Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Connect 1.4.1 Release

What’s New: Bug Fixes Jamf Connect Login 1.2.0 – N/A Jamf Connect Sync 1.0.4 – N/A Jamf Connect Verify 1.1.1 – [JC-419] Fixed an issue that prevented PingFederate end users from obtaining Kerberos tickets where a domain was not specified in the user’...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 1 kudos

Reporting on Notarization

Anyone have any luck creating an Extension Attribute to report on what Apps and Kexts are not Notarized? I started with this, but I'm not getting the information outputted into something useful. Ideally I'd like to only show rejected apps, but anythi...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Enable Dragging

In MacOS on a Macbook, in the Accessibility widget (in System Preferences) if you scroll all the way down to 'Mouse & Trackpad', and then click on the 'Trackpad Options' button, there is a by-default-unchecked box for 'Enable Dragging'. This option i...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Custom FileVault2 Config

Want to turn on FV2 with a configuration profile but not allow the end user to defer. (IE .. select 'cancel' when the popup window appears at logout.) I have tested, gotten help from Jamf, gotten help from MacAdmin, but I just cannot get it to work. ...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Settings in apps on iPads

I'm pretty sure this can't be done, but I have to ask: Is it possible to push app settings to iOS devices with Jamf Pro? Specifically, we want to force the Camera App to use Most Compatible mode (JPEG/H.264) instead of the default High Efficiency (HE...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 2 kudos

Set Jamf Pro computer name to name of computer

Hi all, the company I work for has a naming convention for all systems. Laptops are the serial number with a -LDesktops are the serial number with a -D I have written a script that handles this. The problem is the name does not update in the jamf pro...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 1 kudos

Enrollment stucked

We have Macbooks under DEP which enrolls through PreStage Enrollment profiles. What happens (randomly) is that as soon as we create the Local User Account and we get to the desktop, no Self Service is installed and no Polocy gets deployed. Does anyon...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Using the Department and Building names in a script

Hello, I'm wanting to run a script which does different things based on the computers Building and/or Department. For example, I use Munki also for managing specific apps that are a lot easier to deploy and update using Munki than they are using Jamf...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Adobe CC 2019 Deployment Issues

I've read through several of the discussion on deploying Adobe CC apps and all have been very informative. However, I'm still having issues getting them deployed. My end goal is to make each app available in Self Service. Our setup is a local SMB fil...  View more

• 9 replies
  • 0 kudos

Unable to FORCE 10.14.5.dmg Update.

Hello JAMF Nation, I could really use some assistance in FORCING the 10.14.5 update to my mac users, the problem is that I gave them the option in the first place to download it and install it. I opened the door for these users to never update despit...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

DEP Configuration Failing

I have an iPhone 6 that is passed around to people who travel on behalf of our school. I just received it back from someone and wiped it out. Now during the setup at the Remote Management screen, it says the configuration could not be downloaded. Can...  View more

• 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

Best major OS upgrade workflow for labs?

Greetings all, tl;dr: Can I do a major (Sierra or High Sierra to Mojave) macOS update on my student labs without having to click through screens on site. Longer, more Bruce-like version: We have a variety of specialty labs in what we call the Center ...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

iPad repairs

Hi We have just had an iPad that needed to be repaired.There were a lot of emails back and forth, between us and them.They were requesting that we remove the MDM profile off the iPad, and also to unregister it with DEP.It took a while to find out wha...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Mass iPad renaming

So I have been asked to do District wide numbering of iPads, we were doing site based prestages and naming but now the way they are being used we are going to a global naming convention, for example LCSD-IPa-0000 to LCSD-IPa-1400 I am wonder if there...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Nomad AD Privileged user

Hi all, We use NomAD to connect to our AD and create standard accounts for users on our Mac's. We do not join the mac's to Domain. I wanted to know if there a way of connecting our privileged accounts to auth installs etc without creating a local adm...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 1 kudos

Self service - not able to connect randomly

Is it only me that often has clients where the self service cannot connect ? see picture I have tried various commands and I can push commands to the client so it is connected to Jamf. And also changing to different network does not solve it Anyone h...  View more

52555093ab5644209d80e0dc66fecf3a
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Updating computer inventory Computer Names

I'm running a bash script to update the computer name of our Macs dynamically based on a combination of the current user and our standard PC naming convention. This updates the computer name successfully, I can see this is reflected within systems pr...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Catalina 10.15 Beta + Prestage Enrollment Error

I'm not sure if I should be too concerned with this issue as 10.15 is still beta, but enrolling a freshly installed 10.15 beta onto a MacBook Air produces a "Enrolling with managment server failed. The server certificate chain for your organization's...  View more

6cfa86252ef74782ab2a09ff0be112c1
  • 11 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors