Admin, then try to open it again i get this message everytime. The only way i have found to resolve this issue is to restart and open after restart. This issue happen alway after...  View more

6f11209293d04e67b3de64e24892154b
  • 20 replies
  • 0 kudos

Restricting Desktop Picture Slideshows

Hi all, I'm looking for a way to restrict my users (800+ High School Students) from using picture folders to change their desktop background pictures, lots of random/inappropriate selfies popping up when I have to work on their machines. I know I can...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

FileVault on shared workstations

We're starting to encrypt all Macs with FileVault 2, and I'm curious how other people approach the project, specifically in regards to shared workstations. For single-user computers, FileVault is no problem, since you can just enable the one user. Ho...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

disk encryption Yosemite FV2 for all users

I created a basic disk encryption configuration. -- key = individual-- enable = mgmt account I created a Policy to use this configuration -- trigger = recurring checkin-- management account = enabled user Is there a way to get all the current users e...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Branding JSS Generated Emails

Hi Folks. It occurs to me that when we send out emails from JSS, say for enrollment invitations for VPP or otherwise, they come across as austere and suspect. I'm looking for a way to brand outgoing emails, so that it is more clear it is coming from ...  View more

• 8 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors