Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.8.0 Beta is now available!

Hello Jamf Nation! The Jamf Pro 11.8.0 Beta Release features a number of exciting improvements and enhancements for managing your Apple devices. Starting with 11.8.0, Jamf Pro admins will be able to set a minimum OS for MacBooks, iPhones, and iPads t...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 6 kudos

ISo image - mac

I need to create a iso image of a mac for vmware. I have found several things on google creating an installer and then just rename it from .cdr to .iso. But everytime windows tell me afterwards the image is corrupted. Has someone knowledge how to cre...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Multiple MDM questions

Hi all, I'm setting up JAMF for the first time for our Mac's. We also have Intune for our phones, also being freshly setup. I was curious if anyone else does this. My question is should I be setting up a separate Apple DEP ID for our phones, or is th...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Logout all other users on Login

My problem is in my school system, children often leave their computer without logging off, so when the computer sleeps, the only person who can use the computer is that student. To combat this, we enabled fast user switching, but now we have another...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 1 kudos

Is System Image Utility going away with macOS Server?

Hello everyone, Does anyone know if System Image Utility will be dropped alongside most, if not all, of macOS Server in a future release? (Details: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT208312) I've already setup a Linux VM running NetSUS and that seems ...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Self Service was unexpectedly terminated

Hello everyone, we have the following problem with the self service: After moving the JSS server to Linux, the self service crashes on all Macs (10.10.5).Here's what I've done:Self Service uninstalled with sudo /usr/local/bin/jamf removeFramework.The...  View more

• 11 replies
  • 0 kudos

Patch Management logs showing Date/Time : NaN minutes ago

In Patch Management logs the Date/Time entry shows NaN minutes ago. Anybody else having this problem? I remember that we never had a correct date time in Patch Management in previous Jamf Versions before. Since now no Jamf updates corrected this issu...  View more

7d0a1c74d4294863b8fbc7b830a5f4bf
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudos

AD Cache profile syncing

Has anyone figured out how to sync the cache profile with ad? Our company policy for passwords to expires every 60 days is starting to create a lot of tickets. I was thinking maybe doing something with a launch agent.  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Uninstall Citrix

I am trying create a policy to uninstall Citrix Receiver on my macs. Unable to add uninstall.app into jamf admin due to error message "not being support in Jamf Admin". I little experience creating scripts. Trying to create script but unable get scri...  View more

• 9 replies
  • 0 kudos

Configuration profiles - finder prefs

Looking to use configuration profiles under “app configuration” to edit user Plists to enforce: Tap to clickShow scroll barsShow Path- what Plist controls all of these? Was thinking of pasting into BBEDIT and trying to make a config profile All in fi...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Disk Image Stays Mounted on User Accounts

Hello, Trying to figure out why this is happening. User goes into Self Service and downloads Adobe Flash Player. The file is in .dmg format. The mounted disk image for Adobe Flash doesn't appear on the users desktop but if you sign out and sign in as...  View more

• 11 replies
  • 0 kudos

Adobe CC 2018 Suite in a lab environment?

Our lab systems (10.12.6) have local homes and are bound to AD, but we redirect the following folders to an SMB network share using a login script: DocumentsDownloadsMoviesMusicPictures Therefore, the users' Desktop and Library folders stay on local ...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Change Password for Managed Account

Hey everyone, We want to start a cadence of changing our localadmin password and I'm torn on the best way to do it, hoping to get some insight. Currently we have a Management Account setup in User-Initiated Enrollment, if I change the password there ...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Apple MDM Enrollment down?

Noticed when trying to enroll a new laptop using DEP that it did not go through our Prestage enrollment. Tried to remove the laptop from the Prestage's scope and got the following message. When going directly to https://mdmenrollment.apple.com , I ge...  View more

66bfbe0182b74e17886cad0759618f49
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

FileVault 2 Recovery Key Device Key

I searched but I couldn't find any info. Does anyone know why there is a second entry on the FileVault 2 tab of the Management section of a computer record in the JSS (i.e. when you are trying to view your personal key?) FILEVAULT 2 RECOVERY KEY DEVI...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Apple Classroom, several teachers per iPad?

We've had good success using Apple Classroom functionality, but not configuration. Our iPads are not one-to-one, even for faculty. We're hoping use Classroom in faculty-reservable labs. The deployed student units are configured for Shared iPad, we're...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 1 kudos

Speed up FileVault 2

So I have FileVault encryption set to occur after a user login but it seems to say "Over a day" then several hours for encryption when our old Sierra machines imaged via monolithic imaging took minutes. What could be the cause?  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Getting Apple Updates to deploy

I'm struggling to get Apple Updates to deploy such as Mac OS and Mac App Store Apps. I realize OS and Apps are two different monsters. For OS, I'll hold off for now and just focus on Mac App Store Apps. I have created a ticket that's currently on hol...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 1 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors