Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.8.0 Beta is now available!

Hello Jamf Nation! The Jamf Pro 11.8.0 Beta Release features a number of exciting improvements and enhancements for managing your Apple devices. Starting with 11.8.0, Jamf Pro admins will be able to set a minimum OS for MacBooks, iPhones, and iPads t...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 6 kudos

Installing Chrome extensions via Self Service

In our educational environment, we use our web filter to block any access to the Chrome store (for purpose of blocking game installs), but this unfortunately also blocks the installation of the many useful extensions within the Chrome store. Has anyo...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Casper Imaging delay contacting JSS?

We upgraded from 8.52 to 8.64 this week. All is well except when we netboot, when casper imaging (8.64) launches, it sits while trying to communicate to https://jss.company.com:8443 (I forget exact verbage). It sits there for maybe 30 seconds on a gi...  View more

• 20 replies
  • 0 kudos

Disabling Dictionary Lookup

I was wondering if anyone knows of a way of remotely disabling Lion/Mountain Lion's dictionary lookup gesture. I tried changing the value TrackpadThreeFingerTapGesture found within com.apple.driver.AppleBluetoothMultitouch.trackpad to 0 but it still ...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

10.8 as a vm?

Are we allowed to do this? I can't find any documentation from Apple to say we cant. http://partnerweb.vmware.com/GOSIG/MacOSX_10_8.html  View more

• 19 replies
  • 0 kudos

Temporary admin using self service.

I know there has been many discussions around giving people temporary admin. I build two scripts, one will give the user admin access and create a plist. The plist will kick off 30 minutes after it is added by the first script. The plist will run a m...  View more

• 34 replies
  • 2 kudos

Script to find paused printers

We've experienced some trouble with our smb printers pausing, and would like a way to be alerted when they do. I've got a potential fix in place, but with hundreds of computers, located in several different buildings, it's hard to know if the problem...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Policy Scope Exclusion?

Is there anyway, for policies, to scope an exclusion list? IE: I'd like to have FV2 encryption deployed to all machines EXCEPT a select group/smart group. Thanks  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

OS X 10.8.3 and SelfService.app 8.62

We recently had a user upgrade his MacBook Air to OS X 10.8.3 (from 10.8.2). After the upgrade, policies in SelfService would fail immediately. There have been no Policy Logs captured for the failed events. I had the user reinstall the 8.62 QuickAdd....  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Kill jamf process temporarily?

Hello! I am collecting some logs for a vendor for troubleshooting purposes. There are a lot of jamf logs from the every-15 check-ins. Is there any way that I can temporarily kill the jamf process for my login session on a single machine so that I can...  View more

• 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

Hide Hidden Files Script

Goal : Create a script to hide hidden files to be delivered by a policy Attempt: Created a text files and entered the following defaults write com.apple.finder AppleShowAllFiles FALSEkillall Finder Renamed to .sh Does not seem to take. What am I miss...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Back to the mothership

Some of you may have heard inklings about it, but I've left Fidelity and am going back to Apple as a Systems Engineer in Enterprise sales. So, while I may not be on The Nation as heavily, some of you may end up as my customers. I would still like to ...  View more

• 25 replies
  • 0 kudos

Setup Assistant without renaming

We have been using a pre-stage image to image several new machines for staff, during which time we have set the Computer name to reflect our school asset tags. Unfortunately, when the machine is finished and runs the user through the setup assistant,...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

"Minimum network connection" setting in Polices

We are getting ready to deploy CS6 to some remote computers, and there is a local distribution point. We are setting Minimum network connection to Ethernet since we don't want to push over Wi-Fi. I combed through the Casper Admin guide and sifted thr...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Checkin hangs?

I have seen this error on several machines in our environment. It will make the machine almost completely unresponsive giving only the pinwheel. I have seen the delay be anywhere from 10- 15 seconds to 600 - 800 seconds. Please advise. 3/27/13 11:16:...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

3Tb iMacs + Bootcamp - a primer/warning

Hi Folks, I've been tasked with trying to implement Bootcamp on the new 3Tb hard drive iMacs that are now available. As you're all probably aware, putting Bootcamp on these computers wasn't supported by Apple until 10.8.3 comes out. Apple had two sep...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

MDM OTA Enrollment - DNS Redirect?

Hello all, We are trying set up a DNS redirect for our Casper enrollment page for mobile devices. We are having some trouble with the CNAME DNS entry. It won't take as the port number is specified in the URL. Here is what we have currently: https://c...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Authorized Computers with Apple ID's

We're starting to have some issues with our district apple id's getting used to authorize computers. So when 5 have been authorized, we can't get our provisional nodes authorized therefore no apps can get installed from Configurator onto the iPads. J...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Delaying or canceling policies

Hey all, I'm trying to get a way to give the end user the option of canceling a policy (so I can have it prompt again tomorrow), or a selectable delay time before it installs (30, min 60, min, 2 hours ...) I thought the Jamfhelper would do this since...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Manage your JSS Server or Not?

Quick question, new to Casper Suite... We are running our JSS on a Mac mini. I haven't managed it, because I wasn't sure if that was a best practice. What do folks who run their JSS on Macs do? Do you manage it? I'd like to be able to have the Invent...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Composer - Source files not displayed

Hi All - I've been having intermittent issues with Composer related to not being able to view the source files contained in a package. For example, I have a .pkg which simply copies plist files into the preferences directory. The package works fine, ...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

[OT] Lingon X is out

Just posted this to the Third-Party Products page. Lingon X was released a while back, just getting around to posting it. https://jamfnation.jamfsoftware.com/viewProduct.html?id=237&view=info Lingon X lets you create/edit/save launchd Launch Daemons ...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors