Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.8.0 Beta is now available!

Hello Jamf Nation! The Jamf Pro 11.8.0 Beta Release features a number of exciting improvements and enhancements for managing your Apple devices. Starting with 11.8.0, Jamf Pro admins will be able to set a minimum OS for MacBooks, iPhones, and iPads t...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 6 kudos

New Mac Admin Help - Imaging a lot of computers

New(ish) Mac Admin here recently hired at a college. I am needing to re-image about 75 Macs across campus (labs) and am looking for the easiest way to do it. Can I build one machine and image it out to the network, and if so, how is the easiest way t...  View more

• 9 replies
  • 0 kudos

New JSS stuck on "initializing"

Started up a new JSS to replace our current JSS. I shut down the first one and went through the installer, everything was fine until I opened the webpage, http:127.0.0.1:9006 (something like that). It's just stuck on "initializing". Anyone know any s...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Centrify Extension Attribute

Just in case anyone needs a Centrify Extension Attribute: #!/bin/sh mode=`adinfo | grep "CentrifyDC mode" | awk '{print $3}'` if [ "$mode" == "connected" ]; then echo "Connected" elif [ "$mode" == "disconnected" ]; then echo "Disconnected" else echo ...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Lync 14.0.10 and up login weirdness

I'm seeing some strangeness that began with Lync 14.0.10 and continues with 14.0.11. Under 14.0.9, we launch Lync, and login either with ID & PW or Kerberos and everything is fine. I upgraded some machines to 14.0.10, now after they login successfull...  View more

• 10 replies
  • 0 kudos

Identify which OS is installed in a VM via Casper

I put together an extension attribute that looks for VM on a mac and reports the OS installed in the VM.It gives great visibility into clients should you need to address unmanaged VMs circulating on your network.I hope others can find it useful in th...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Configuration Profile Issues

I have created a configuration profile in JSS that i have targeted to a particular user group - we are a school so its for exams. It's running at user level. It seems to work mostly but with 2 issues. 1) it does not apply the first time the user logs...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Google Apps Configuration Profile for OS X

Hi Guys, We're just getting started with JAMF. What's the recommended way to push down Google Apps accounts to OS X workstations? The only way I can figure out how to do it is to manually create Mail, Calendar, and Contacts payloads in a Configuratio...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

No Self Service Items are Available?

Hello,All of the sudden we are seeing a lot of our Macs getting the error message of: No Self Service Items are availableNo Authorization I saw a prior post that mentioned checking the selfservice cache location, along with Safari cookie settings. I ...  View more

• 12 replies
  • 0 kudos

Can't access JSS Interface after installing?

Hello JAMF, Just installed a JSS and I can't seem to access the interface, I've never had this happen before. Basically, I install the JSS and follow the instructions (SQL, Apache, Java) and go to https://127.0.0.1:8443 (whatever was listed on the in...  View more

• 9 replies
  • 0 kudos

Apple GSX, Purchasing > PO Date

Question, I still do not have GSX functioning in our JSS, working on it. Under "Purchasing", if one clicks the blue magnifying glass Search will it actually return the PO Date, all the time, some of the time? I have got to get these PO Dates into our...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Create Smart Computergroup via API

Hi all, I'm trying to create a smart group across multiple JSS contexts via the rest API, and not having much luck. Basically, I want smart group that contains computers which haven't checked in over 50 days. I'm using: curl -skfu username:password h...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

User initiated Enrollment

I am trying to get self-enrollment working for Mac computers, but when a user tries to do this they get "quickadd.pkg" can't be opened because it is from an unidentified developer. I assume I need to go to Options, Global Management, User-initiated E...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Non-existant Mac in Inventory

Hello,I have a Mac that I cannot get enrolled. The certificate always shows up in the Keychain as untrusted. Even when I manually change the settings to "Always Trust". While investigating I found an irregularity in the JSS. I saw two entries for the...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

VPP for iWork/iLife

Not sure if this is new or not, but I picked this up on my RSS feeds. There appears to be a way to get credit via Volume Purchase Program for iLife and iWork licenses on hardware from October 2013 onward. This would be useful to companies that want t...  View more

• 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

Security Tool On *NIX (stonix)

https://github.com/CSD-Public/stonix Stonix is a tool designed to secure unix systems including Macs running OS X 10.9.x and OS X 10.10.x. The code will be up shortly check it out and see if it is something for your organization. This is a tool used ...  View more

• 14 replies
  • 0 kudos

Lync 14.0.11 on 10.10.x not getting GAL

Similar to when Mavericks was released, initially Lync would not pull the GAL down until Microsoft updated it in March 2014 with a fix. Deploying Lync 14.0.11 now with a 10.10.3 or to 10.10.x users in general (mostly 10.10.3), Lync installs properly,...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Finder Preferences

All, I'm looking for a way to get the user's home folder to show in the sidebar under favorites. Its a pet peeve , i know, but this used to be default and now its not. I've uploaded com.apple.finder and com.apple.sidebarlists plists and pushed out wi...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Imaging 10.10.3 with caper 9.65

I upgraded the image from 10.10.2 to 10.10.3 on the casper admin. I am using casper suite 9.65 but every since the update the imaging process freezes. Last time this happened I was on casper suite 9.62 and had to update it to 9.65 and re-create the n...  View more

• 20 replies
  • 0 kudos

Bit 9

Does anyone have experience implementing Bit9? https://www.bit9.com Seems that infosec is telling us we must do this... Just wondering what other's experience is. Thanks.  View more

• 37 replies
  • 0 kudos

Dark Menu Bar in Composer

I have the setting for the dark menu bar enabled. When in Composer, the menu bar changes back to not dark (black on white). However, when in any other application on my computer, the menu bar stays in dark mode. Depending on the desktop picture, the ...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors