Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 7 kudos

macOS Sierra - Re-download

Hi All, Not sure if someone had already commented or previously posted this, so apologise in advance. So as some of you will know, Apple stopped tying Apple IDs to macOS Sierra or High Sierra downloads, in the Mac App Store purchased tab. And wouldn'...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 1 kudos

Keychain issue

Hello all, I know it's not directly related to Jamf, however, I have a user that ONLY experiences outlook issues with his keychain once he's on campus. He does not experience this at him. Do you guys have any ideas?  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

App Store High Sierra is now a partial download

To upgrade our clients to High Sierra we used to- push High Sierra.app via VPP to all eligible clients- have a smart group that monitors if a device has the installer- a policy scoped on that group that runs the installer. Since last week the policy ...  View more

9e38bebecc954fd2bc89fedcab6275a8
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

System Keychain Wiped

Hi everyone, Some of our students are having this issues where their system keychain is empty, hence they cannot access the internet due to missing SSL inspection certificate. The cert is pushed through config profiles, the profiles is still installe...  View more

• 14 replies
  • 0 kudos

MS Office 365 and Activation

Hello Everyone, Sorry if this is a duplicate, but we are in a little bit of a panic state. Previously, we have been installing Office 2016 for Mac along with a license key via the serialization file installation mentioned in many other places. This h...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Payload-Free-Package-Creator 10.13.1 Compatible?

Since Script is not an option yet for JP10 Patch Management. I'd like to utilize Mr. Rich's Payload-Free-Package-Creator and use Adobe Reader DC and Pro Update Scripts (Kudo's to all of you for these wonderfull scripts!). Will this work and May I ask...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Selfhost vs Jamf Cloud.....Thoughts?

Hello all, We are looking at the possibility of moving our on prem instance to Jamf Cloud. I was wondering if anyone out there has any input on the good, the bad and/or the ugly. Our core IT department is only 4 people, so the appeal of Jamf handling...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

How do K-12 manage app data?

For 2 years now we have managed our iPads and apps through device based assignments in the JSS. However it has been my understanding that local app data, such as projects in iMovie, do not back up and restore along with the app. How are school distri...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Crowdstrike Falcon - does it blend?

I noticed Crowdstrike Falcon was added to Third Party Products. It was added by @pingebrigtsen who works for the company. Is anyone using it? Asking because there are no discussions about it on this forum. Zero. Nada. Zilch. Did you replace another s...  View more

33c1fc3a66564d7e88a2053d3879f16f
  • 34 replies
  • 3 kudos

install iOS 11.2 beta on iPad that is locked

Is there a way to install iOS 11.2 beta on an iPad that is stuck in lost mode? This iPad is not able to get out of the lost mode from the JSS commands. I believe I have the beta profile on this iPad but it is my understanding that one needs to tap on...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Mozilla Firefox ESR update script

Another thing I worked on today as a little personal project.Again, stolen adapted from Joe Farage's Firefox update script, this does the same thing but for the ESR (Extended Support Release) edition, as we're more of an ESR shop.Unfortunately, ESR i...  View more

• 9 replies
  • 1 kudos

Adobe Acrobat Pro DC update script

Just wanted to share something I got working today in my Friday afternoon Google Time.This is stolen "adapted" from Joe Farage's Reader updating script, but designed to update Acrobat Pro DC. #!/bin/sh ################################################...  View more

• 21 replies
  • 2 kudos

Jamf Pro 10.1 Beta Now Available!

Now that Jamf Pro 10 has been released, we are moving to more frequent and smaller releases to deliver value to you more often. Our next 10 series release will focus on fixing bugs, improving performance, and delivering enhancements to programs like ...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 13 kudos

Jamf Pro 10, yay or nay?

I've been watching the Jamf Pro 10 threads (there's a lot fewer than I thought there would be). I don't have a formal test environment so my own testing is pretty limited. I haven't seen anything that would be production halting. Some performance tee...  View more

• 22 replies
  • 0 kudos

iPad Out

I have an older iPad that was returned to our school after we deleted all the older iPads from the JSS. The serial is DMQMV18BFK10I don't see it in the JSS, or in PreStage or in Apple DEP. How can I re-add this to DEP? Is there an easier way to do th...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Installing FileVault from policy on High Sierra.

We have a bunch of old non DEP Mac's that when we install HS 10.13.1, we are unable to kick off FileVault through any policy. It tell us it's going to do it but never does. The policy completes successfully and in the history we get: FileVault is Off...  View more

• 26 replies
  • 1 kudos

Lock Mac if not check in X number of days.

Every JAMF environment I've managed, we always have about 10% of the Macs go AWOL. The reasons vary and with a mobile work force things happen. We woud like to have the Mac self-lock if it hasn't checked in to JAMF within X number of days. Our Macs a...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

iPad clients on iOS 11.x unable to auto join SSID

JSS: 9.101iPads: Mini2iOS: 11.x Our iPads are set up with a WiFi payload to auto-join an open SSID ( Meraki ) Everything else seems to be working OK ( app pushes,etc ) ; this worked without issue last year on iOS 9/10. Seems the problem may have aris...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Filevault Recovery Partition script

I have been tasked to discover which of our mac estate has a recovery partition remotely. I would like to send a terminal command in order to obtain the Machost name and run diskutil list in order to check if one is in place. Can anyone assist with s...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

macOS 10.12.6 Screensaver at Login Window

Hey there! Lately, we have noticed that our macs are not consistently using a login window screensaver after 15 minutes, as set by a config profile in JSS. We have also noticed that sometimes if a mac is freshly restarted, then it will get a screensa...  View more

4e597c0d17f34e6a984a285140588b8c
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Missing the "sort"

Just upgraded to JAMFpro v10.0, and I'm some how missing a feature that was present in v9.101. I'll search for an asset. Click the "management" tab. Click "Computer Groups" in the left column.But I cannot click the "Name" label at the top of the list...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 1 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors