Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.4.0 Beta is now available

Hello Jamf Nation! This release is in support of the Apple Spring release. We have several exciting new features including beta MDM support for Apple Vision Pro, Self Service initial app detection, Support Digital Market Act app restriction, and more...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 1 kudos

Slow AD User Logins w/ 10.7.X

Is anyone experiencing consistent 5+ minute delay on logins for machines bound to Win AD 2008 R2 on Lion only? ML does not seem to have this issue. We've regressed the issue to the point that it might be caused by some configuration issue when using ...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Free Mac App Store apps requiring Apple ID sign in

I am really confused on this one. I have deployed 5 apps from the Mac App store. All are free. I used composer snapshots to package all of them. But only 2 of them work properly. The other three fail to launch, instead bringing up the "sign in with y...  View more

• 33 replies
  • 0 kudos

apple configurator 1.2

with the 1.2 update now comes this popup box when trying to use it Could not find supervision certificate. Does anyone know what this means...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Stop admin users from change name and accounts?

HiI am pretty new working with mac and now I have run into I problem. All my users are admin (don’t ask me why) and they are making my life hard by changing their computer names and creating local accounts. So, im working on a script that runs at log...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Auto populate location data in inventory from LDAP

I have LDAP set-up to pull in Room from AD. To make it apply, I have to go to inventory>Details>Location>Click the ellipsis>Click the blue magnifying glass, and then the attribute are populated, Save, for each record. Can this be achieved automatical...  View more

• 21 replies
  • 0 kudos

User account permission post-imaging

Hi All, We're starting to partition our macs so 1/3 is a SYSTEM partition, 2/3 USERS partition. Post imaging, i'd like to correct the permissions on all the user accounts present.. I've done most of the script (below), but i think i'm setting the per...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

MCX refreshing oddities

HI all, I am experimenting with a number of MCX's in 10.8 (yeah yeah, use config profiles. I'm using MCX for some things, deal). I've made several changes to a few MCXs, the screen saver lock MCX we have, for example. Originally I had it set as this:...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

How do I capture a variable but ignore standard error?

Hey all, I'm working on a script to rename permissions on accounts moved from Open Directory to Active Directory. As part of the checks (while loop logic) to see if the account exists I am querying AD for the GUID of the account: /usr/bin/dscl /Activ...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Deploy and Launch an App

Hi, we need to package 2 files (pdf and a video file) but once packaged we need to deploy this to our Macs. How is that done with Casper? When I look at our JAMF Web Site I only see a few Macs showing up. I know we have more but I don't think they ar...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

SWUpdate, Patch Management & 10.6 Machines...

We've got Reposado hosting our internal software updates for clients, while our 10.7 and 10.8 clients have no problem with patch management, our remaining 10.6 machines are failing with the policy. The policy has "Set Server" and "Install All Softwar...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Enact policy only for AD Users

We currently have local accounts and AD accounts on our laptops. Is there anyway to have a policy enact based on a smart group that will only enact the policy just for AD users? I am sure that this will have to be scripted-just don't know where to st...  View more

• 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

Login Window Profile

Hi all, I'm trying to understand Profiles > Login Window > Options > Enable Automatic LoginWhich I currently have un-ticked and scoped to all computers in the JSS. So I understand this to read "Do not do Automatic Login". Am I correct in reading that...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

How to delete user preferences for a single user

Hi, recently had a new install of Mac network and on one machine a policy isn't running for the user. The policy is set for certain users on all machines. I have logged in with a few users that are in the same group and the dmg works as it should. Bu...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Failed Package Install

We currently have a couple iMacs that fail to install packages with the error ... Install failed: The Installer encountered an error that caused the installation to fail. Contact the software manufacturer for assistance. It seems that the failure hap...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Quickest Route to Core OS?

In InstaDMG I could leverage the InstallESD.dmg files obtained directly through Mac App Store to serve as my core OS build. Casper/Composer appears to want an actual "imaged" drive with core customizations. I'd rather use default Apple install packag...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Delay Login Window

I'm trying to delay the appearance of the login window at startup in 10.8.2 I've tried defaults write /Library/Preferences/com.apple.loginwindow StartupDelay -int 60 And I've messed with the time but it doesn't really seem to work. I have some script...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Malware in AUSST files!!

Thanks to Sophos their AV flagged this up. You need to re download the updates again fully (option 1) not incremental http://www.adobe.com/support/security/advisories/apsa12-01.html  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Netinstall 10.8 Server

does anyone know how to create a netinstall image for 10.7 or 10.8? this is not supported by jamf, and i need a 10.7 or higher image for my macbook air's with thunderbolt-gigabit ethernet adapter. i currently use netboot, but prefer netinstall by far...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Profiles, Payloads and, Scope

I was wondering how other people are doing these things. I am currently setting up a single profile payload for each section that I want to manage. So examples would be, I have one profile for Network, one for VPN, one for Login Items, one for Login ...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Apple Configurator 1.2 Update Available

Yesterday Apple released an Apple Configurator update. Here is a listing of changes: This update improves overall stability and performance, and includes the following: Support for new iOS 6 features (Lock to App and Global HTTP Proxy) on supervised ...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Restrict clients off Guest network.

I was looking I thought I saw a script to restrict a user off of a ssid we are having too many teachers connecting to our guest network and I would like a script to push out on Casper to restrict them off our guest network help!  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

How do you log into self service?

How do you log into self service? Trying to get the limit by groups mechanism to work properly and when a policy is enabled on all machines and scoped to specific groups it still isnt visible under Self Service unless i remove the AD Group. Any ideas...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Adobe CS5.5 Uninstall Script

I'm having limited success using the Uninstaller.pkg created with AAMEE and the Adobe Cleaner Tool does not eliminate all of the necessary folders/files associated with the programs. With CS4, I used the RemoveCS4 script available in the JAMF Resourc...  View more

• 24 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors