Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 4 kudos

test JSS and a caspershare

I am trying to set up a test JSS for trials. I believe I have the server set up and working, but I can't make a connection to the caspershare from Casper Admin. I tried to duplicate my production caspershare on my test server by using Casper Admin to...  View more

3b73c27af4b146cebcd15e31f94daa16
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Random machines not checking in

We've got approx 50 machines which have stopped checking in (approximately 30 days ago) I've read other threads but none seem to match this issue. running sudo jamf manage and sudo jamf policy on an affected machine gives the below results; Checking ...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Uncheck Share Printer

Hi All, I need assistance with deploying a printer with the Uncheck Share Printer. I have done some of the suggestions mention on other posts such as: https://jamfnation.jamfsoftware.com/featureRequest.html?id=1846 https://jamfnation.jamfsoftware.com...  View more

56b674d779fc49a295964344d3e2f47a
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Install CS6 from DMG Script not working

Just wondering if anyone else has had problems with this? I have updated the script to point to the new JAMF binary location (/usr/local/jamf instead of /usr/sbin/jamf) but it fails and only gives me the message 'installation has failed - contact you...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Scripting Language preference

In two weeks I am will be in the CCT course and I am currently getting my feet wet with Casper. I've spent many hours reading discussions here and i've come across a lot of different ways things can get done. I've seen BASH, Perl, Ruby, Python, and A...  View more

• 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

logging password in the clear

i'm currently running a script to have existing FileVault2 users key kept by the JSS. Here is the script i'm using... !/bin/bash ######################################################################################## # Description This script was de...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

User Initiated Enrollment with LDAP and Chrome

I am getting very mixed results with User Initiated LDAP enrollment on Chrome. Sometimes it works and authentication passes through, sometimes it does not. When credentials do pass through, sometimes the downloading screen spins and a download is nev...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

802.1x machine-based authentication - configuration

I'm trying to setup 802.1X Wireless using Configuration Profiles and machine-based auth using root CA certificates. I decided to create a new Certificate Template in AD-CS based on the one we use for our Windows laptops, but this time with the ‘Servi...  View more

• 10 replies
  • 0 kudos

Customizing the Description for Self Service Items

Once of the complaints we've gotten about Self Service is that when selecting printers, its really difficult to know when the printer exists. We use the description field to give details on the whereabouts but I'm thinking of ways to make it easier f...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Yosemite Upgrade issue....

So where working on upgrading our 10.8 and 10.9 machines to 10.10. I packaged up the installer and in testing it's been working well. The method I've used is the following:1) Check the encryption status on the machine. Should be encrypted with PGP.2)...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Help with a script

I have a script that I'm running that installs new certificates into keychain. The only issue I'm running into is that it prompts the user for local admin credentials when we remove the old configuration profile and when it adds the new configuration...  View more

• 13 replies
  • 0 kudos

Frequent Invalid Path Errors on Some Machines

I've been pushing out Office 2016 updates since it came out, and while it hasn't always been smooth, it's been just fine. Lately(post 9.81) I've started seeing an absurd increase in invalid path errors. Here's an example from OneNote: Executing Polic...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

"brand" my JSS

I saw during one of the demo's at JNUC this year someone had added custom logo's to their JSS icons (not necessarily self service). Was that something they did manually or is there a way to brand my JSS that I'm unaware of?  View more

• 18 replies
  • 0 kudos

El Capitan Policies Not Running in JSS 9.81

Hey Everyone, I currently have a ticket opened about this but I figured I'd ask about it as well. For some reason, I cannot run any policies from Self Service while running El Capitan. I get an error in the logs: Mon Oct 19 12:44:15 EUC-13MBP-L13 jam...  View more

• 9 replies
  • 0 kudos

Start Up Disk Full

I keep getting Mac users that are getting the Start up disk is almost full message. When I look at the Storage tab in About this mac I am seeing around 50 to 80 gb if space being used by "Other". I tried using a program called daisy disc to help find...  View more

• 12 replies
  • 0 kudos

JNUC 2016 Ideas

Thanks to everyone who came to Minneapolis last week to create the best JNUC ever! While the event is still fresh in everyone's mind, we'd love to hear your ideas for making it even bigger and better next year. Also, thanks again to the presenters wh...  View more

• 41 replies
  • 0 kudos

IBM @Mac - Why not BigFix?

Having some time to sit and think about the sessions from last week, I'm curious why IBM didn't go with their Bigfix tool that they are pushing? We get asked regularly, when we are going to enroll our Macs into BF, and it's really interesting that IB...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

IBMs Enrollment Screen Recreated

Hi all, Like many, I wanted my very own enrollment screen like the one IBM showed at the JNUC. I threw something together that works very similarly. This is a native app written in swift. I did try and make it easily editable for anyone to use and cu...  View more

• 137 replies
  • 0 kudos

wonky errors on user-level configuration profiles

I've been trying to push out some configuration profiles to a freshly imaged mac lab. The only thing in the profile is a few webclips that are supposed to show up on the dock. I'm having this problem at all of our labs but this lab specifically I log...  View more

b7596091ffd347c0aae12f24289e3152
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

JavaScript for Automation (JXA) Scripting Support?

Hi all,I was wondering what the level of integration and support of Javascript (JXA, introdcued with Yosemite) for Scripting in Casper is.Everything I have seen so far mostly talks about using bash/shell scripts. Is it possible to use Javascript inst...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

El Capitan and Self Service

Hi Folks, First off, we have El Capitan being blocked from being installed. I believe laptop users are taking them home and being able to bypass this. I am double checking this later today. With that being said, I have a handful of El Capitan Macs th...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

newly enrolled 1K's of plugins

Did a brief search, sorry for possible dbl post. New to JAMF and Casper, but each time we enroll a new Mac it shows nearly 200K plugins. Any advise on how to quickly lower this number? Or is this just the beginning of a long process of slowly figurin...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Adobe InDesign fails after Update

I know it's not JAMF, but since I want to push out updates I thought I'd ask here... When I run Adobe Update (RUM, or the GUI), I get a message when I try to launch InDesign. "Cannot load Adobe InDesign CC 2014 because it requires version 10.2 or lat...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Web Page in Self Service OS

Last year I added some web pages that were displayed as part of self service, homepage, SIS login for student. I removed them to clean it up, much to my surprise the students missed them and just thought self service was broke. I can't remember how t...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors