Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 4 kudos

Mac Security when Traveling to China

My company is increasing travel back and forth to China. I've read a lot about the PRC deploying spyware to machines. How are you mitigating this when the laptop returns to your office? I know we're not the only company dealing with this and any advi...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Installing Citrix and a Configuration file

I'm wondering if anyone is deploying Citrix via policy or using Casper Remote and how they handle the installation with a configuration file so that it has the storeurl and everything already setup when a user opens it for the first time. Is anyone d...  View more

• 10 replies
  • 0 kudos

How to update JSS Built in CA?

Hello everyone, Currently testing moving my JSS to a new box, with a new DNS and I would like to update the built in CA. Old JSS: jss.domain.extra.com:8443New JSS: casper.domain.com:8443 TomCat has been updated to reflect casper.domain.com I currentl...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Negatives of supervising iOS devices via DEP?

We're going to be moving to using DEP soon in my environment, previously iPads were not supervised due to having to use configurator, but now that there is the ability to do it via DEP, I was wanting to revisit the idea.Are there any major negatives ...  View more

• 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

Papercut Deployment in Enterprise/BYOD Environment

Hi All, We are midway through a Papercut implementation project and I am interested in seeing how others are deploying and managing in their environment.We are a Pre K -12 School with the following fleets: School-owned 1:4 classroom iPads BYO iPads f...  View more

• 9 replies
  • 0 kudos

Office for Mac 2011 SP1 - Unable to deploy

I'm trying to roll out Office for Mac 2011 SP1 aka 14.1, but keep getting the below error when I check the logs for the policy: installer: Package name is Office 2011 14.1.0 Updateinstaller: Certificate used to sign package is not trusted. Use -allow...  View more

• 18 replies
  • 0 kudos

Error installing the computer level mdm profile

I was using a quick add package and got "! The installation failed. The following installation step failed: run post flight script…" I ran sudo jamf enroll -prompt and got this: The JSS is available.Enforcing login/logout hooks...Error installing the...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Restrict all apps except Adobe?

I have a workstation that is only supposed to be used for Adobe Premiere (primarily for reviewing footage and making quick initial edits). In order to discourage users from setting up camp at this station and loading up their email or other things, I...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Joining AD from outside network

Yo.. Does anyone have any experience, pointers, ideas, etc.. on how a Mac can join AD when the Mac is outside our network...like a home user? We're intending on leveraging the DEP for external enrollment, yet each Mac will need a computer cert for VP...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Default MDM Profile is removable??

Maybe I'm going crazy, but I don't remember the JSS default MDM profile created when the Mac is enrolled in Casper as being removable. Now it is in Macs enrolled in our JSS (v9.72).. I can't seem to find any setting that specifies removable or not.  View more

• 19 replies
  • 0 kudos

Need help with remote script

I need some help writing a script to push out to student machines. We are trying to disable Expose/Mission Control/Spaces. I know there are a few other threads on this topic using config profiles, but I was looking for a script to push out as well wi...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Internet Monitoring

Hello Everyone I have been tasked with researching software that can monitor and report on users internet usage. This would need to be able to do filtering and give reports on their usage. I have come across Work Examiner and Spector 360 that look pr...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Schools - are your students local admins?

Just curious on schools that are 1:1 - do you set your users as local admins so they have full control of their machines? Or do you restrict all software installation to items in Self Service? If you restrict admin, do you ever run into issues with u...  View more

• 13 replies
  • 0 kudos

Running a script as the logged in user

Hi all, Trying to get Casper to run a script on the user login which needs to create a blank DMG and place it in the logged in user's Pictures folder in their profile. This is the script I've got: hdiutil create -size 75m -fs HFS+ -volname Adobe_Ligh...  View more

• 15 replies
  • 0 kudos

Apple Configurator - Supervise Mode

Sometimes the students uninstall the profiles form their iPads. When such an iPad comes to IT support for re-installation of the profiles and we connect it to Apple Configurator then this iPad doesn't turn up in the Supervise mode of the Apple Config...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Remote Control

Hi Guys, Just wondering what remote access tools people are using for external machines. We currently have a LogMeIn subscription but are trying to justify the price of keeping it for the next year.  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Populating the Computer Name Field in Casper Imaging

Under an older version of Casper a few years ago and I was successful getting the the computer name field to populate after launching Casper Imaging, but I'm not seeing the field populate under v9.65, now. Anyone else had trouble seeing your properly...  View more

501d2b421eb14ed393c5fc0668c51804
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Disowning a process from a Casper script

Guys, I am wanting to call a command from a script deployed by Casper and have the script so the policy can continue with the next task while leaving that process running.Have tried all sorts of combinations of & () disown nohup and various other thi...  View more

• 8 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors