Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Sandbox Instance Outage - December 10, 2022

The Jamf cloud team is working on an effort to improve the infrastructure of the Jamf Pro cloud environment. This is part of a continued effort to always provide you with the latest features that are available from our Amazon Web Service (AWS) enviro...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Jamf Pro 10.42.1 Now Available

Today we are releasing a maintenance version of Jamf Pro. Jamf Pro 10.42.1 fixes the following product issues: [PI110600] Updated a third-party library to resolve a known vulnerability (CVE-2022-42889). [PI110632] The device inventory record no longe...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 4 kudos

Jamf Pro 10.43.0 Beta is Now Available!

Hey Jamf Nation!We've just released Jamf Pro 10.43.0 Beta. This release includes enhancements to Device Compliance integration with Microsoft Endpoint Manager, a new FileVault 2 Personal Recovery Key Attribute, and several fixes and other enhancement...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 1 kudos

Firmware Password Manager 2.5 - New Release

Firmware Password Manager 2.5 - New Release Firmware Password Manager is a Python script to help MacAdmin programmatically manage the firmware passwords of their Mac systems. The firmware password is one of the three interlocking methods used to secu...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Reverse Engineering Jamf Admin

Reverse Engineering Jamf Admin This blog post will cover steps to reverse engineer Jamf Admin processes to work around some bugs and poor implementations and develop your code to streamline & automate the process. For example, there are exiting tools...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Logmein wanting Bash

Does someone have the PPPC screen needed to allow Logmein to use bash for remote control sessions? This popped up on a Catalina box. I am trying to add bash in the PPPC code requirement but I am still getting prompted.  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Mobile Device App search just pinwheels

When doing a Search Apple School Manager or Apple Business Manager for an application to add results are displayed with the pinwheel blocking the selection. It does not appear to be a browser issue as Safari, Chromium-based, and Firefox tested. Even ...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

IKEv2 VPN Config Profile w/ EAP-MSCHAPv2

I have been tasked with getting the native macOS configuration to work along side our Microsoft Always On VPN. We are currently using Pulse Secure as our VPN client and we have had numerous issues in the past with it that have soured many users. I am...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 1 kudos

VPP app installation failed

Hi Guys. We send app to our iOS user buying them on Apple VPP.For the iPhone switch (that are in dep), we made an iTunes backup & restore. When the backup finish, we ask user to insert their iCloud password, then the iphone start to download all the ...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Reissue FileVault key when viewed.

Hello everyone. I saw a few discussions about this one but nothing really stood out to help me.I want to give out FileVault key to the user that forgets his password. But I want to reissue that as it has been seen/captured.I'm working on Jamf Cloud, ...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

See When iPads Turn Off and On?

We have a problem with an iPad in our building and we're trying to diagnose the issue. We know it's a power issue from the wall, so we're asking our building owner to help us out. Is there any way I can see when an iPad last reported when it was on t...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 1 kudos

Considering Shared iPads for Classroom

So we have Apple Classroom set up and are slowly introducing it to our staff now. It's been a little bumpy getting to this point. This will eventually be used on 850 ipads that have already been set up through PreStage Enrollment... however, they wer...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Admin account on all devices

How is everyone managing a local admin account? We need to have one across all devices. Problem is, we Enterprise Connect, not bound to AD. We can't have the same password on all devices. Needs to be randomized but able to grab the password when we n...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Windows Server SMB Shares freezing Finder

Pulling for strings on this one but we have multiple SMB shares hosted on windows server 2016 that seem to cause a complete lockup of finder. All our Mac users are AD joined and run latest version of 10.14 - 10.15 and can mount the shares with no iss...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Ensure DEP prompt appears.

Hi All, Im looking for some guidance on the DEP enrolment .. Currently we are enrolling and imaging successfully while in the office but.. when we deploy and mac to a user in there home office its hit or miss that get the DEP prompt when the mac is u...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Disabling the Sleep command in the Apple Menu

I'd like to set a Configuration Profile or policy on my Macs to grey out or hide the Sleep on the Apple Menu. I've tried to disable it in a config profile with no luck. Is there a way to set this? it is for Mojave or Catalina. Thank you  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Proximity Setup iPhone 11

Hi Community,we have to deploy new iphone 11 to our Users.New iPhones are in ADE (DEP) but we are experiencing a problem when we try to restore backup using proximity setup (Quick Start) from old devices manually enrolled in Jamf (previous phones wer...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 1 kudos

Logging Wifi Usage

I use the following script originally created by @delbrown here: Manage WiFi on macOS I modified it to warn the users using JAMFHelper and allow them to stay connected. I would like to add some logging to it so I can see how many times a user connect...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

AppleScript prompt after DEP enrollment

I've been banging my head against the wall with this one. What I'd like to happen is, after DEP enrollment, and we get to the desktop, an AppleScript dialog pops up asking the user a question. There are a few popups, but for troubleshooting purposes,...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 2 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors