Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 10 kudos

Uninstalling Adobe Creative Cloud with a script

How to cleanly and properly uninstall Adobe Creative Cloud apps has been an ongoing Mac admin challenge for years. I recently came across this post by Anthony Reimer which details how to uninstall an Adobe app by it's sapCode and base install version...  View more

• 14 replies
  • 13 kudos

Delay Config Profile Application

I need to delay the application of a configuration profile with our internal wireless settings in it when a machine is first run through prestage. I would like the order of events to be: 1) Prestage2) User logs in3) DEPNotify runs4) DEPnotify finishe...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

In-Place Upgrade from Sierra to Catalina

Hey Friends - We're got about 15 Trashcan Macs in an offline environment that have been sitting on Sierra 10.12.4 for the last few years. Due to some incompatibility with our software licensing/operating system, it's looking like we are being forced ...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 1 kudos

FileVault with Big Sur & Jamf 10.25.1 (maybe 10.26)

I am looking for proper workflows to enable FileVault with Big Sur. Are there any new changes in 10.26 regarding FileVault configuration (current process seems very archaic) I currently use the FileVault process form the Jamf Admin's Guide and that w...  View more

• 24 replies
  • 6 kudos

Totally Free Antivirus mac

Hello, My company currently uses crowd strike as our A/V solution, but to do a clean on a mac we need another free solution. What does everyone here use? On the windows side we use emisoft for a free cleaning. Anything you can reccomend on the mac si...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

NT-ware uniFLOW SmartClient Uninstaller for Jamf Pro

Are you running the NT-ware uniFLOW SmartClient for macOS? As you probably know, NT-ware's older versions (v1.1.0 and lower) were not as robust as their Windows versions. In order to upgrade/update to newer versions, you need to uninstall the older v...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 2 kudos

Install-reboot-install

Is there a known good way to create a policy that includes a reboot in the middle of the process?Situation: a piece of software cannot be cleanly updated, but must be uninstalled, the machine restarted, and only then have the new version installed. I...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Restrict macOS Catalina 10.15.7 Supplemental Update

Need to know if the below command prevents the Apple Banner pop up on the top right of the laptop for an Apple Update. If not how can that be suppressed? Setting up a Policy with this command in File and Process. Policy is restricting the latest upda...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 1 kudos

Create Dock Item for Adobe Illustrator 2021

I have created dock items for several of the Adobe 2020-21 apps, but cannot get Illustrator's to work. I am using the default path of:file://localhost/Applications/Adobe Illustrator 2021/Adobe Illustrator 2021.appand have even tried this:file://local...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

We are not ready... Big Sur

I was looking to see how other admins are handling the impending Big Sur update. Though most of my testing has been positive I still have a few apps that need some polishing. With that said what are the recommended methods for preventing Big Sur from...  View more

• 25 replies
  • 1 kudos

Pegasus External drives not mountable

A lot of our distribution points have the Pegasus external desktop attached storage units attached to them housing our jamf shares. When I try to replicate the DP, Jamf Admin always returns that the server couldn't be mounted. When I ARD into the mac...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Big Sur Kext Workflows

Hey education folks. Popping into the education community to once again shamelessly ask you to upvote my feature request. Maybe you're like me and there's still software using kernel extensions required in your environment. Well, that gets a bit tric...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 1 kudos

Apple TV home screen background

Just a quick question on how/if people are hiding the home screen on Apple TV's? some of the video previews are not school appropriate. I do have Conference room enabled but sometimes it goes to the home screen.  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Helpful Extensis Portfolio info

I search and searched and could never find this info so sharing this here with others. If you want to restart the catalog service on the Portfolio server run this: #!/bin/sh #Stop the catalog service sudo launchctl unload /Library/LaunchDaemons/com.e...  View more

785ad64786394e6294f20c2d99fc3da3
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Canon Uniflow username prompt

I'm attempting to deploy Canon's Uniflow follow me printing service. Adding the print driver is easy enough and I can map the printer and add it via jamf admin. The issue I'm having is that the "URL" of the printer (LPD/LPR) is unique for each user a...  View more

• 11 replies
  • 0 kudos

Kext-consent in Big Sur

Howdy all, I'm banging my head with something and its driving me nutz with Big Sur 11.0.1. I've been testing and updating our Zero Touch deployment to support big sur, the only problem I'm having is with the KEXT for our AV product. I have created th...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Scansnap installation workflow?

A staff member recently received a ScanSnap iX1500. They took it out of the box so I don't have any of the original documentation or if any software came with it. I'm looking online and see a few pieces of software that could be installed but before ...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Allow JNLP file to run

I have certain users who need to run a Java based application that is started from a JNLP file. The issue is that when they click on it, the built in malware scanner in MacOS Catalina blocks it. Normally they would go to System Preferences --> Securi...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors