Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.4.0 Beta is now available

Hello Jamf Nation! This release is in support of the Apple Spring release. We have several exciting new features including beta MDM support for Apple Vision Pro, Self Service initial app detection, Support Digital Market Act app restriction, and more...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 1 kudos

AAMEE 2.1 packages fail to install on boot

Hi all- I've been having trouble with the new version of the AAMEE tool. I can make packages and that is super easy. When I upload them to my CasperShare, they will install with remote just fine, but don't install the the boot volume at imaging time....  View more

• 13 replies
  • 0 kudos

mount fails when run as sudo

Hi list, I feel like a complete idiot that I have to ask about this, but that's the reality of this Friday afternoon! :)I'm working on a script to automatically backup Sophos Safeguard's kernel and authentication information after a machine has been ...  View more

• 11 replies
  • 0 kudos

Managed Preferences and Admins

I have setup Managed Preferences in Casper. When I login with a local Admin account it get managed. How can I prevent local Admins form getting Managed by Managed Preferences in Casper with LION Macs? Jade  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Possible to target Network Subnets?

We defined a bunch of Network Segments in JSS. Unless I'm missing something glaringly obvious, and I look through the "Managing Network Segments" section of the JSS Administrator's guide, there doesn't seem to be a way to target these newly defined s...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Bash Script help

Hi all, I'm getting confused with Login Hooks (either OS X or Casper's), Schedule Tasks or LaunchD item.Need to make a script that will remove ~/Library/Preferences/extensis.plist from every user on a Mac once a month, every month at 9am.I've been at...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Unlock Lion Screensaver as admin

Back in 10.6 I had to edit the /private/etc/pam.d/screensaver file so thatadmins could unlock the screen saver if a user wasn't there (even if theuser was an admin). The problem with lion is that there doesn't seem to bea way to do this with the new ...  View more

• 10 replies
  • 0 kudos

PreStage Error?

I'm attempting to build a new PreStage for some MacBooks we're trying toget out to our students. Everything seems to go well until I try to add ascript. When I try to do that, I get an error from the JSS that states: *Internal Server Error**An error ...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

10.7 images on JSS on 10.6.8?

While troubleshooting our Lion+CS5 issue, the question came up 'are we sureour it's not our Lion Image."? We also know that we've tried to simply drop the InstallESD.dmg in ourcasper admin and tell it's a Mac OS X installer in the past and had no luc...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

PGP Whole Disk

Has anyone deployed PGP using casper? I have deployed the install but when it launches the first time the licensing is not there and asks the user for a license.  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

CS5 + Lion at Imaging

we're realizing that we have an issue with our CS5 package and our Lionimage. Until now, we've been experimenting with just the base OS of Lion. We thinkwe got that down.And our CS5 package works well enough with SL.And it seems to work if we image a...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

mailMAX Encryption: Message

You have received a mailMAX encrypted message from: Matt Clemens To read this message securely, please click this link: https://encrypt.trustwave.com/b/b.e?r=casper%40list.jamfsoftware.com&n=p9r5Cz5QsR1bkmerUHscdw%3D%3D  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Casper Trial - South Island School

Sweet, thanks for sharing your evaluation code with the list! Now I can avoid paying for Casper for another month :) Kidding. Still, you should probably try to keep those eval codes to yourself… -- Andrew CunninghamInformation Systems Analyst (Mac gu...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Has anyone got this working on Lion

Hey guys, want my non admin users (students getting laptops) to use Time Machine and followed this post here http://macmule.com/2010/11/18/unlock-each-secure-system-preference-allow-all-users-to-unlock/ Script #!/bin/bash#Backup the original authoriz...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Detecting FDE / Reporting Status (all brands)

There are a few scripts in the Resource Kit that provide Extension Attributes for CheckPoint FDE, PGP and SecureDoc. Has anyone written a combined script that reports the brand of FDE employed and its status? Kudos to Casper for already including Lio...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Casper 8.31 and OS X 10.4

Have people who are still supporting 10.4 machines moved up to 8.31, andif so, have you had any problems? Jamf doesn't list 10.4 support anymorein the release notes for 8.31 and they can't guarantee that it works. I've tested the Imaging app on a 10....  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Creating Smart Groups - Internet Plugins

Good morning. I am trying to create a Smart Group for Internet Plugins, like Flip4Mac, Silverlight and Flash. I create the Flip4Mac Smart Group with the following criteria (please see attached). This group contains 0 members. I know there are version...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Inventory Items

So right now we've got Departments and Buildings being scoped by Network Segments. We're looking to combine those two and utilize one for an item on LDAP lookup. Is there a way to get rid of the dropdown for one of those and let LDAP auto-populate th...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

NetBoot 10.7

Hi all I also had problems with this after constant attempts following everything to the T. In the end I just created a 10.6.8 NetBoot image using Apples Imaging software, then got it to log in as local admin account and automatically launch Casper I...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Changing admin password on all desktops

Hello, I'm sure this has been discussed at length before, but in your practice howhave you gone about changing the administration account password on eachdesktop? We have a single local account on each machine that is used bothby Casper to manage the...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

MDM on Non-Apple JSS

Hello, I successfully migrated my JSS from an Xserve to a RHEL5 VM; however I didnotice that it broke MDM. I got a message shortly after upgrading thatApple revoked my provisioning certificate (I'm assuming this is because theserver name and hardware...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

$3 returning blank in scripts

I was having trouble getting a script to run dseditgroup using JSS 8.3.1. dseditgroup -o checkmember -n /Default/Local -m $3 lpadmin I kept getting errors about no group name being specified. I put logger "the user is: $3" which returned the user as ...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Java + AV + Lion

So I'm trying to install our AV software, but it requires Java. So I downloaded the 10.7 Java installer from Apple added it to myimaging workflow as well as the AV installer mpkg. After the systemimages and boots to the os, the AV software is not loa...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

iPhoto 9.2.1 Update on Lion Shipped Machine

I've begun implementing thin imaging on new machines coming from Apple,just laying down apps instead of doing fat imaging. What I've discovered,as I'm sure many of you have, is that the iLife suite is requiring updatingvia the Mac App Store. I tried ...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Best Practice deploying bootcamp in dual boot

Hi Guys, I need to configure dual boot using boot camp, followed instructions using winclone imaging XP and configured 2nd NTFS partition pointing to winclone image in casper admin, imaging progress gets stack when winclone package is reached, is any...  View more

• 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

Just a Rumor

We buy top end mac pros all the time and we will continue to do so. If I could provide my 3d and fcp guys more power they would take it. Rumour I head was a mac pro / server hybrid ... Here's hoping  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Company Root CA Cert expiry

Hi guys, Our company root ca cert expires annually & is due to expire in a few weeks time. A new cert has been generated.. So I'm wondering if all I need to do is to distribute this new cert (which is named the same as the current cert), then when th...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Mac and TLS computer certificate

How can I add "host/networksetup -getcomputername.mycompany.com" in to the "User Name" area as in System 802.1x profile in Network Prefs. What is the command line for this? Also how can I trust the computer cert in System 802.1x profile using command...  View more

• 16 replies
  • 0 kudos

MDM Profile Update

All: Trying to move my devices from iOS 4 to iOS 5 and it's not as painless asI'd hoped. I have a few hundred iPads on iOS 4 that were originally enrolled under aniOS 4 profile. Because these devices are cart based, I created the profilein the JSS an...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors