Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.8.0 Beta is now available!

Hello Jamf Nation! The Jamf Pro 11.8.0 Beta Release features a number of exciting improvements and enhancements for managing your Apple devices. Starting with 11.8.0, Jamf Pro admins will be able to set a minimum OS for MacBooks, iPhones, and iPads t...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 6 kudos

Excited for this!

Hi everyone, Just a quick note: it's really important for you to register via the Eventbrite link so we have a single common list for attendees. This is what we'll base refreshment count on! Please help us serve you delicious pizza and beverages in a...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Can't allow an app access to a microphone on the iPad

HI,I have an app on an iPad that needs to request access to the microphone. I think when the initial prompt came up the kids said "No". Now, the app requesting the microphone is not showing up in Settings--> Privacy--> Microphone. Actually, there are...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Déverrouillage session | Police Sierra

Bonjour, Nous avons migré une bonne partie de notre parc sur Sierra (10.12.4). Depuis quelque temps, de manière aléatoire et seulement sur très peu d'ordinateurs et seulement des portables, au déverrouillage de la session les caractères affichés sont...  View more

94c10b9ef90b4d178bd2e6c696bbee68
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Disabling unwanted modules during silent installation

Hi all, I am new to MacOS so this might sound as stupid question, but I can't seem to figure out this: I have a package PKG format, and it contains multiple selectable options during installation. I want to install only 1 particular item and de-selec...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Smarter Balanced Test + Calendar Error

We've been using Macs for the SBAC assessment and noticed a few Mac 10.11 clients receiving this error: "Another program has started, and you will be logged out. Ask your Test Administrator for Help. Calendar" Upon receiving this error, the user is k...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Ebooks at Schools

I work at a newer school and we do not have much of a paper book based library as such. so now, teachers are starting to ask about ebooks. Now i know with copyright laws here in Aus and i'm sure other places you cannot get ibooks/ebooks through Vpp l...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Android Enroll : Push Certificate not configured

Hi, We are in the process of evaluating the Casper Suite version 9.98 and want to test enrolling an Android device (Samsung Galaxy S6) but I get "Push Certificate not Configured". Digging through Jamf Nation, I found only one reference that was relat...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Supervising iPhones and data migration

Hi everyone, Our company just recently started enrolling iOS devices with JAMF. All new devices are supervised before being given to users. Unfortunately we have a lot of legacy users that we need to migrate. Ideally I would like make them supervised...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 1 kudos

Errors with uploaded .pkg

I'm trying to upload a .pkg using the JAMF portal but whenever I try and deploy I get errors that the file is not available on the HTTP server. All our other files are deploying with no issues so I think I'm doing something wrong with the upload. If ...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Multiple LDAP Servers?

We might be adding in some users from another LDAP server—we've always had just one. Any gotcha's or things keep in mind as we look at implementing this?  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

iPad Air 2 Cases for K-12

Although this isn't a technical questions I would still be curious to hear from anyone that has had any experience with the BX²™ Edge iPad Air 2 Case from Brenthaven. We are looking for a good K-12 case that would last around three years (I know that...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Issue new Recovery Key FileVault 2

HI , I've been trying to get new recovery key and store them in JSS with no luck .I set it as it says on manuals :it get it fails but no errors and no key : anyone made it work? there is a bug I'm not aware of ? Regards ,Meir  View more

17f5bb5c7d9a44b9bb1f4be353bf1a0a b3a2ffe154624a9d9a7edfa3d6461fd6
  • 23 replies
  • 1 kudos

heads up to you folks with admin access on GSX

While I can't go into too much detail, I read an article on GSX (not on a phishing email) yesterday that had me a little concerned. Apple is reviewing anyone with GSX admin access and "sending out something" to verify whether you should have GSX admi...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Device Migration

We have a client who is using a .local Jamf Pro instance, they have recently decided that they would like to migrate to a JAMF Cloud instance. They have roughly 300 mobile devices and 80 MacOS devices. Migrating the MacOS devices is simple enough wit...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

802.1x PEAP Ethernet AD settings

Hi All. There is a lot of info over the years about 802.1x, and I'm not sure where I am going wrong. Some threads suggest that computer authentication with Casper is broken, others say you NEED an AD certificate, others say you don't. Could someone j...  View more

• 18 replies
  • 0 kudos

JSS and Distribution point on macOS or VMs comparison?

I would like to ask if anybody might have performance and overall reliability comparisons of running the JSS and Distribution points on macOS vs VMs?My existing hardware is:JSS and primary distribution pointMacPro Late 2013, 6 core 3.5 GHz Intel Xeon...  View more

• 10 replies
  • 0 kudos

iBeacon to remove a profile?

Hi all,I do not have an iBeacon to test, so wondering if there's a way before I invest... We have some naughty kids that have a very locked down profile applied.We have a teacher who needs the students to have normal access in her room.Is it possible...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Mobile Device Apps & Categories

Out of curiosity, How are you organizing your mobile device apps with categories? Our categories are named after each school site and their apps are assigned to that category.  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors