Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 10 kudos

Consolidating VPP IDs

I'm trying to prune the number of Apple IDs used to acquire VPP licenses. For the transition I am repurchasing the (usually free) licenses and then switching the account in the VPP tab of the app instance when the new licenses appear. When that is do...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Disable macOS from Auto updating

Hello Everyone, I know there are ways to get into the update tool via system preferences and disable the auto update process from running, but I can't find a definitive solution to do this in a script or some other tool for computers in labs, specifi...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

scheduled startup on MacBook not plugged in

Hello, When I use the scheduling feature in Energy Saver settings to set a time for iMacs and MacBooks to automatically start up at 7 am, I thought that for MacBooks, the scheduled startup will only occur when it's plugged in to prevents battery drai...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Catalina FV and Recovery Partition

In reading the Jamf 10.15 release notes I noticed the below line: "On FileVault encrypted computers with macOS 10.15 or later, you must enter the password or the recovery key of the FileVault enabled user to access the recovery partition." I understa...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Repush Voice Memo app if user deletes

So I need to repush both the stock voice memo app and apple books app to several users iPads. Unlike "Find My iPone" which allows for VPP licenses, those two stock apps don't seem to allow "purchasing" the free vpp codes. When I search the vpp portal...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

There has to be a better way

Hello all I inherited a combabulation in jamf!!! So the previous guy had grades 6-12 with managed apple ID's and had to enter each into the ipads every year. Is there an easier way to do this? I had to do it for this school year and I just can't beli...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

BSDPy do not work in MacOs with docker Container

Hello guys I would like to know why BSDPy do not work in MacOs with docker Container? hello, today i using in my space one NetSuS for providing to Net Install MacOs clients. But would better using docker. so, i using this script in ubuntu 18.04 with ...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Script to delete inactive accounts on computers

Hello everyone, I need help to create a new script and employ on my work. Can you help me? I need a script that removes a user account from all computers if the user has inactivity for maybe 30 days.I search about this task and only find removing fro...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

How to change Guest User PfP on fast user switching menu?

I’ve already managed to change the profile picture for Guest User on the log in screen successfully through /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/LoginUIKit.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/LoginUICore.framework/Versions/A/Resources/GuestUser.png But in t...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Jamf Cloud test enviornment

Hello World! So from my research I am not sure this is a thing, but I am looking to spin up a test instance through Jamf Cloud for test and training purposes. I am not looking for a trial addition, and we are already using Jamf Pro. Let me know if th...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Automatically Force App Updates

Hello, how does this feature work? I noticed that if I have this enabled, the said app deployed on the iPads are not actually being updated. Will this automatically update all scoped group of iPads for this certain app? Or will this only send an upda...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Managed Apple ID (ASM) Verification

We have no way of providing a phone number for verification text/call of a managed Apple ID in Apple School Manager. Is there any way around this? Many people do not want to use their personal phone numbers already tied to personal iCloud accounts an...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Upgrade from OS X 10.12 to OS X 10.14

We are having to upgrade from Sierra to Mojave. We have been tasked with trying to do this with little to no user interaction. The tests that we have run have failed. It seems that the Mojave installer stalls out. Here is the current workflow. My cur...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Script to run at startup of Mac Guest Account

Looking to have a script launch a TextEdit document or some kind of document with instructions for the guest user. This document will just let the user know about what services are available, any usernames or passwords they may need to access certain...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

iPad OS may break conditional access

Just heard about this notice from MS so I thought I'd pass along to those that may be implementing Jamf-Intune integration https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4521038/action-required-update-conditional-access-policies-for-ipados  View more

• 1 replies
  • 1 kudos

block macOS upgrade

has anyone been able to configure a restricted process to block the install of an macOS install? I know about the restring the process name by my screenshot that i've attached. ....but an easy way around this is changing the name of the "Install macO...  View more

427b88997f084c799e8ad6454143a9b4
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Enrolled in JAMF - iPads and PoE

Good Morning,Has anyone run into an issue with JAMF and iPads/oPad Minis powered by PoE?Once we enrolled and upgraded the iPads, the PoE begins resetting itself, and even get an error saying, "This accessory may not be supported."—All iPads are runni...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Mojave upgrade System Prefs grayed out

Hey all, I have been parsing JAMF Nation for an issue we are having after upgrading to Mojave from High Sierra.Inside System Preferences, there is a new icon "Software Update". This is greyed out even though the Configuration Profile is supposed to a...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Guest Account usage questions and examples.

Hey All, I am attempting to set up a few terminal machines throughout the building using the Guest account. Scenario: 3 iMacs with standard software, Adobe and Font software. Users will use these computers as opposed to issuing licenses for the small...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

TeamViewer Deployment

I am able to deploy TeamViewer and assign it for easy access, etc. However with Mojave and Catalina to be able to use the program manually I have to go to system preference – security & privacy – accessibility and check box to allow the teamviewer ap...  View more

• 13 replies
  • 2 kudos

Jamf binary and check in question

Hi All, So I am going back and forth with Jamf support about some issues i have been experiencing, and i get an interesting statement back.... given how the jamf binary is expected to execute; if there is no active user at any point during the 24 hou...  View more

• 10 replies
  • 0 kudos

Workplace Join - Jamf/Intune

How are you guys dealing with the workplace join keychain prompts all the time. If i choose Always Allow for a workplace join key, why does the same app prompt me. Why do all the apps prompt if I chose always allow? In addition. How have you communic...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 1 kudos

Self-Service Problem for one Account on one Mac

we are having an interesting case where it is not possible to log on to Self-Service from one account on one Mac. When someone is logged in to that account, it does not matter which account is used to log in to the Self-Service, we get a message 'Can...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Jamf Pro 10.15 - Cloud Upgrade Schedule

Hi Jamf Nation, We're excited to announce that the latest version of the Jamf Pro 10 series - Jamf Pro 10.15 - is now available! This is one of the biggest releases of the year and delivers support for Apple's new operating systems and new features l...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 6 kudos

Block Installing Programs

We just got a request to block users from being able to install programs on some public use Macs. My initial thought was someone set them up with admin rights but the account is a standard user. I though standard users could not install programs? The...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Local distribution point behind a firewall

All,I'd like to make my local distribution point available to users on the BYOD wifi. As far as I can tell from the documentation, clients use 443 to communicate with the local distribution point. I created a firewall rule to allow port 80 and 443 fr...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

AD Binding pull down certs?

Is there a way to have the certificates come down during bind? It seems that Centrify is able to do it and Windows devices do it, but when we bind the Mac using native tools they do not.  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors