Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 7 kudos

Disabled ipad

Has there every been a way discovered to enable a disabled ipad once the passcode has been entered too many times and it is no longer connected to the wifi. So if one was to take an adapter and connected the ipad to a network port is there a way thro...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

JAMF AD CS Connector Download

I'm looking for the updated AD CS connector version 2.01 installer. The only thing listed under "My Assets" is the 1.0 version. Does anyone know where I can get the latest installer or know why I don't see it in my assets?  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

security recommendations for jamf recon

What can be possible security concerns I need to take care while running jamf recon for example network attack? how can I make it secure. Is there any other way to get jss computer id ?  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

possible list of errors in jamf recon

I want to run jamf recon command to fetch computer id through my application silently. I will not be able to use api due to admin's credential requirement: Can I get a documented list of error which I can possibly get while running jamf recon?any gui...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 1 kudos

Let's Encrypt, JSS, Mac

My server certificate is about to expire and I was thinking about moving to Let's Encrypt. Had a look at: https://github.com/sean-rabbitt/letsEncryptJSS but not sure how to configure this for my server. Running Jamf Pro on-premises, server is on MacO...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Automatic updates & Standard Users

Hello, my company is planning to demote our admin users to standard users. I've found a way for them to run sudo commands without admin, but I need a way for them to update third party apps without administrator credentials. The only thing that I cou...  View more

• 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

Apple November 10th Event

Just a quick FYI for anyone that didn't see it already. Apple is having an event on Nov. 10. I suspect we'll finally get a release date for Big Sur at it (maybe that day?), along with some other new product announcements. https://appleosophy.com/2020...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 1 kudos

Fresh Start With Encryption

Hello Jamf Nation, we are currently looking into move to the cloud rather sooner than later. Have any of you recently made the transfer, if so how was it? One of my questions regarding the move to the cloud, is that we are still binding our Macs, wha...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

New User-Jamf Pro vs. MobileIron Red by Verizon

I am in a trial instance of Jamf Pro currently and would appreciate some feedback on the products as they compare to one another. What are some of the pros and cons of the Jamf Pro MDM platform? Thank you for taking the time.  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Catalina: Simple Finder Removed

Looks like Simple Finder has been removed from Catalina which leaves us little to no Kiosk style restrictions for Catalina. No Single App Mode either. Anyone have any Catalina configs they are using to compensate for this? Most of our Mojave Kiosk co...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

network check on the iOS device

I'm starting to use jamfpro in Japan.We are planning to do a network check on the iOS device.Is there a very easy way?For example, it's a way for users to do it with just one click.(Network check is confirmation of communication to APN, etc.)  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Automatic App Deployment On Jamf Pro

Hello All,I am new to using the Jamf Pro platform for our organization. We are attempting to figure out the best way to get and deploy specific apps onto deployed MacBooks in our fleet and for future machines that we will purchase. At this point, I h...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Finder extension whitelisting ?

HiWe recently added a kernel extension to the product and we figured out that admins can whitelist this extension using the team id and avoid the need for manual user actions. But unfortunately the finder extension still requires user actions when th...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Domain Join - Big Sur

Hi All, Before I start, yes I know domain join is now outdated, but we are still working through the POC for Jamf Connect.This means our Big Sur machines will need to bind to the domain. I am testing Public Beta 11, and for the life of me, I cannot g...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 1 kudos

MacOS curfew deferral

Greetings,Sorry to bother you guys...again.We are having a concern with setting the curfew on macOS devices running Catalina 10.15.7.We have set the curfew to occur at 9:30 PM but the cherubs, who are admins of their devices, have found that they are...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Unlink Nessus Agent

I'm using the below cmd to unlink nessus agent from the devices. But no result found. !/bin/sh !/bin/bash echo "Unlinking Nessus Account"sudo /Library/NessusAgent/run/sbin/nessuscli nessuscli agent unlink exit 0 Please help me on this  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Unable to upgrade Catalina via JAMF

Hi all, Do anyone know what setting will stop OS upgrade even we got the Apple Package cached and install. It just keep saying installation fail, even i used Sudo softwareupdate -i -r -R pushed from JAMF. It was able to download but still failed to i...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

JSON files in Powershell

Hi, We use a separate asset management system for adminstrating all of our assets. This includes assets like, windows laptops, monitors and our apple devices. To make things a bit easier for my colleagues, we have build a tool that helps them registe...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Sharing our One-to-One roll out scripts and processes

Hey All,We just had a successful roll out of a one-to-one with MacBook Airs and I wanted to share some of what really worked for us. We started with imaging, which we use DEPNotify to prompt to name the computer and then run the installs for base sof...  View more

b2b88b170c3349009d3d873278c56e8a
  • 6 replies
  • 2 kudos

Jamf Teacher app lock changes layout?

I received this feedback from one of our teachers testing out Jamf Teacher- When I take control and lock them in an app, it literally clears their ipads from all other apps. Which is great! Except when I clear the locks on my end, all of their apps e...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 2 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors