Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 4 kudos

#JNUC: Extension Attributes in Sheep's Clothing

Arek Sokol will be covering, Extension Attributes in Sheeps clothing, Wednesday, October 24 10:15-11:30 in the Dowling Studio. This session will give you a new perspective or two on Extension Attributes, including real-world examples for leveraging t...  View more

• 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

#JNUC: An Introduction to the NetBoot/SUS Appliance

Come join us if you've been thinking about implementing the NetBoot/SUS Appliance and would like to know if this is the right approach for your organization. This session is scheduled for Thursday, October 25 10:15-11:30 in the Nelson Classroom. In t...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Casper and Managed Services Companies

I am looking to connect with other people at the National Users Conference who use Casper to manage unique companies as part of their Managed Service offerings. FirstTech is located in Minneapolis, MN. I am the Service and Support Manager. We use Cas...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

#JNUC - Maintain Your Sanity with Self Service

Self Service is an incredibly powerful tool for IT. By leveraging your users to perform common tasks, we can focus our time on the more important things that need to get done every day. Join us Thursday afternoon, 2:15pm at the McGuire Proscenium Sta...  View more

• 11 replies
  • 0 kudos

Get user names from inventory

We have some machines showing up in our inventory. If I click an individual machine and navigate to "local user accounts" I see all the accounts but how do you get that information into a report? When you click on the "view results as" at the bottom ...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

How to deploy a file to every user's folder

I've been having much success with this and thought I would share it since it took me awhile to work through. I create a policy which first delivers one copy of the file to a central location on the Mac (in this case, a folder named /TEMP). Setting u...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

#JNUC - Using the Casper Suite at Axel Springer

Join us at 9:00 a.m. on Thursday for a presentation on how the Casper Suite is used at Axel Springer, one of the largest media companies in Europe. Jen Ahrens will present on how they use the Casper Suite APIs with Spider, allowing Axel Springer to m...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

#JNUC: Distributing Distribution Points

Chad Nielsen and Will Pierce will be our panel for this session on Thursday, Oct 25 at 9:00am.McGuire Proscenium Stage (Level 4) For everyone who will be in the audience (and everyone who would like to but can't make it), let's use this thread to col...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

JSS Change Management Log

Is there a way to tell who deleted a Casper Admin config from the JSS 8.6 server? I am looking for a log file that would document what was deleted and by whom. Thanks!  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

imaging/re-imaging..

We're currently looking at how our base images (OS, Software Updates) are being created due to the problem we're having ensuring all pertinent drivers are included for any given model. Up to this point, I've been installing the official releases to a...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

#JNUC Thin Imaging: A Healthier Approach?

Jeremy Borger and Tim Rocque will be presenting on their implementation of "Thin Imaging" within a Fortune 50 enterprise. Jeremy and Tim will talk about how and why their organization has chosen to take this approach, pros and cons of this approach, ...  View more

• 15 replies
  • 0 kudos

OS X Power User

I was looking for a graceful solution to add non-admin users to lpadmin so they can setup printers. In researching this on JAMF Nation, I also found this to be related to editing etc/authorization to allow non-admin users to edit certain admin only s...  View more

• 10 replies
  • 0 kudos

Repairs Input Box

Not sure if this can be done yet or I have to put this as a feature request. We are a school district with about 2300 computer our kids in grades 4-12 take them home right now we a tracking repairs through a File Maker database and we are having to t...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Script to Run at Login 1x Per user, Per machine

Hey Guys, Im doing it all wrong again (or must be) I have setup a policy to run once per user at login to run the below script. It works for say me when i login to my own pc, However when I login to another pc it does not run as I think the policy th...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Java for OS X 2012-005

Does anyone have a copy of Java for OS X 2012-005 on their ASUS that they could send my way? We use a legacy enterprise web application that is dependent on Java 6, and with the release of Java 2012-006 computers running 10.7 and 10.8 are unable to a...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

#JNUC Script Dojo: Bigger, Better, Faster, More!

Miles Leacy and Tom Larkin will be presenting this session on Wednesday, Oct 24 at 1:00 pm. Nelson Classroom (level 8) This session is intended for administrators that are already familiar with the basics of bash scripting and would like to add some ...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Policy action sequence

What is the sequence of actions within a policy? If I select to install a package and run a script and execute a command all in the same policy, which order do they fire in?  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

#JNUC : Deployment Strategies for OS X Mountain Lion

Matt Schalk and I are excited to discuss multiple deployment strategies for OS X Mountain Lion! The session will be held Wednesday, October 24 at 1:00 PM at the Wurtele Thrust Stage. Throughout the session we will reference a couple of different reso...  View more

• 12 replies
  • 0 kudos

Software Update via CLI and friendly names

I want to create a Self Serve item that will then list the available software updates with the friendly name like you'd get from the GUI, not the ugly output you get from the command line; even though I'll have to call the command line version to gre...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors