Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Extending the available IP range

We have 160 iPads configured via Configurator and assigned to JSS, supervised and managed. As the devices were being used more frequently we found our network was running out of available IP addresses to allocate so the range needed to be extended. T...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Smart Computer Group - AD Membership

I am looking for a way to create a smart computer group based on AD group membership. Example: I want to create a smart computer group called Help Desk that contains the computers for my Help Desk team. I would like the group to reference the AD grou...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Configuration profiles and .pref files

I am trying to deploy settings for a Wacom Intuos Pen Tablet via configuration profiles and am having some trouble because the settings are in .pref files as opposed to .plist files. I see that you can configure custom settings in configuration profi...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Config Profiles not Pushing to Computers + Tomcat Error

Hello, We just finished our JumpStart. The configuration profiles continue to say "pending" when looking at management for a machine. The devices are enrolled and MDM is there for our site. Here is the error on the tomcat server: [ERROR] [Tomcat-63] ...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Pass AD Login Info to Sharepoint

I'm sure this has been covered but I couldn't find a how to. I need to take the user's login information and pass it to Sharepoint so they won't get the login prompts when going to the Intranet. Thank you  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Creating Self Service URL Plug-ins via script

Hi all. I wanted to post something that I put together about a month or so back, in case it would be useful to some of you. We don't really use Self Service URL plug-ins here, despite my occasional urging that they are, or would be, extremely useful ...  View more

• 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

Putting Apps on devices without tanking network?

My school district is in the process of rolling out iPads to our elementary schools. We have one school done and we had a myriad of problems getting apps on the iPads. We didn't fully understand how to configure VPP (this has been resolved finally) a...  View more

• 10 replies
  • 0 kudos

Updating from Java 7 to 8

Is anyone else having issues with your computers not updating to Java 8? Right now I have a smart group based on Java version and if it's not current then to run the policy to install the latest version. Only 12 of my computers are at 1.8.25.17 right...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

FV2: Issue new recovery key not working...

My JSS is on 9.6.2. Hoping to reset a few FV2 recovery keys for some Maverick/Yosemite clients. I created a policy and targeted the devices that had a mismatched key. Action: Issue new recovery key.Recovery Key Type: InstitutionalDisk Encryption Conf...  View more

• 11 replies
  • 0 kudos

View Options in Casper Remote

Is there a way to change the view options of Casper Remote? I want to see customized info on the main screen of casper remote. By default, it shows Computer Name | User Name | Asset Tag | IP Address Is there a way to change/customize this? I can't fi...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Time Issue

My clients are set up to Sync with Apple atomically for time, but they are drifting. Some Clients have 4-5 minutes in the future, some have it in the past. not sure what's going on here. If i go into settings and click update automatically off and on...  View more

• 17 replies
  • 1 kudos

9.63 Web UI slow response (tomcat issues?)

So since our upgrade to 9.63 we are seeing the JSS be very slow to respond. Working on it with support currently, but wondering if anyone else is seeing this? Gabe ShackneyPrinceton Public Schools  View more

• 9 replies
  • 0 kudos

Deploy DC certificate across all clients

Working in a school provides various problems and since a filtering change i need to deploy our DC certificate to all the clients. How can i deploy said certificate to all the clients? Thanks in anticipation :)  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Compiling Configuration Authorization Popups

Hi all, When we compile our configurations, we're constantly asked for administrator credentials throughout the process, which means we have to sit in front of the machine and type it in all day long. I feel like there'd be a simple resolution for th...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

JDS and Global Enterprise (Geo-balancing)

We have several offices around the globe, in NA, EU, AUS, etc. I've got the Master JSS server externally accessible in AWS N.Virginia. There is vpn connectivity between this VPC environment and our intranet. For each building, I have a JDS instance s...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Disabling iCloud messages on iPads

I have around 100 iPads that are configured to the same iCloud account with only Find my iPhone enabled. Every time we add a new device to the account a message comes up on all the iPads alerting that a new iPad has been added. If I add 10 iPads ever...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Requesting WiFi/VPN Certificates from Server via JAMF

Does anyone else use JAMF to request a certificate for their WiFi/VPN environments? We are moving away from user authentication to machine authentication and we need to be able to request certificates from our certificates server via a profile in JAM...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Not seeing users from OD. Very much a newbie

Hey guys/gals. Wanted to get some help with users not showing up in JSS. Setup:Mini 10.9.5, OD server with 5 local & 5 network, JSS 9.62. Problem:JSS see's the LDAP server but this is where I am stuck. I would think after inputing the LDAP info the u...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Site "migration" Best practices?

We have decided to start using jamf sites as a way to give lab admins access to manage their lab computers in JAMF.We have set up a bunch of sites, and would like to "migrate" some current lab Policies, Configuration profiles, Managed Preferences and...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Using API to create Distribution Points

Hi I am successfully using the API to do various things we require. One of the items on my list is to automate the creation of Distribution Points in the Casper interface. I can do this successfully except for the fact that I am unable to set the SMB...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Recovering a couple of files on corrupted Mac

Morning all, Working at a school the wonderful children never listen and backup files as suggested and as expected one of the little darlings needs his work on a Mac that won't now boot up.Tried doing a repair disc etc, which is presenting errors and...  View more

• 10 replies
  • 0 kudos

Network stability tests?

Hello, I was wondering if anyone had any tricks for checking network stability for a large organization. I often receive reports from users about failed Casper installs. When I check out the JAMF log on their Mac, I see many entries where the JSS is ...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors