Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 9 kudos

Looking for help with Developer ID Certificates

Hello Everyone. I am hoping someone can help me here.. I am actually looking to hire someone for a few projects.1. To buy/ create new developer accounts with Developer ID Certificates for our apps2. Looking to buy already existing Developer Accounts ...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

1:1 iPad deployment method

Hello everyone, As of right now, we are in the process of becoming fully 1:1 with our iPads in our 5 elementary schools. My team and I are a little stumped on what the best method is as to physically handing out the devices for our 7th grade class. W...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

How to upgrade 4.2.1 > 5.0

Hi all! Is it possible to directly upgrade 4.2.1 to 5.0 with run installer? I have tried but webadmin layout was messed up and I am not sure what else under the hood. Maybe someone has a successful experience of upgrade NetSUS?  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Creating a mobile account at login - AD

Hello, Looking to have mobile accounts created at login when on-site so users can login locally at home before they connect to VPN etc. Any help would be appreciated :) What is the best way to achieve this?  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

802.1x and iOS

Hi All I am currently trying out user enrolment for personally owned devices. I have it setup that our students can logon with their AD username and password and download the profile I have created. 2 of the settings I have defined are WiFi which is ...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

history about computer they are already removed

Hello everyone, I'd like to know if jamf Pro has the possibility to retrace computer, if the clients are removed vom the mdm system. That means, to get a report to see all clients they are removed from jamf Pro in the last couple of days/ month/ year...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Mac device migration

Migrate macs to Jamf pro.we are planning to migrate/enroll 800 mac users(which are not at all managed) to Jamf pro in our environment. what would be the possible and suggested methods to migrate these macs and the precheck that has to be done for thi...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Non-AD NAS mounting?

What works best to get a drive to mount in a non ad environment. End goal being that the drive is available and just requires the user to use credentials to log into the first time. I dont want to push credentials as each user is mapped on the with s...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

JAMF is new, computers are not. Need to "Reimage"

We are a vocational school which uses a couple of Mac multimedia labs equipped with Adobe Creative Cloud. Now our Adobe licensing is changing as well as version updates. Plus I need to get everyone on Mojave and this is consistent with our department...  View more

• 21 replies
  • 0 kudos

msupdate script saying no updates applied

I run @pbowden 's update script with the changes for 2019 o365 apps and have a separate policy that updates MAU to the current version. What I'm finding is that a lot of devices are running the update but reporting No updates applied in the script lo...  View more

• 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

App Assignment Changes

I am new to JAMF and am setting things up. I have been working on app assignments and am about half way through when I was sent a change of classrooms for the coming year. So I have scoped apps by smart group set to building and room. Is there a quic...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 1 kudos

EA iCloud Sync is enabled - Mojave

The existing EAs I found are looking for /Users/$loggedInUser/Library/Mobile Documents/com~apple~CloudDocs/Desktop and /Users/$loggedInUser/Library/Mobile Documents/com~apple~CloudDocs/Documents. which does not seem to exist and therefore report 0 fo...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

App usage

Hi all, I am looking for a bit of help with in monitoring when/how many times at app is run on the Macs we manage. The application usage are showing me how long the app was open for but I'd like to be able to see a date and time stamp for each time t...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

DisplayLink 5.2 and macOS Mojave 10.14.6

Hi all, Just my observation of macOS Mojave 10.14.6 and the installation of DisplayLink 5.2. Mojave 10.14.6 is just been made available yesterday. DisplayLink 5.2 has been available since early July. I had previously installed DisplayLink 5.2 onto a ...  View more

• 9 replies
  • 1 kudos

Register Fingerprint on MacOS First Boot

Looking to see of there is a way to force this splash screen guiding users to register there fingerprint back up after a user has passed this screen and logged into there desktop. Any Ideas?  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Force users to use MAIDs on iPads

Is there a way to force users to use their MAIDs on supervised devices? Something happened to our student iPads and it is asking them all to re-authenticate. The issue is, we have their ability to modify accounts disabled to force them into their MAI...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

API - Get Applications

Working on a script right now to export JAMF info to an ITAM solution. So far I no issue pulling in any hardware info, since each has a unique name. I can't, however, figure out a way to grab the software. Here's the meat of the script: CI_type = 'Co...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Strange boot issue

Hello again folks. I'm having a strange problem on a large chunk of our High Sierra and Mojave Macs, and wondered if anybody else had seen anything similar. I'm still a relative newbie at troubleshooting this stuff, so apologies if any pertinent deta...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors