Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 9 kudos

Register Fingerprint on MacOS First Boot

Looking to see of there is a way to force this splash screen guiding users to register there fingerprint back up after a user has passed this screen and logged into there desktop. Any Ideas?  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Force users to use MAIDs on iPads

Is there a way to force users to use their MAIDs on supervised devices? Something happened to our student iPads and it is asking them all to re-authenticate. The issue is, we have their ability to modify accounts disabled to force them into their MAI...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

API - Get Applications

Working on a script right now to export JAMF info to an ITAM solution. So far I no issue pulling in any hardware info, since each has a unique name. I can't, however, figure out a way to grab the software. Here's the meat of the script: CI_type = 'Co...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Strange boot issue

Hello again folks. I'm having a strange problem on a large chunk of our High Sierra and Mojave Macs, and wondered if anybody else had seen anything similar. I'm still a relative newbie at troubleshooting this stuff, so apologies if any pertinent deta...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

What will happen if I delete a user on AD?

Noob question Hello, we have LDAP integration in our Jamf instance. If I delete a user in AD assuming that there's paid apps/configurations scoped out to this user. Will this un-scope everything assigned to the said user? Thanks  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Force incognito mode in Mac Google chrome

Has anybody figured out in current version Google Chrome how to enforce incognito mode (private mode)? As anybody knows in education, expecting students to log out of registration or instructional websites doesn't always happen and occasionally anoth...  View more

• 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

Limit ios to home screens only

Hi All, Is there a way where i can hide the the ios notification centre. We want to limit out store devices so they can only see the home screens. The notification centre is just something else we don't really need. Would be great to remove the entir...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Computer Usage Logs to Graylog

First time poster. Hopefully I'm doing this right. We are looking to implement Graylog in our environment (Mac/PC)To start, we are looking to just get logins and logouts. Is there a way to send Computer Usage Logs from Jamf Cloud to Graylog?Or, where...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 1 kudos

Jamf Check-In / Inventory Update Data Usage

Hello All, Does anybody have an idea of how much data check-in and inventory update use? We deployed to on-call phones and disabled data usage. Thinking of turning it on to see how much it uses, but we only have the basic 300mb plan for these devices...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Login Window: Name and Password Text Fields odd behavior:

I am just trying to set the login window to "name and password text fields" using a Config Profile, Login Window payload. We don't want to have a list of accounts in the login window but prefer the user to enter their user ID and PW. It seems to work...  View more

0ee02ef40fd44ea5a357b9713e416d59
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

RedGiant Plugins Usage

Hi Everyone, We use the Adobe products and some packs of plugins with it.We are using Red Giant Suites with a Floating license server where we can see which suite is in use.I need to know if there is a way to see in JAMF which suite is in use and how...  View more

687cccfc41aa46fe8a569cb4243e2f5f
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

ProfileCreator is now OpenSource

The creator of ProfileCreator has stopped any further development due to personal and professional reasons. You can read about it at: https://erikberglund.github.io/2019/Profile_Creator_Open_Source/ This was (and still is) a great tool. Are there any...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 3 kudos

FaceTime & iMessage with managed Apple ID

Hi Nation, does anyone know how to activate FaceTime and iMessage for our managed Apple ID in ABM?My searches are not successful at this time and maybe some of you have some experience with it.  View more

• 21 replies
  • 0 kudos

Recon stuck at "Gathering Sleep Password info"

I have no idea what this is or why it is a problem now. I am hoping that someone here may have seen this before. here are the results of recon scanMacBook-Pro-2:~ administrator$ sudo jamf recon -verbose verbose: Timeout: 10 verbose: Checking availabi...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

MUT v5 Beta! (Multiple Attributes + Prestages!!!)

MUT v5 Beta 2 ready for download! Well folks, you've asked and I've fought tooth and nail listened. MUT will now update multiple attributes at once. I will go into more detail below, but here's the tl;dr: Head out to GitHub to download Beta 2 here: h...  View more

8b3c6760d102481c9e37df2d75f9a0ec 485dffd239cd4db394b1b145360b25b4 1dcdd3bf5a4a4f668f8ff9d3f16a292d 5fb6ae5dc2a04ea780584317b7a740f1
  • 32 replies
  • 11 kudos

Antivirus/antimalware software response to Zoom issue?

I'm curious for those who use antivirus/antimalware products if you can let us know what kind of response there was recently to the Zoom issue. Which product did you have experience with?Did any action take place?What kind of action took place?How qu...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

FV2 Key Escrow Problem; Asking again after a few weeks

I used this process to rekey/ key escrow all my Macs on High Sierra and Mojave, and it seems to be working fine. https://github.com/homebysix/jss-filevault-reissue I am seeing some strange behavior, however. Someone told me they were asked to Rekey/E...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Bind to AD and use Nomad

I'm about to deploy a new lab and will bind the machines to AD so students can login with their accounts. With faculty and staff we use Nomad Login and Nomad for UnBound account creation and sync. I'm trying to figure out if there would be any advant...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Push commands to multiple devices simultaneously

Hey there! As an initial disclaimer, I've looked through the discussions before posting this question. If this topic has already been answered, please direct me to the answer and accept my apology for missing it. That being said, I am a novice when i...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Digital Guardian and disabling SIP

We are about to trial Digital Guardian as a POC but they want us to disable SIP on all devices. Which seems like a bad idea at best.. Currently we have Symantec DLP for our Windows users but it has never worked properly on Macs. We decided not to inf...  View more

• 18 replies
  • 1 kudos

com.microsoft.Outlook - Not working

I am getting crazy about this issue and simply cannot understand why it does not work In ~/Library/Preferences I have my com.microsoft.Outlook with the following DisableImport But the Import button still works. Also when I try and add other ou...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors