Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 4 kudos

Papercut Deployment for Mac's not using AD

I have a customer who is running Papercut with users logging in with generic credentials to their macs. For authentication, they need to run the papercut pop up client as well as connect to a windows share for printing via windows printers via spools...  View more

• 17 replies
  • 0 kudos

802.1x authentication with AD accounts

Hi there, I have a set of Macs that connect to ethernet with 802.1x with certificates but always shows 'network accounts not available' at the logon screen. I need to logon to an AD mobile account that isn't cached. When at the logon screen it would ...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Dockingstation needed for MacBook Pro 2017

Hello guys, at the moment I am searching for a dockingstation for the latest MacBook Pro that supports two external displays (1080p), gigabit ethernet and some USB ports.I have figured out that I need a thunderbolt dockingstation for the use of two e...  View more

• 18 replies
  • 0 kudos

EA via curl put

I am trying to get this curl statement to work with the backend API. I have not been able to figure out why it is not writing to the EA. The other question is has anyone done this with SSO in place using the JSS failover. #!/bin/sh echo "${ea_name}${...  View more

• 15 replies
  • 0 kudos

Deploy homebrew

I'm looking for advice on getting homebrew on new employee machines automatically. We have a work flow we would like to keep to as few clicks as possible. I am trying to get the process of pulling down XCode CLI, installing homebrew, adding cask, and...  View more

• 62 replies
  • 4 kudos

File Vaulting

Hello there, We have configured File Vault 2 as a policy and scoped it to users, and we have noticed that Turn off file vault option is available for them. We have created a configuration profile and which does the job and disable the option of disab...  View more

e138619086b84df894c1b9c5f9149366
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Okta SSO for JSS, Enrollment & Self Service

Hello there, We have configured Okta SSO for Admins to login JSS, also we have linked enrollment & Self Service as well. However, we don't want to show JSS as an icon for all the users in their Okta home page but only to the admins and everyone's aut...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Login Window/Banner

Hello Everyone, We are trying to set up a Login Banner for all our Mac's using JAMF as per our legal team advice, whats the maximum characters can be added here? Thanks,Ismail Mohideen  View more

5a3966104046406e830b2d9423646722
  • 10 replies
  • 1 kudos

Packaging .app with appropriate permissions

I'm trying to deploy Cisco Spark but am running into permission errors. I've tried using Composer, and dragging and dropping the .app into Composer and packaging as a dmg. If I set the permission to root/admin with 755, at every launch it tells me I ...  View more

• 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

Recon-Stuck on "Checking AD Status

Hello all, Wondering if any of you have run into this issue before.Have about 200 Macs on two domains, recently I have had some issues with the logout policy enforcement of about <50 Macs. Running Recon -verbose on a test system with similar experien...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

DeployStudio Boot USB based on 10.12.6

This isn't really JAMF related, but I see other threads related to Deploystudio so I thought I might ask this here to see if anybody has insight to share. I am trying to make a new Image set for our Macs based on 10.12.6. We have a few 2017 Macs that...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Uninstalling Adobe Creative Cloud 2014

I need to uninstall Adobe 2014 and install Adobe 2017 on multiple machine. I am having problems uninstalling Adobe 2014. I have tried the Adobe Package software, but had no luck. Is there a script or efficient way to uninstall Adobe 2014?  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Scripts, "Could Not Download" to cache when imaging

Good day everyone, It seems that when I image with casper the scripts that I setup to run right after are not downloading to the cache. Below is a partial log from one systems. Any idea? Has anyone had this happen? I run a Casper Remote session to ru...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

How do perform Find My iPhone/iPad?

Recently, my organisation had experienced theft of their property on site - an iPad was stolen. In the JAMF dashboard you can see the iPad has been wiped several times and on each occasion it would pull down our MDM profile and all apps that have bee...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

DEP Testing Workflows

I've not found a lot of workflows to rerun through the DEP process but I've found a number of folks that seem to want to run through DEP again quickly. I'm sharing our methods for re-running DEP without re-imaging the computer completely. We've found...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 2 kudos

Computers falling out of management

Hello Everyone, I am pulling what little hair I have left, out. Yesterday, we had maybe 2 Macs that weren't managed. No biggie as we haven't touched these two. This morning, I came in to find over 210 unmanaged Macs!! That's almost 20% of our Macs in...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Digital Signage

How are you guys using AppleTVs at your various facilities? What are the displays like? What information are you hosting?  View more

• 8 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors