Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 7 kudos

Managed Preferences for Users

Hello, I am trying to find out if I am missing something, I am trying to use Managed Preferences through Casper to setup Chrome with settings to allow Kerebos (AuthServerWhitelist etc) I enabled the checkbox on the Login/Logout Hooks settings in the ...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Scope Self Service to only local admin accounts

Is there a way to limit a Self Service item to be visible under a local admin account only? We do not want to require log in to Self Service. I would like licensed applications to be able to be installed by technicians when logged into the local admi...  View more

• 10 replies
  • 0 kudos

Removing Find My iPad / iCloud account on iPad / IOS8

Hey everyone, So I'm sure a lot of you are aware that when someone signs into an iCloud account on an iPad and enables "Find my iPad", you have to either have the password for the account to remove it, get the user to remove it via Apple's web interf...  View more

• 13 replies
  • 0 kudos

Java 8 u25 Updater

Anyone seeing how to globally kill the Java 8 Updater? Oracle appears to have moved the setting/key to everyone's home drives at: ~/Library/Preferences/com.oracle.javadeployment.plist Formerly in Java 7 the key was controlled by: /Library/Preferences...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

McAfee EndPoint Encryption vs FV2

Hey Guys, I am wondering what the main difference is between using McAfee EndPoint Encryption over using FileVault 2. Does McAfee just escrow FV2 keys or does it use its own native encryption? I have looked around the internet but can not seem to fin...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Installing a cached item policy failing

Good morning folks I'm currently having trouble with a policy I am using to deploy office. I have one policy that caches the installer and update for office and a separate policy that does a removal of the old office and an install of the new office/...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Default Web Browser 10.9+

Hi, has anybody been successful in enforcing the default web browser on 10.9 or higher?I started with a configuration profile assuming that would be the right way to go, and I found on 10.9 that it did set it once but did not persist. Well that is no...  View more

• 11 replies
  • 0 kudos

GarageBand 10.0.2 Install?

Hello, I've been using the method on the Der Flounder blog to capture the GarageBand 10.0.2 package from an AppStore install. However, every time I install using this captured file I get the error that GarageBand is damaged. Are people now needing so...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

FileVault User Add script Help

Hi Everyone, I have been given a script by JAMF to help with adding users to the FileVault list at login via a policy, we have a epic amount of Freelancers and they are not always the type to bring the machine back to have themselves enabled, they wi...  View more

• 39 replies
  • 0 kudos

Printing via Windows Printer Server issues

Hi all, We are on the cusp of completing a Mac deployment of roughly 170 laptops. We are having intermittent issues with printing to both our HP and Konica Minolta printers via a Windows 2008 R2 Print Server. We are using current release drivers for ...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Email & Calendar Profiles

Hi There I have set up email and calendar profiles to push to users, but I keep getting back a message as follows for the Mail Profile. I've tripled checked and all the information is in the profile taken from a working client config Some required in...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Need to process policy based on uptime

I'm trying to build a SMART GROUP that's based on user's machine uptime that I'm grabbing in an Extension Attribute. But apparently there's no way for me to build Smart Groups using that criteria (i.e., Machines where Extension Attribute Uptime > 5 d...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Network homes

We’re predominately a Windows shop and in the process of binding our (10.9 only) Macs to AD. At the moment our clients mount the SMBHome contained within the homeDirectory attribute on AD as expected, at /home/username. However, what I'd like to do i...  View more

• 9 replies
  • 0 kudos

Adobe Flash player 15.0.0.189 released

If you've registered already, grab the .pkg here: http://www.adobe.com/products/flashplayer/distribution3.html ..or see https://github.com/rtrouton/rtrouton_scripts/tree/master/rtrouton_scripts/install_latest_adobe_flash_player for the alternative.  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Paid App Distribution Issues

*Note - the following is only concerned with managed app distribution through the app store by way of VPP Assignments in JAMF, not self service apps, these are working fine. I have been working with my managed app distribution for a while, but have r...  View more

• 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

Mass deploy iOS 8 to iPads

Hi all!We've developed an in house-app that requires iOS 8 to be installed to run successfully. We now need to push out iOS 8 to about 200 iPads in remote locations. Is there a way to automate the iOS update OTA or otherwise without having to have an...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

New NBI, missing functionality?

One of my predecessors created an NBI on version 10.8.x.I'm now creating a new one (10.9.5), including the new Imaging 9.52 application. After booting into this new version, i found out not having access to any applications but Imaging? I'm also miss...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

3GB Content // 5000 files // Content dump

Hi, Just throwing it out there to see what other people are doing. I run IT for a company that deploy iPads. We put content onto an App that we have built. What is the best/easiest way to transfer 5000 files (around 3GB of .mp4/.mp3/.jpeg) to 30 devi...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors