Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 10 kudos

NetSUS and Updates policy.

I have a NetSUS install on an Ubunutu VM, and everything appears to be working fine. I've manually run the repo_sync command and everything syncs fine, I have new updates downloaded this month. In the webadmin of the NetSUS, I have created a root bra...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Smart Group to identify Mail.app users

Hello AllOur organization would like to restrict the use of personal email accounts on our network. Outlook is, and should be the default/only mail client being utilized. I know I can select third party clients from the inventory on installed applica...  View more

• 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

Policy remains as pending

I am having an issue with a policy that launches the script below. I grabbed bits and pieces from some other great script ideas out here! The issue is that when enacted and the computer restarts the policy is still shows as enabled and not completed....  View more

• 13 replies
  • 0 kudos

HTTP Distribution Woes

For many versions of Casper in the last 5 years we have intermittent errors when downloading packages via http. The new one is this: Downloading Java8Update51.pkg...Downloading https://xxx.xxx.org/CasperShare/Packages/Java8Update51.pkg...Error: Java8...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

jamfds inventory and now ssh gets a connection refused

On the JDS CentOS 7 box I am developing I started a:nohup jamfds inventory & I think this will inventory all the dmg and other packages that I secure copied across from the Mac Mini Casper JSS to the new JDS CentOS 7 box. After running the command I ...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Running Apple Updates that require a restart

Hi everyone, We're working on some automated patching workflows over here for Apple Software Updates. One question that came up is what to do with shared machines (i.e. laptop carts) that are only online when they're being used by students. We instal...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Option Greyed out - JAMFCLOUD

Hi All,Sorry for the stupid questions but im using it for the first time.I've just signed up for the 4 day trial, i managed to load my mobile config file but apart from that all my options are greyed out. Is there any setup guide for the cloud versio...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

JSS Database Utility: Change MySQL Settings greyed out

Im running JSS on a Windows platform and within the JSS Database Utility the Change MySQL Settings greyed out under the utilities drop down menu. I researched and have seen a solution for mac hosted environments but was unable to find one for Windows...  View more

• 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

Regenerate Self Service Icons

Hi guys, I have about 500 apps in my mobile self service catalog, and many of them are obsolete or jagged because they pre-date retina iPads. Is there an easy way to reload them? The only method that occurs to me is to delete them from the app catalo...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

VPP and LDAP - Can't remove Limitation - bug?

We are deploying VPP to LDAP OUs by targeting "All Users" and using the Limitations to restrict to particular Active Directory OUs (as described in multiple threads). I am trying to update the limitations. I am able to add additional OUs, but unable ...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

OS upgrades and potential disk errors

Gearing up to do hundreds of OS upgrades from Self Serve and/or via Casper Remote. We haven't pushed major version upgrades with Casper before, but I've got a createOSXinstallPkg that's working just fine. With some of my tests I've run a disk util ve...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Multiple User Codes for Printing

We have a client that has been having an issue with people going a little nuts with the color printing, and as such we've implemented user codes on the printer so we can at least determine who the culprit is. However, this requires having a user code...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Default Dock Setup For Each AD User That Logs In

Still very new to Casper and the scripting aspects of getting everything to work. I am working on a new Yosemite base and the setup that follows. Right now, I am stuck on setting up the Dock. Have read many posts here on this, not sure if all apply t...  View more

• 14 replies
  • 0 kudos

ARD Port 3283 Scan?

I have recently worked with a team to deploy a new NAC solution in our company. We are using ForeScout's CounterACT. http://goo.gl/Og4iEv One thing that CounterACT has noticed is that many of my Macs will randomly scan other Macs for port 3283 (ARD)....  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Yosemite as a gateway, where is NAT?!

Hello: I was referred here by an Apple employee in hopes that I could resolve an issue I'm having. I am using an OS X server as a gateway as well as a server and when I upgraded to Yosemite I learned that NAT was no longer part of the sever suite. I ...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Always Show Scrollbars in Yosemite 10.10.4

Hi there, I am trying to find a way to set scrollbars to "Always show" using a policy/sudo code/script etc. I've tried the following, but it does not seem to be working: sudo defaults write NSGlobalDomain AppleShowScrollBars -string “Always” Any help...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

IBM/ JAMF partnership

Seen this? https://www-03.ibm.com/press/us/en/pressrelease/47386.wss I guess for us guys that work in the Enterprise we might as well get hired by IBM now as I can't see many business hire us as in house Casper experts. IBM now have a one stop Mac sh...  View more

• 30 replies
  • 0 kudos

1st Line, 2nd Line, 3rd Line Mac issues list

Guys, I am trying to compile a list of issues that would be considered 1st Line, 2nd Line, 3rd Line in a Mac environment for management. I think they want to see how things are divided up and for future training purposes of IT Staff. BUT since I work...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Issue with Wi-Fi on Mac clients On Our Site

Hi All, We have a bunch of unmanaged Macs on one of our sites that we are looking to manage soon, but at the moment we are having constant issues with connectivity dropping off and being very inconsistent. We have narrowed it down to the following pa...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors