Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 4 kudos

Printer Queue

Hi All, What do you use for printer queues in your businesses? We have a few products that could do the task but wondering what the standard is that most of you use. Or do you all do local printing? Thanks!  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

custom .dmg image and OS X USB installation

Dear Experts, I have already created .dmg image from new custom ElCapitan including all printers, software, etc. I am trying to make boo table USB like the one with El Capitan but instead of using my custom .dmg image. I use disk imager 5 with clean ...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

JSS User Groups, Standard and LDAP

Is there a way (or a feature request) to add an LDAP group as a member in a standard group? Our organization would love to have AD set tech groups that then get scoped to multiple Standard Groups that have site access. Example:-AD Groups: 'Silver' ha...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Adding Additional Management Account for SSH Use

We have a standard management account that we use which is deployed during imaging and at enrollment. A request has been brought forth to add a second management account. The Local Accounts and Management Accounts payloads do not seem to have this fe...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

JSS Mac Server System Requirements?

As we gain more and more devices (Macs and iOS devices), I'm wondering how many devices it will take until we need something more beefy to run Casper. Currently, were running on a 2012 Mac mini with 1TB Flash, and 16GB of RAM (maxed out). I think I'm...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Upgraded JSS to 9.9.2, can no longer self enroll

Hi, I upgraded my JSS to 9.9.2 and now I can no longer successfully enroll computers. The quickadd package downloads but during install it hangs on "Running package scripts". This is happening on freshly reimaged machines, multiple hardware types. Is...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Hard drives filling up due to amount of user accounts

I have carts of MacBook Airs that get heavy use and their hard drives are filling up stating "Startup disk is almost full". I was previously combating a similar issue using a logout hook and removing all accounts and private/var/folders/ contents. Al...  View more

• 9 replies
  • 0 kudos

Dockutil not working on first login

Good Morning or Afternoon I am using Dockutil for my lab computers. Here is a portion of my dockutil script #!/bin/bashsudo -u $3 /usr/local/sbin/dockutil --remove 'Mail' --allhomessudo -u $3 /usr/local/sbin/dockutil --remove 'Launchpad' --allhomessu...  View more

• 15 replies
  • 0 kudos

Upgrade Garageband, Sound Library missing

I was asked to upgrade Garageband in our iMacs in the Lab from 10.0.1 to 10.1.2. As the first time I do this upgrade (Garageband is part of the image when we deploy them to the iMacs) but in this instance it's necessary to upgrade Garageband without ...  View more

• 14 replies
  • 0 kudos

how to remove adware Spigot

I've been monitoring that some of our users installed with Spigot, i can only do a script to delete the spigot folder and plist file from jSS. How can we prevent ppl from installing this adware and uninstall it completely, as well as the extensions o...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Setting up a test JSS instance

I've read through some other discussions with setting up personal JSS's and I've set up some QA JSS instances on premise at work using a Mac mini and their DNS. But being remote and having a few macs here (not personal) on my home network to test wit...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Restrict all policies from a computer

Hello everyone, We have a couple computers that are enrolled in JAMF, but we want to make sure they never get any packages or certificates pushed to them. We like the reporting that JSS gives us, especially with the inventory / IP for remote services...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Java 1.6 compatibility

Hey everyone, Quick note regarding some changes with respect to our support for Java. Java 1.6 (Java 6) has been deprecated in the Casper Suite for several versions, and by Oracle for much longer. The upcoming v9.93 release of the Casper Suite will b...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Smart Group Erratic Behavior (Bug?)

So we found a potentially weird bug in our JSS. We had an extension attribute that gathered the host name of a system (instead of the standard Computer Name field). There was then a Smart Group scoped to that EA to automatically perform some tasks. F...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

BYOD and monitoring

Hi everyone, my school district is just starting BYOD and we are having an IT debate about how best to manage our wireless users. One staff member wants to have BYOD devices renamed so he can use DHCP and DNS to find trouble devices and I guess manag...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Auto Logout configuration profile not working ?????

running iMacs with 10.11.5 , and JSS is 9.81. created a configuration profile to auto logout users after 10 minutes of inactivity and after 12 minutes to do a screen saver. Using just the Login Window payload I login and set a timer for 10 minutes an...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Comprehensive SSID purging from Macs

Related to this discussion https://jamfnation.jamfsoftware.com/discussion.html?id=19092 but a little more specific to our needs: We have our company WiFi that is joined by 802.1x and AD certificates via Configuration Policy pushed by JSS. Many laptop...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 1 kudos

Intermittent Policy application

I have a baffling problem with a Profile I recently set up to turn on the mouse right-click function for the Macs in an estate I'm managing for a customer. I created a Policy to run the following command: defaults write /Users/$USER/Library/Preferenc...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Casper Imaging cant restore due to insufficient disk space?

Hello all, Recently we deployed a school with JAMF software. We've been busy creating images to deploy with casper imaging. In this case we setup a single upgraded MacBook Pro with SSD with some default software, and created a image using disk utilit...  View more

cd8fc20f5f4a49d09ea7d2c2e53a2c23
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

is already scheduled for management.

Hi, I am trying to deploy some apps to our school iPads however one iPad keeps spitting: "app* is already scheduled for management." This has been happening for a week. Is there any fix?  View more

• 55 replies
  • 0 kudos

DEP not installing Framework

We are on 9.91 with windows servers and we have played with DEP before, but are now looking at using it more heavily. When I boot up a DEP Enrolled client and go through the enrollment process it installs the MDM profile just fine but does not instal...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Recon 9.92 Crashes during enrollment

Updated to the 9.92 version of Casper Suite and when enrolling a system Recon crashes, I have uninstalled and reinstalled the Suite with the same results. Below is the Problem Report any help would be greatly appreciated. Process: Recon [44522]Path: ...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Apple TV JSS Dashboard Application

Hey Admins! If I were to create an Open Source JSS Dashboard application for the new Apple TV, what important information would you like displayed on it? Looking for all sorts of ideas! Any data that can be retrieved through the API is fair game!  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors