Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 4 kudos

Dockutil not executing command

Hey everyone, I am new to Dockutil and am having an issue running the script while imaging. The laptops being imaged are 10.11.3 MacBook Airs and Pros. What I want out of Dockutil is to add Google Chrome and Slack to newly imaged docks. I have create...  View more

• 18 replies
  • 0 kudos

Sending Notifcations

We have some mission critical service upgrades that are happening tomorrow and in addition to sending multiple emails, we'd like to remind people by sending notifications to their laptops multiple times a day. I remember seeing how to do this somewhe...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Casper Tools uninstall

Does anyone have a script to uninstall Casper Tools from a system? I have a few systems out in the field that that have older versions of one or more of the application(s) and would like to simply remove all traces of it. Thanks in advance!  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Pop-up On Boot?

Hi Chaps, We have login in text, I have no just been given a fill disclaimer to add to each mac before they log in, its way too much to have on the screens, looks messy as it no longer centers and its a scroller now! So - Is there a way off setting u...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Policy Search....

I'd like to run a report that lists the last time a policy was run. I'd like to clear old / unused policies and thought this would be a good way of determining 'used recently' and 'NOT' Ideas?  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Recurring Check-In fails, Self Serve installs fine

So I’m pushing out Citrix Receiver 12.1, unadulterated vendor package. Installs perfectly fine from Self Service. Once I flip the very same policy to install at recurring check-in, it “fails” every single time. However, most annoyingly, the failure i...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Customized Screen Saver in El Capitan. Config profile?

Hi everyone: For years I've been creating a "customized" version of the Computer Name (or Message) screen saver by replacing the file /System/Library/Frameworks/ScreenSaver.framework/Versions/A/Resources/Computer Name.saver/Contents/Resources/ScreenS...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

deploy adblock plus

is it possible to deploy adblock plus to Chrome, Firefox and Safari via Casper? if so, how would you go about doing it? I want it to be active for all users who log into the computers.Just create a package for it and deploy it? or is it a different p...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Outlook 2016 Spotlight Cache Enormous

Hope I can find someone to help with this issue. I am at my wits end. Machine StatsMac Pro Late 2013El Cap 10.11.32.7 12 Core Xeon E564 GB of RAM512 GB SSDOutlook 15.18 I have a user that has a 200GB local mail archive (trust me, not by my choice) or...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Clustered JSS servers & Split DNS

Is anyone out there who has a cluster of (2) JSS servers (LAN/DMZ) and also uses Split DNS? I need to pick your brain regarding configurations. Simple question, but rather hard to articulate.  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Chrome and Photos crash after automatic update

I have iPads running through Casper JSS. I have the apps setup to update overnight (if there is any update) but for some reason Google Chrome and Google Photos crash after updating and running their latest versions and it only happens to those two ap...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Staffing for Apple Support question

I'm curious how many of you staff support for your Apple based products and services. I work at a community college in Illinois where we have about 3000 devices we support(give or take). Of that there are 171 Macs and 94 mobile iOS devices plus 5 App...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

VPP for Free Mac apps

So we just upgraded to 9.82 and I am on the fence about using VPP to push Mac OS OneDrive to our users... Has anybody done this with any free app? Did it work? Issues? I am guessing that I am going to need about 1,000 or so in VPP Thanks C  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Casper Focus in multiple locations

Hi Everyone!!! We're attempting to use Casper Focus in 15 buildings with a single JSS. Needless to say, it didn't go horribly well. Is it possible to Casper Focus per location? Has anyone done this with any success?  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Issue with backup of JSS

For some reason after an upgrade I am now getting the attached picture as an error message. Any help would be great. Many thanks  View more

c35e43953583495b80a39fc893b7487c
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Documenting policies

Hey Guys, Does anyone document their policies so that other members of the support team have a reference to what each policy does?If so, how do you document, do you use any particular software/app to do this? Thanks  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Whats the URL for Internet Recovery

Hi, Does anyone has idea what url does the Mac OS goes to when we try to do the Internet Recovery? I am planning to test this in my company and see if it can work. Need to by pass this url in proxy so that Mac can connect to it.Thanks in advance.  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Computer Name - Please Explain

Hey Community, Can someone enlighten me on the following: Computer Name Host Name Local Host Name Computer ID - under AD binding If I recall correctly the Computer ID ties into Host Name. If I recall correctly the Local Host Name will automatically c...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Script arguments for flags?

I have a script that identifies arguments by flags using case-switch logic instead of position, ignoring irrelevant flags. I'm assuming when provisioning this script in JAMF, that I would just set parameter 4 to the first flag, followed by its value ...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors