Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.4.0 Beta is now available

Hello Jamf Nation! This release is in support of the Apple Spring release. We have several exciting new features including beta MDM support for Apple Vision Pro, Self Service initial app detection, Support Digital Market Act app restriction, and more...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 1 kudos

Mac is bound to AD, but users cant log in

We have a fleet of over 850 Macs. 99% of them operate just fine when bound to AD. However, every couple of weeks one stops allowing AD users to log in. The machine shows as bound to AD and the computer record for it exists in AD but the command id so...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

How to upload files from Mac endpoints to JSS?

Does JAMF Pro offer any mechanism to upload files from Mac endpoints to the JSS? Requirement: A custom app running on our Mac endpoints generates multiple log files, which are packaged up in a zip file. The zip file then needs to be uploaded from the...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Backup Jamf MySQL database over SSL connection

When we moved our MySQL database to a separate server, we were required to enable communication over SSL and I noticed that the JSS Database Util doesn't have the ability to backup the database anymore... I wrote a custom script that runs from our ma...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Is Mojave GM yet?

So after the last Apple event I was expecting to see Mojave go GM since iOS 12 went GM, and Apple TV went GM. But it was update on 9/12 with beta 11. I thought they might be cutting it kind of close at this time. So today I was working on setting up ...  View more

cc28186c16e847ef8a6befb10610ca9d 208ac2874b724fe7b84b1aec709ff301
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

DEP PreStage Enrollment Issue...

Anyone else seeing the following behaviour?? Device added to prestage Imaging. I've set a management account and a second admin account: Fine! The device gets through the splash screens, displays the " xxx will now configure your mac etc." then asks ...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Personal Mac enrolled in Jamf with no admin required

A user at my company managed to enrol him Mac in Jamf with no admin access or JSS access?? He said he was asked by Outlook to enrol his device but it told him enrolment failed and his emails stopped syncing. Intune/company portal isn't working correc...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Jamf Logs

Hello Everyone, Where can I find in the JAMF logs a SMART Group removed from a Configuration Profile? We had an occurrence where a SMART Group was removed from the Configuration Profile applying restrictions. Where can we find the log? Thank you in a...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

API changes between 10.6.2 and 10.7.1

Is anyone noticing their API scripts breaking with 10.7.1? We have a ticket open with Jamf to review our scripts. Pretty sure they'll just need some tweaks, but thought I'd post here. What are you all experiencing in terms of API after the upgrade.  View more

• 0 replies
  • 1 kudos

NoMAD Login+ and NoMAD Pro Jamf Extension Attributes

I like to automate "All The Things". In order to do that, certain pieces of data need to be collected so as to make informed, logical decisions. Part of my NoMAD rollout requires me to streamline my deployment process. In order to do that, I need to ...  View more

c8479d56145d4f39b5c8eaeb5fd92e65
  • 13 replies
  • 11 kudos

HTTP Load Balancer for Jamf JSS Pro

We are at the point where JAMF has told us to implement a load balancer for our JSS Pro system. (We already have 2 JSS's in a cluster with a separate MySQL DB) Anyone have any suggestions? Does anyone have any directions with setting up a load balanc...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

The MUT - Lagging sometimes during Asset tag addition?

New Jamf customer, & we have a hosted Jamf instance. Just curious if anyone has experienced lagging some times when using the MUT. I am attempting to add Asset tags to ~12000 iPads. I have experienced - on a couple of runs - success times around 2 to...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

0 of 0 Partitions Encrypted

I have a small handful of systems in our environment there are reporting 0 of 0 Partitions Encrypted Below are some points about our FV2 environment: Systems are actually encrypted, but reporting the 0 of 0 partitions encrypted itemIndividual keys ar...  View more

e873a7aecbde4f72bea6805a28c97a12
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

MDM Profile removable in iOS 12

After DEP enrollment of some iOS 12 devices (Manually using Apple Configurator) and then adding in ASM and eventually JAMF pre-enrollment, it seems any end user can remove the MDM profile.Once set up, JAMF cloud shows the MDM Profile Removable as "No...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Scripting help - get SecureToken status

I am trying to write a script to report back an extension attribute on SecureToken status. Background - we push out a default admin account (aka "admin") during DEP enrollment. DEP prompts for creation of a user through the GUI and our frontline tech...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

MAU 4.3 command line issues

I've been trying to get MSUPDATE 4.3 working via command line. I should mention that I had all kinds of issues with MAU 4.1 and 4.2 as well. After trying @pbowden's script and not having any luck, I thought I would just simplify things and just use t...  View more

• 50 replies
  • 0 kudos

iOS App Management Status Stuck Installing

Hey! For one of our apps, Flipgrid, whenever some students try to install it from Self Service, the button spins for a second and then goes right back to saying "install". In their device record I see Flipgrid under their installed apps but the Manag...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Jamf vs Airwatch for iOS device management

we are considering moving to JAMF to manage our iOS devices. We are just looking for Unified solution with our move to the cloud. Does anyone have experience managing iOS devices in JAMF Pro Cloud? One thing I love about AW is able to download APP fo...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Jamf Pro 10.7.1 Cloud Upgrade Schedule

Hi Jamf Nation, Jamf Pro 10.7.1 is live! A brief overview of the update is below along with the cloud upgrade schedule. Check out the release notes for more detail. Sound off below if you have any questions. Enjoy! Hosted Data Regionap-southeast-2 Se...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

This Apple ID cannot be used to make purchases

Hi everyone, Today i have this error "This Apple ID cannot be used to make purchases" when installing vpp apps on few iPads. All apps are concerned.It's device based and iPads are on iOS 12 (fresh DFU recovered) with managed apple ids.Nothing relevan...  View more

2f648fb0265a447abc0bc2ebfe2b1e90
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Shutting down Macs running 10.13

Ever since I've started upgrading Macs running High Sierra, I have noticed that each and every one of them is extremely reluctant to shut down or restart. I get as far as the black screen with the spinning gear and that's it. I end up forcing the com...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Office 365 Mail SMTP Connection

Hi all, Bit of an odd one: I'm attempting to configure Office 365 Mail for a client (configured with the usual IMAP/SMTP settings) via a device profile and, if I hard-code the password into the profile, everything works fine. If I leave it blank so t...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Setting up FileVault -> Confused

Hello, I want to automate the process of FileVault -> activation with the local admin account -> adding the user While searching for ideas here at Jamf Nation I got pretty confused. Most threads are for example about generating a private key and soun...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Setting password duty - IOS

Hello, how do I set a password duty for phones. I found the passcode are in devices. So if I activate it does it mean the user has to set a password? What happens to users without a password or with a different length? Do the get a message to change ...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors