Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 7 kudos

Block iMessage from iCloud backup

I can see where to do this in the Settings menu in the iCloud settings but I can't find a security setting to do this in Jamf. We are ok with our users using iMessage but we don't want those messages being backed up or saved to iCloud. Any ideas?  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Model Identifier Blank

I have a system that previously had good data from past inventory updates. Full hardware information. Now, suddenly, the hardware data is mostly empty. I've forced a new inventory update, but that didn't replace the information. Anyone else experienc...  View more

bb30975f03de46c8acb3d421be7bd756
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

M1 + Big Sur App Crashes

Hi Everyone, recently seeing some laptops in our environment crashing chrome tabs, followed by the inability to open Slack or Chrome or anything else. Though it was primary on M1 Bur Sur, but it has happened on Intel Catalina machines. Anyone know wh...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Remove Devices not in ASM

Is there a good way to run some sort of audit to remove devices that are not in Apple School Manager? I recently released devices from ASM and found they were still in Jamf.  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

FileVault keys in Intune?

We use Jamf for our Apple management but recently our organization got InTune running for the Windows folks. It was asked if Intune can be used for the Apple devices to which I'm aware that jamf can tie into it. I just don't know the extent of that a...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Automate enrollment and package installment

Hi,I'm new to the Jamf community.we have old jamf settings on our company, I want to be able to automate jamf enrollment + necessary package installment .what steps should I follow? (I'm familiar with jamf 100) my second question is that when we buy ...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

M1 - Login Window settings ignored.

Good day. We've started rolling out a few M1's for testing and one of my colleagues mentioned that suddenly it's asking for both username and password whereas usually, you would only populate the password on a single user machine due to the user sele...  View more

4f0d6a889a1741e8b2c9d2293e9cc879
  • 5 replies
  • 3 kudos

Package install help

Hi All , Installing Cortex which works fine however how to get around to stop the need for logged in user to allow via security and privacy. I have tried to find documents on how to fix this but I am going around in circles. I have created a local ad...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Antivirus with DMG installer and arguments

We moved to a new antivirus named DeepInstinct and they provided a DMG file for installation. During install there is data need to be entered (for example server address and tags). Please see pic below. Command line install instruction from vendor is...  View more

7584139f1b6c4569991894f6b9c6fd5e dea21f4f04d54a2785e4f76ce0350806
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

OneDrive in a shared device environment

We are looking to allow our users of shared macOS devices the ability to access their individual OneDrive. These shared devices have user profiles removed when a different users logs in so this along with potential sync issues appears to rule out the...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Big sur and Jamf Connect

I don´t think I am the only one, but before in Catalina and earlier versions, it was possible with jamf connect in DEP deployment to login the user so a user account was created on the computer -and the user account was mdmcapable, so user certificat...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 1 kudos

How to deploy/install software any help?

I'm new to Jamf and so far enjoying everything you can do, it blows away what we currently do with our mac management, I'm now looking to do some more fancy things this involves Cisco anyconnect and RSA SecureID - I would like these delivered by self...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Jamf 200 Course

Hi Not sure if anyone will know here but I have a Jamf 200 course coming up and it states you need iPad 13 version and not 14. What happens if you do not have version 13?  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

VMware fusion and M1s

Hi guys, What is everyone doing about VMware Fusion and M1s? I have confirmed that VMware fusion works fine with Big Sur on an intel, but not on the M1 and apparently VMware is not ready.https://twitter.com/VMwareFusion/status/1326229094648832000.  View more

• 2 replies
  • 2 kudos

Big Sur User Passwords Breaking

Hi all, Is anyone having an issue where some DEP/MDM enrolled devices - even after a successful first login - fail to recognise the user's password next time they log in and/or are prompted to authenticate for any reason? We are experiencing this iss...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Install App | Pending - STATUS_REASON_NO_LICENSE

I recently ran into this and figured I would post my solution as when I searched it there were zero results. I was having issues getting Slack to install via Self Service and couldn't figure out why. Then I noticed a under Management for a specific M...  View more

87ee179077024b778a6b058462c08228 d41b1a18ecb044f6bc8ab01e114035f7
  • 1 replies
  • 1 kudos

Distributing Books

Hi, I'm IT for my Primary school. I have 16 ipads set up with Jamf that are under one user because we use them with several classes. I want to upload books from my Apple school manager but it says 'Waiting for VPP licenses'. Any suggestions please? T...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Mac is reachable only with Jamf remote

Hello everyone, we are trying to manage that we cannot reach few Macs (mostly MacPro) via Apple remote desktop when we connect with Jamf Remote, everything works properly, even after that other person can connect via ARD. After few seconds of disconn...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

UIE still always just gives a QuickAdd.pkg?

Trying to move away from QuickAdd.pkg, have LDAP working, user logs in and chooses their site, but they're still just getting a button to download a QuickAdd.pkg. That pkg installs, but the profile will not be installed in 11.0 and there's not even o...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Sophos or Symantec encryption to JAMF

has anyone done a migration from Sophos Safeguard or Symantec encryption to JAMF (filevault).looking for a best way to go about it, like unencrypt and re-encrypt with JAMF or is there another recommendation? how to get the keys onto JAMF from a 3rd p...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Crowdstrike 6.15 Deployment Scripts

Hi, Has anyone had issues with their policy scripts for deploying Crowdstrike 6.15? Crowdstrike haven't updated their documentation well for this version. I am confident the config is looking good and have pushed it prior to testing the policy. CS su...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Domain password change with multiple computers

I have users that need to maintain two or more assets. At the moment - the company is still requiring the AD bind (I'm working on that). When they need to change the password, they'll make the change on one asset - this leaves the other asset with a ...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

SentinelOne Notifications Policy?

I'm trying to prevent the user approval prompt for SentinelOne notifications from showing up like I've managed to do with other apps. My policy has com.sentinelone.sentinel-agent and com.sentinelone.sentinel-kext added to it and my settings for the n...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 1 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors