Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.8.0 Beta is now available!

Hello Jamf Nation! The Jamf Pro 11.8.0 Beta Release features a number of exciting improvements and enhancements for managing your Apple devices. Starting with 11.8.0, Jamf Pro admins will be able to set a minimum OS for MacBooks, iPhones, and iPads t...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 6 kudos

Yo Notifications own pkg

Does anyone have a full proof solution of creating the yo app and changing the icon. I have followed this guide but does not seem to work. I have followed it in totality and then making my own changes to the maker file to strip everything out and jus...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Confusion on user-level config profiles

Pulling my hair out here…Can someone please explain to me user-level config profiles? Are they suppose to install on every user that logs into the computer? How should I scope them? All or Specific Computers? All or Specific Users? What if I scoped t...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 2 kudos

Sing into DEP LDAP Jamf admin

Hello, In our system we use DEP to enroll new mace The system is connected to LDAP Users enroll New devices using LDAP credentials After upgrading we find out that domain admin (added from LDAP account) are unable to enroll new devices (the authentic...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Script Lookup/Dynamic Parameters

Hey all, I see that when running scripts, the first three parameters ($1-$3) are mount point, computer name, and username. I also see that I could enter additional parameters when running the script. Can those parameters be a lookup/dynamic instead o...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

How to add pre JAMF devices

We are in the midst of getting JAMF completely configured to support our company's growth. Currently about 80% of our devices (laptops) were purchased pre-JAMF, so they are currently sitting as Unassigned in PreStage Enrollment Status. How can we enr...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Remove MDM profile from my MacBook

Hi, Can any one please help me out to remove MDM profile from my MacBook Air? I have bought used one MacBook Air, about 15 days before. When I have bought it it was fine. Then I have update it with new os version which was Catalina and when I was doi...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Self Service Mojave Error

Seeing a strange to me error. Sometimes the policy works, sometimes it doesn't. When it works, it just works. When it doesn't it sits at the screen "Please wait as we prepare your computer, blah blah". I took a look at install.log and this is what I ...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Force Self Service Mobile to reinstall on iOS

Hey there just had a quick question that I've tried looking around for without any luck. Right now I have my iPads locked down with a Homepage Restriction to set the Dock a certain way. Unfortunately this also makes it so you can't create folders and...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Jamf Pro 10.16.1 - Cloud Upgrade Schedule

Hi Jamf Nation, Today we are releasing Jamf Pro 10.16.1, a version that fixes an issue that prevented Jamf Pro 10.16.0 from communicating with Apple School Manager. Apple Business Manager was not affected by this issue. Standard Cloud customers will ...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 1 kudos

Jamf, DEP and TimeMachine

Hi, I'm wondering what will happen if i enroll a laptop and the first thing the user will do is restoring a TimeMachine backup. Will it leave the Jamf part alone or do we need to do a user-initiated enrollment afterwards? thanks!  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Going to 802.1x wifi - best practise ?

So we are going from normal WPA2 Enterprise wifi to 802.1x network.I have of course made a config profile with the new network and asked to autojoin. But other network on clients are typically also marked with "auto join" so when the config profile a...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

802.1x and Proxy during Enrollment

Hey Jamf Community, I'm reaching out to see if there is any possible solutions to an ongoing issue that we've had when enrolling devices on our corporate network. Our network uses Cisco ISE for 802.1x authentication which is Certificate based EAP-TLS...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Patch / do indeed to package apps?

In Patch the latest Chrome is 73. I have not used Patch before, and have scripts to download and install from the stable Branch. It would be nice however to have a visual representation of number of clients and their versions.  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Create backup image from Mac with T2 chip

We are not a big Mac shop so we can't have terminated user's machine laying around for 2 weeks+ in case the manager ask for data from terminated user's Mac. We were able to get around this by taking the full disk image using Disk Utility but this fea...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Cannot connect to iTunes Store

I'm trying to push apps out to an iPad and they are all coming back with the error "Cannot connect to iTunes Store". I know I have licenses for all the apps. My DEP connection is current. All of my VPP Accounts connections are current. When I go into...  View more

cbe3456c54e14632a5e449489d8d46d9
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Jamf Notification with Catalina

Hi, For the life of me I am not able to find out how to allow jamf management notifications on Catalina, For the self service ones I am able to use profile creator and create a notification profile as a banner for com.jamfsoftware.selfservice.mac how...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors