Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 9 kudos

Self Service QuickLinks

rather than hijacking the previous thread - https://jamfnation.jamfsoftware.com/discussion.html?id=5712 - I figured I would create a new one. I think there's some potential for it, and I wasn't aware it even existed (shame on me for not reading the J...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Quick Managed Preferences (MCX) question

Hi all,Is a managed preference executed if it appears in the /Library/Managed Preferences folder? Or does it need to appear in this folder as well as update the plist that the managed preference is supposed to address. For example, I am using managed...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Network Link Conditioner Preference Pane

This isn't strictly a Casper related question but I hope there might be a Casper related solution! So here goes. We have a couple of developers using the latest Xcode who want to use the Network Link Conditioner tool. The problem is they have standar...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Optimize JSS

I wonder if someone has a set of guidelines to optimize the performance of JSS. I've seen hints about making Tomcat use more RAM, or having MySQL use bigger packet sizes, but I wonder if there's other performance tweaks out there. I can understand ho...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Capture 1 Pro display SN

Not sure why, but I can't seem to figure out how to display the SN in the inventory list. I set the search to display it, but it shows all of our SNs, but not which machine is using which #. Is it possible to display the SN next to each machine that ...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

#JNUC #K12UserGroup

Please feel free to throw you email here and we can create some kind of user group. Great discussions we had to today. Look forward to more. Ryan Witt  View more

• 9 replies
  • 0 kudos

#jnuc over overtime available!

If you are attending #JNUC and want more overtime with a cca, cma, cja, acsa to discuss anything let me know I am happy to help!Tweet @matt4836 or find me wearing a bright Jss(1.0) green shirt.  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

JSS Server and Java 2012-006

I would like to update Java on my JSS server to try to solve some memory leak issues that I am having, but I have been afraid to because of all of the issues associated with the new Java updates. My server is running 10.7.5 currently and I was wonder...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

SCCM 2012

How does the feature set in the Jamf plug-in compare with the features in SCCM 2012 Service Pack 1?  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Network Service spontaneous rename

Nasty one. At our site sometimes when we first image/recon a computer it sometimes screws up the names of all the Network Services. (e.g. Ethernet becomes Wi-Fi) This only persists as far as a reboot ... that so far i've seen. Anyone have similar exp...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Creating images with Self-Service installed

Hi there, I'd like to know how can I create an image to be deployed on students and staff computers with Self-Service installed on that. I'm asking that because we usually send the image to Apple so when getting the new MacBooks, they are already set...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Quick add package

I am new to jamf nation and casper suite and i would like to know how to create a quick add package. Can anyone help me do this. Thanks in advance.  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Netboot across subnets with newer Macs

I was glad to hear that I wasn’t the only person at JNUC who was having trouble netbooting over subnets with new Apple machines! In order to netboot over subnets PREVOUS to Lion Internet Recovery being enabled on a mac, simply use the bless command (...  View more

• 34 replies
  • 0 kudos

#JNUC - Mass iOS Deployment

When: Thursday at 1:00 p.m.Where: Wurtele Thrust Stage If you're getting ready to deploy iOS or just looking for ways to improve an existing workflow, this is the spot to be! Join us for Charles Edge's presentation on best practices for large scale i...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

2x Slash's in MDM Sever is this normal

I have 2 Slash's in MDM Enrollment profile is this normal? external image link Server Version 8.6I have to use the quick add 8.62 version to even get the MDM profile after imaging Takes ages to get Profiles sometimes i don't get them at all..  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Installing Flash Player updates via Casper

I've never had issues installing Flash updates prior to this (using the Adobe Flash Player.pkg located inside the Adobe download) but I'm getting errors on test machines like: Installer: Install failed: The Installer encountered an error that caused ...  View more

• 50 replies
  • 0 kudos

Self Service bookmarks

In a presentation yesterday someone quickly demonstrated Self Service and had bookmarks down the left column. How do you do that? I believe they said it is available on 8.6+ so we should be good...I just don't recall seeing that in my daily use of th...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

JSS Client installation problem - help?

I'm trying to set up a new client server on our cluster - until now it's been a simple parent/child setup, but I'm adding several child servers, this one being the first. Trying to install the JSS on the new server, it's refusing to accept the MySQL ...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

JNUC: K12 iPads in Education Meet-Up

I've enjoyed chatting with many of you during the last two days about iPads in education. Thought it would be fun to have a round table discussion and chat about deploying and managing iPads in K12 institutions in an informal setting. Lets meet for c...  View more

• 13 replies
  • 0 kudos

AD Users "Desktop" Home folder

In Mountain Lion, when an AD User logs in their home folder appears in the dock and on the desktop. The home folder on the desktop is the actual volume where their home folder lives, so they see more than we want them to. How can I just make that "De...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors