Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 6 kudos

jamfHelper policy reports failure

I'm sure this is an easy one... I have a simply policy that runs jamfHelper to put a message on the user's screen to call support because their computer is a smart group of machines where smart reporter says their hard drive is failing. Policy runs t...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

No new tab in OS X configuration profiles

Hi AllCan you please help me i got 3 problem in casper at this moment1)in the computer>configuration profiles> there is no NEW tab in the gray banner. May i know is there some configure i missed?2)Cant’ connect the timemachine at mac startup but manu...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Best way to prevent 10.10.2 from being installed?

In terms of restricted software, is there a good way to block the installer process for 10.10.2 while still leaving 10.10 enabled? Want to prevent our end users from installing 10.10.2 through software update while we test it in our environment.  View more

• 11 replies
  • 0 kudos

Casper Imaging + 10.10.2 = No Block Copy

Anyone seeing issues with Block Copy Imaging while on 10.10.2? I've tried 10.10.2 NetBoots sets as well as an external drive running 10.10.2. My imaging process fails to block copy and drops back to the slower "installing." My previous NetBoot set wa...  View more

• 52 replies
  • 0 kudos

Casper Remote Privilages

My JSS is currently on 9.62. For Casper Remote privileges - I have all boxes checked except Screen Share with Remote Computers Without Asking. This is key as users must be prompted when remote control occurs. With this setup, anytime I launch Casper ...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Casper Remote for VPN Clients

We have several clients that work remotely using VPN. In this scenario a client computer will have a minimum of 2 IP addresses: 1 for their local network (ie. 192.168.1.xxx) and 1 for the VPN adapter (ie. 10.10.1.xxx). From the JSS web console, I hav...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Single App Mode + AirSecureTest App

Our district starts testing pretty soon and we are trying to set up Autonomous Single App Mode. The app we are using for testing is AirSecureTest. We set up a test device and pushed a configuration profile to it locking the device into the app, but w...  View more

• 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

Seeing Currently Available Updates in version 9?

With our upgrade to 9, I find myself searching for the list of currently available software updates that used to be available under Logs in version 8. Anyone know of a viable replacement that they're already using before I look towards re-building th...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Autodmg 10.10.2 delay for login prompt?

Anybody else noticing a delay in bringing up the login prompt on 10.10.2?I click through the policy banner screen, and then the screen goes black (with cursor) for about 5-10seconds, then gives the login window...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

OT: I'm baaaaccckkkkk!!!!

Thought you could get rid of me!!!! We are starting a new Mac development project here and I have been tabbed to run it through its course. Feels good to be back dealing with a familiar project!  View more

• 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

Best way to enable FileVault for 2 users

Yo.. We're about to start piloting FileVault, however in addition to the main user being enabled for FV, we also need a management account enabled as well. Yes we can push out a policy to enable it for the management account, but that would expose th...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Old Quicktime files in HTML and Yosemite.

In a bit of a bind here.We have some very old media that is HTML based and has old old old (you get the idea) Quicktime files included in it.In previous years we have always managed to jig them into working one way or another, but with the advent of ...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

JDS vs File Distribution Replication

I just installed the JDS to replicate to my distribution point. What is the difference between JDS replication and doing it via the File Share Distribution? Also is the JDS replicating overnight or is this not an option yet, meaning its still all man...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Unmanaged and JSS Inventory, Smart Groups, etc

This may or may not have been previously posted / discussed, but I would like to get completely clear on this Is there an Extension Attribute to ascertain Managed and Unmanaged status in the JSS?, I do not see it or a way to create an EA It seems pru...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Script - Send email on USB connect

So we're in a situation where we need to setup a headless mac mini in a hospital environment that triggers an email to myself whenever a device is connected via USB so that I can remotely restore a backup to the iOS devices via configurator...does an...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Printer Script

Would anyone know of a script that would allow the path of the students computer be printed at the bottom of a page they print? We are having issues with kids "over-printing" and we would like to know who is printing what.  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

iOS WiFi Profiles Corrupting

I was wondering if anyone else out there has had issues with random iOS devices prompting for a password when trying to connect to a WiFi network that is configured with a profile? We are having this issue randomly and our only fix at this point has ...  View more

• 11 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors