Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 7 kudos

SentinelOne Notifications Policy?

I'm trying to prevent the user approval prompt for SentinelOne notifications from showing up like I've managed to do with other apps. My policy has com.sentinelone.sentinel-agent and com.sentinelone.sentinel-kext added to it and my settings for the n...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 1 kudos

Jamf - Webclip

Hi there, i'm having some issues regarding Configuration profiles -> Web Clips This might just be doing something wrong since it was quite a while ago i used jamf, but i'm trying to setup a new Web Clip payload and all works great except for the "Lab...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Jamf/Bigsur & AD Binding/pushing profiles

Hi I have a mac big sur envirnment in which we bind big sur macs to active directory. Keep running into an issue when logging in (issue hapens randomly) where i could assign/edit/remove Jamf profiles and policies.. when i then logout/restart the mac ...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

test software with parameters

Hi , I want to test a application in jamf using parameters.I am completely new to Jamf and scripting. sudo /Users/p/Downloads/ABCD Installer 8.app/Contents/MacOS/ABC Installer --quiet --update No --analytics No The above code works in terminal. How d...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Licensing issues with Office 365

Hi all, I am new to Jamf Nation (and providing assistance to this school) but thought I would reach out to this great resource to see what more experienced Jamf support folks think of my school's MS issue and offer solutions. I work at a college that...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

AD-Certificate can't renew in Big Sur

We have a big problem with our Big Sur machines that can't renew/generate a new AD Certificate.Big sur machines receive correctly the initial certificate from AD during enrollment, ONLY the renewal feature does not work.We have tried both on the loca...  View more

9d6f288964054eb689a12ff15ed6d844 a54cc648e7dc4ba4a7d4a8873abcb01b
  • 16 replies
  • 1 kudos

AnyConnect Socket Filter on Big Sur

I have seen several discussions on this topic but so far following them I have not been able to get rid of the Cisco AnyConnect Socket Filter PPPC pop. I have a few configuration profiles for AnyConnect following other people and Ciscos generic docum...  View more

8a3ce6d93d874315b8311d12b672f493 9293a64c6b974c3bb0af2fa7d8185057 29228126ebd441dcbc4e1d68dd1c0ffc b6fc379517f5436f8f0a650594f12160
  • 16 replies
  • 0 kudos

Installing BitDefender on Big Sur

Hi I was wondering if anyone had any tips on how I could create a profile to automate these steps when installing Bitdefender on Big Sur. https://www.bitdefender.com/support/changes-to-bitdefender-endpoint-security-for-mac-in-macos-big-sur-2626.html ...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Opinion: App updates via AppStore

Hi all, I'm getting a little desperate over updating apps via the AppStore.Sometimes it works, but then sometimes it's such a pain to debug or to solve. Am I the only one strugling with this or do many others experience issues?Should I manage apps vi...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 2 kudos

Filevault 2 key - changes from valid to invalid

We've been noticing a trend of machines with a valid recovery key suddenly transitioning from valid to invalid. We monitor this with 3 smartgroups via email notificationsFV2 key is knownFV2 PRK is known, key is unknownFV2 key is unknown. When a devic...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 1 kudos

Install Microsoft Webex plugin

So, Microsoft has announced that injection-based plugins, like WebEx and Zoom, in Outlook will no longer be supported and to migrate users to the add-ins from the Microsoft Store... Does anyone know how to install them with a package or a configurati...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Local (non-AD) account unlock

We have roughly 100 Mac currently and our numbers are growing. We have non-admin local accounts that tend get locked out after either password expiration or number of invalid login attempts. I have tried using the "Local Users and Accounts) within Ja...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Can't re-manage in big sur.

I removed the MDM profile from an 11.0.1 system. Running "jamf manage" reports all the same results in Terminal as a 10.14.6 system. However on the 11.0.1 system, "Profiles" does not show back up in system preferences. I've tried multiple times, rebo...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Deploying Malwarebytes Endpoint Agent

After a LOT of head banging, I finally am able to deploy Malwarebytes Endpoint Agent to computers via JAMF. I wanted to share to help others who may be looking for assistance. Please feel free to tweak any of this as there may be better ways, but thi...  View more

• 13 replies
  • 1 kudos

Detect if process is running only occasionally works?

Hi all, I've copied and pasted together scripts I've found on here to set up automated patching. In it is a piece that checks if the process is running, and if it is, it should abort. This works with for example "Microsoft Excel" and "Google Chrome" ...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Automating install MDM profile

Hi everyone, We are about to move from Jamf Now to Jamf Pro, we have around 60 macs that can't use automated device enrollment "DEP" and about 25 that are DEPed .. I'm thinking to automate installing MDM profile on those machines after removing the o...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Jamf Self Service Name Change Timing

For name changes to the Self Service app how long does it take for this to propagate down to clients?So for example I want to change the name of the Self Service app to "Software Center.app" If I do this change under the Settings > Self Service will ...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

VPP In-Use showing 0s

I just moved from a legacy VPP account to ABM and uploaded the new token from ABM but now "In-Use" numbers are showing zero. The scope is fine, it doesn't seem like it's uninstall apps from devices. Anyone out there had this issue?  View more

d9cc847f02bc4480b9e8519f549bbf14
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

VMWare Fusion + DEP

Since upgrading to Big Sur and VMWare Fusion Pro 12.x, it seems my DEP VMs are not fully working. The setup wizard goes through and recognizes the VM is part of our DEP and completes the setup wizard as expected. But none of the profiles come down (f...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors