Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 4 kudos

Network filesharing sharing..what are you using?

This community is the largest collection on Mac admins and I need your advice..please.I inherited a problem last year and with each OSX upgrade it has got worse.Currently we use Linux file server running samba. Everyday I have to restore files (Excel...  View more

• 22 replies
  • 0 kudos

Cached software question

Hey, So I'm curious about if there is a way to flush an existing cache through the JSS itself, without having to go through a terminal command. Here's my situation. I had 10.10.1 cacheing on all computers running 10.9.x, and now that 10.10.2 has come...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Allow App and Book Assignment

Hi, I'm fairly new to the casper suite! I have just configured some iPads for the first time through apple configurator and then enrolled them into casper. on some of the iPads not all of them it keeps coming up with a message saying... "Allow App an...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Can't Start Tomcat7 After Upgrading JSS from 9.25 to 9.63

Hey All, I just finished an upgrade of Casper 9.25 to 9.63 that returned no errors, yet I'm unable to restart Tomcat7 after the installation has completed. Would this be due to the Tomcat config files being overwritten, as it's installed by default w...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Managed Distribution and AppleID Change

We have had a few students that have, for various reasons, switched appleID's this year after entering into the Managed distribution agreement. This has become quite problematic for us, in that the only way we can access the apps that are assigned to...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Mac issues authenicating with AD

We have just started supporting Macs into our environment. We are primarily a Windows shop but are really starting to expand into Macs.One of the biggest issues we are running into is that we can't seem to have success with having the user log in wit...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

MDM for shared apple id

I have a question about shared apple id's in a school setting. I manage 3 carts of 20 ipads for elementary and will be adding another 20 ipads in the fall. We are moving to Casper by May. Will the MDM replace the need for adding another expensive ipa...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

API Help - Please

I'm working on a script that would be used while a device is in the Netboot state. The script will remove the device from the JSS and Active Directory then format the HD. The part i'm hoping someone can assist with is how to get the Computer Name bas...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Seattle Apple Admins Meetup: January 29, 2015

Seattle area peeps, there is an Apple admin meetup on Thursday evening 6-8pm, Jan 29. It's not JAMF-specific, but rather all thing associated with being an Apple admin. I'm hoping to be there and we can chat about JAMF related things if you'd like! I...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Multiple Mac Boot partitions

Is there a method for managing two Mac boot volumes on a single machine as two distinct computers? I have a shared computer lab, and our standard college image/login credentials are on one partition, while the second partition is for our CS departmen...  View more

• 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

Non-JNUC Mac Conferences

I was dismayed recently when I came to the realization that another engagement means that I not be able to attend a conference in late October/early November, which may prevent me from going to JNUC2015. Depressing though that may be, I still want to...  View more

• 9 replies
  • 0 kudos

Newbie needs direction :)

We are a fairly small business with around 50 employees and we are rolling out to everyone new Macs and this is my first foray into MDM on OS X and Casper.I did the two day training a month ago in rushed session due to work constraints and the holida...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Force kerberos to 'wake up'.

Pertaining to domain accounts; when systems resume from sleep or connect via vpn the kerberos authentication with the domain seems to take a couple minutes to kick in. Until that time users are asked for their username/password for every network obje...  View more

• 24 replies
  • 0 kudos

Casper Focus - Wifi Issue

Hi, A number of our staff are reporting issues with capser focus not allowing them to remove focus from an app.This usually occurs when the WIFI connectivity is for some reason lost, all iPads in a case use the same SSID but it is only a couple that ...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Winter Storm Juno and CCE in NYC on Jan 27-30

24"+ of snow forecast for Mon/Tue, 2,300 flights cancelled as of 8PM Sunday, it doesn't look like I'm going to risk the 4hr drive from Delaware to New York City. Good luck to @milesleacy and all the folks that show up for the class. I hope you all ha...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Remove apps from VPP assignment list

Hi all, I am new to Jamf after recently migrating from Airwatch. In Airwatch I could remove apps we were no longer using from the VPP managed distribution list. This allowed us to reduce clutter and make things easier to find. Is there a way to accom...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

ADD casper admin for Site administrator

How do I add CASPER ADMIN for a site administrator? I want to allow them access to it so they can upload pkg/dmg's, create configurations for their site and also see what currently is available. it has RECON, IMAGING, and CASPER REMOTE, but NOT CASPE...  View more

• 13 replies
  • 0 kudos

Inventory query of last time station booted

This is actually two questions related to when systems startup. I would like to be able to query in inventory when the startup time was that a computer booted up. I would like to be able to log when each boot up of a system takes place. The first I w...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

need help about find my iphone

this my frist post. frist say sorry . i dnot know this right section or wrong section. i have small business . i have web service for country unlock . i searching iphone found my iphone off service direct supplier for clean imei only. i serach web an...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Students Changing Admin Passwords

We have 11 inch MacBook Airs running Maverick. I've run across a few that student's have changed the ladmin password. I have terminal locked, I have installer blocked, system preferences blocked. I don't know how they are doing this. I attached a scr...  View more

• 19 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors