Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.4.0 Beta is now available

Hello Jamf Nation! This release is in support of the Apple Spring release. We have several exciting new features including beta MDM support for Apple Vision Pro, Self Service initial app detection, Support Digital Market Act app restriction, and more...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 1 kudos

Lab Computers

We seem to have a problem with students logging in to their email and then clicking the red X instead of quitting Safari. Then the next student sits down and gets into the previous students email. Other then hoping the students learn to quit instead ...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

SCEP install issue

We have been using SCEP on our Macs since 2012. I needed to update the client to the current version so I created a new dmg with Composer. The software will push fine but won't run. I tried on a Mac that did not have the old version of SCEP and I tri...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Install/update VLC

@dan.kubley this is a similar script to yours I wrote, but allows me to get the latest version. Hope it helps #!/bin/bash # script to update vlc find /Volumes -type d -name *vlc* -maxdepth 1 -exec hdiutil detach -quiet {} ; if [[ -e "/tmp/vlc.dmg" ]]...  View more

• 13 replies
  • 3 kudos

Rebuilding network interfaces

I am looking for a better method of rebuilding network interface. Is it possible to scan what devices are plugged in and re-add them? My script seems to go back to default. If a user, for instance, has a thunderbolt dock plugged in then it will be di...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Distributing multiple standalone licenses

Hi,We recently purchased about 100 rhino licenses for macOS. Is there a way to assign a 1:1 for a specific group of users? If this software was available for purchase via vpp this would be a lot easier. I've looked at the licensed software option but...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Doubled Jamfnation email notifications

I remember seeing this happening a couple years ago but it seemed to get resolved. It's back again. For the past month or so I've been getting doubled email notifications from JAMFnation. Is anyone else seeing that too?  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Kick-of policy through LaunchAgent?

I have an enrollment script that does a lot of behind-the-scenes system configurations, installations, etc, but I'm having a timing issue with DEP and the Enrollment Complete trigger. I would like to create a LaunchAgent that kicks off the policy on ...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Device registration without DEP

Hi, in my company we using JAMF without DEP so far. Before we start with JAMF we used AirWatch for roundabout 20 machines, with DEP. Some months ago we deleted the AirWatch MDM from our DEP-Account and setup all the 20 Machines with JAMF. 1 of these ...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

JNUC 2017 Early Bird Rate Expiring

Hello Jamf Nation, It’s hard to believe that we are 3 ½ months away from the Jamf Nation User Conference (JNUC). I’m writing to make sure you are aware that our $599 Early Bird pricing ($499 for education customers) is coming to an end, and to encour...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

What facilitates package removal in Jamf Pro?

Hey all, I've used JAMF's built in uninstall option (indexing package in Casper Admin <> selecting Allow package to be uninstalled) but does anyone know how JAMF actually facilitates the uninstall? Is it just looking at the BOM in /private/var/db/rec...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

What facilitates package removal in Jamf Pro?

Hey all, I've used JAMF's built in uninstall option (indexing package in Casper Admin <> selecting Allow package to be uninstalled) but does anyone know how JAMF actually facilitates the uninstall? Is it just looking at the BOM in /private/var/db/rec...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

script to prompt for computer names

We have an osa script that prompts for the machine names (country, location, asset tag, etc), then combines the entries to the machine name. it works fine as a self service script individually or through our DEP process (again a SS workflow). However...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Adobe Reader DC fails to upgrade

I'm trying to install the latest version of Reader DC on my macs. I have tried deploying Adobe Reader DC.pkg (version 1700920044) to all the macs with a script that will download the pkg to tmp and then use "Installer -pkg $file -target /" This works...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Innovative Mac Project Suggestions

Hello, My company is beginning its 2018 Project wishlist and I already have completed or have planned most of the standard projects which come to mind (DEP, Binding Cloud JSS to internal LDAP, etc.). I have heard of other innovative projects which ca...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Checking if file exist with Jamf script (ROOT)

Hey guys.I tried everything in Jamf nation and other sites.I couldn't find any solution for my problem.I'm trying to write a script that test the file existence and if its true he should do the A if not he should do B.The problem is that nothing work...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

ability to keep machine in static group after reimaging?

I'm trying to test some different DEP workflows, and I created a static group that I apply the policies and workflows to. The problem is that after I re-image the machine, it drops out of the static group and I tend to forget to put them back in. Is ...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Logic Pro X - Skipping download prompt for new user

Hi All, I'm deploying Logic Pro X in a multi user environment (AD bound Macs) for the first time, and am wondering how to make the experience as smooth as possible when a new user logs in for the first time. I think I'm fine deploying the additional ...  View more

• 14 replies
  • 0 kudos

How-to disable "Create new account"

Gents, We have the following situation in our macOS environment. The user is using a macbook, on the macbook are the following accounts pre-defined- local administrator account that is only available for IT Support staff.- The user his personal accou...  View more

b82d4f9a2af74a8381eedbf2bed5f10f
  • 9 replies
  • 1 kudos

Script/Policy/Config to add users to sudoers file?

Does anybody have a script that can be run on a network account, to automatically add it to the sudoers file? We have several developers that will need to work with some code and use some sudo commands, that we do not want to have Admin access I'm aw...  View more

• 15 replies
  • 0 kudos

Apple Software Update Server on Windows

Can I have an internal Apple Software Update Server hosted on Windows Server 2012? Is there reporting available in Apple software update server so I may generate reports such as which clients are updated and which are not?  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Activesync vs passcode config

Hey guys, is the passcode policy JAMF provides for IOS devices complementery or a replacement for the activesync policy? This is on exchange 2013. Thanks in advance, Rob  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Casper Admin quits when replicating AdobeCC pkgs

Hello. Has anyone else experienced Casper Admin (v9.98) unexpectedly quitting when replicating Adobe CC pkgs? I have tried replicating to two different servers and the replication will quit out at some point when replicating Adobe pkgs. Replication p...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Anyone deploying Polycom RealPresence Desktop?

There are two versions of the installer available for download from: http://support.polycom.com/content/support/North_America/USA/en/support/video/realpresence_desktop/realpresence_desktop.html Version 3.7 for Mac OS X (individual installation) and P...  View more

abf85ac482cb44cdb82b7173edbb6953
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Citrix Receiver Accounts

Is anyone setting up Citrix Receiver so that the accounts list is pre-populated? We're not on Storefront yet, but I noticed when you manually add an account it gets added to ~/Library/Preferences/com.citrix.ReceiverFTU.AccountRecords.plist But I have...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors