Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.8.0 Beta is now available!

Hello Jamf Nation! The Jamf Pro 11.8.0 Beta Release features a number of exciting improvements and enhancements for managing your Apple devices. Starting with 11.8.0, Jamf Pro admins will be able to set a minimum OS for MacBooks, iPhones, and iPads t...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 6 kudos

SMB Network Shares and AD Home Directories

We are new to JSS and were using Profile Manager to manage our Macs before making the switch. In our old Profile Manager setup we had the Finder ‘Connected Servers’ setting to show on the users desktop. We are currently pushing out an Art Share to on...  View more

• 34 replies
  • 0 kudos

Smart Notebook 15 software - activation help?

Has anyone successfully gotten silent activation working with Smart Notebook 15 at image time? I've tried baking the site license SN into the package, when deployed to clients, it wasn't activated & had an error. Now I'm packaging the trial version o...  View more

• 19 replies
  • 0 kudos

FileVault 2 - Reissue Key script

Hey guys, We use a personal key only on each Mac, but some Macs haven't been sending the key back to the JSS. We run deferred encryption, and I assume the reason we don't have the key is because they've completed the encryption at home so our JSS was...  View more

• 18 replies
  • 0 kudos

Get warranty info on single computer

We have had the GSX integration set up in our JSS for a while but starting using it a little more recently. Easy to get warranty info on mass computers using a group but doesn't seem so easy when you want to quickly find the warranty info on a single...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Restricting internet access.

We are going through some heavy security changes here, and one of the requests is to limit internet access when outside the company (not on VPN) I would like to be able to do this via casper instead of using an application like Mcafee. Has anyone had...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Caching server

So we are looking to add 4 Mac Minis to serve as caching servers. 1 TB fusion drive or 256 GB flash storage (same price) I'm inclined to go fusion drive to allow for a larger cache. am I right or wrong and why?? I know flash storage is faster but I d...  View more

• 13 replies
  • 0 kudos

Inventory Reporting

Hello all, Ethan again! Still learning JAMF. I was curious, is there way to run inventory reports that show which applications are pushed to which smart groups? We (currently) are using JAMF to manage iOS devices only, so this request is specific to ...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Use of Casper - Using 1:1 Deployment

Hi,I work for an MSP that has a school that may be rapidly moving to a 1:1 deployment. We are contracted IT and not in house. What kind of time requirement should I be setting aside for a technician for the initial deployment of 300 iPads and then th...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Unlocking FV2 drive during imaging

Hi, I recently built a Netboot server to image the computers in my environment. My Netboot image was created using AutoDMG and AutoCasperNBI. I use prestage imaging configurations based on serial number so the imaging process is as automated as possi...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Packaging EndNote X7

Does anyone have any experience with packaging EndNote X7? We created a site installer which seems to work quite well (in the sense of retaining our licence and serial details), but I'm wondering how best to handle updates, and in particular how to d...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Disable iTunes from launching with F8

I'm trying to figure out a way to disable iTunes from launching when pressing the F8 play/pause button. We have hundreds of computers in our school district doing Smarter Balanced testing. The students are figuring out that pressing F8 will launch iT...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Disable Printer Sharing

We have a lot of users that enable printer sharing on our corporate printers. And since they show up faster than the directory listed one, it creates a lot of tickets. i saw a couple JN posts on it and I kind of combined the EA and the disable script...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Migration from Munki to Casper

I wanted to check in and see if anyone has replaced a fully built-out Munki system with Casper, and if so, see if there are any tips or any advice on working around what seem to be some major things that would likely make my life much more difficult ...  View more

• 13 replies
  • 0 kudos

Setting multiple home tabs via terminal

Hi All, Does anyone know how to set 2 default home tabs in Safari? I know there is the manual way, but I am not sure of the syntax to use to get it to work. Below is what I have. Command: defaults write ~/Library/Preferences/com.apple.Safari HomePage...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

LDAP in Casper Imaging 9.72

When authenticating with an AD account that has full admin privileges in the JSS, Casper Imaging becomes unresponsive when clicking Image. Anyone else experiencing this or have a fix?I'd rather not have to make more generic accounts, nice to see who'...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Silens installation SPSS 23

Hi,I've checked on the following page, it has helped me a lot. I have a .bin and .properties file.https://jamfnation.jamfsoftware.com/discussion.html?id=8001 When i execute the command in the terminal the installations complete. But I get the followi...  View more

• 9 replies
  • 0 kudos

Automate application deployment

Hi All, I'm looking for ideas/suggestions on ways to automate application deployment. We're going through a project to implement ServiceNow and discussions about automating software installations has been bought up. My first thought was that we get S...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Mount Network Drive

Hi All,I'm looking for a script that can mount network drives and be able to have it displayed on the desktop or even in the sidebar in finder. Using Yosemite 10.10.3  View more

• 14 replies
  • 0 kudos

Yosemite apps 'not responding' after sleep

The issue: Several users report (and I've seen with my own eyes) that 10.10.x / all of their open apps crash after returning from sleep mode. The mouse will move around the screen and the users can right click on dock icons, but they cannot force-qui...  View more

• 9 replies
  • 0 kudos

NetSUS + JDS

On Saturday we upgraded our JSS & JDS instances from 9.65 to 9.72. All went well until we realized today that our SUS webadmin page was not accessible. Our JDS instances also have NetSUS installed - purely for the SUS component. This issue appears to...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

scoping configuration profiles

newbie alert! I am trying to set up my first configuration profile but I get a gray disk in the dashboard presentation after I scope it to a smart group that works with policies. The config profile says there are no devices selected to send it to. An...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Casper - Software Installation Fails

I am attempting to install Identity Finder 8.0 via Casper, but the software package is failing to install. I have two policies configured, one policy is to cache the package and then i have a second policy to install the package from cache. The cache...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Deploying AirParrot2

Trying to deploy a licensed version of AirParrot2 and it's showing up on the user machines as unlicensed.I have built both pkg and dmg's of my licensed version using Composer.I have enabled the FEU option on the dmg and no change.From what I believe,...  View more

• 17 replies
  • 0 kudos

Automate Outlook Schedule?

Hello everyone, Followed this guide from Officeformachelp and it went fine. The problem occurs when I try to package the schedule.http://www.officeformachelp.com/outlook/exchange/setup-script/ To begin, I grabbed everything in /HDD/Users/username/Doc...  View more

ae97f29e5a63484eb542cf4eb5fa9766
  • 11 replies
  • 0 kudos

dockutil parameters and spaces

I have a dockutil script that works great, but when I try to add a line for a parameter it gets kind of funky. Currently the script is written as: ConUser=`/bin/ls -l /dev/console | awk '//{print $3 }'` #Remove All Dock Items sudo -u $ConUser dockuti...  View more

• 9 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors