Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 10.39.1 Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation,Today we are releasing Jamf Pro 10.39.1. To learn more about this release and the product issues it addresses, please read the Jamf Pro 10.39.1 release notes here. Cloud Upgrade ScheduleYour Jamf Pro server, including any free sandb...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Jamf Pro 10.40.0 Beta is Now Available!

Hey Jamf Nation,We're pleased to announce Jamf Pro 10.40, which has a huge amount of enhancements and fixes we think you're going to love! Deployment status is now viewable for App Installers, removing the need to create a patch report. Additionally,...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 2 kudos

Pushing Mcafee Endpoint Protection 2.1.0

So I am very rusty at scripting, and I am tasked with pushing Mcafee Endpoint Protection 2.1.0 to our Mac systems using Casper. So I have the default installation script the McAfee administrator gave us, but the script requires user input in order to...  View more

• 11 replies
  • 0 kudos

Managing non iOS student Machines

Just hoping to maybe find some help with managed preferences.Working in a High School with profiles for Staff/Students and student groups, Im curious to see what others feel is successful.I am working on the image for the upcoming school year. Hoping...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Microsoft User Data - exclude from syncing

Looking for input and insight on best practices for handling the "Microsoft User Data" folder. We have network accounts and sync the users documents folder but I am concerned about corrupting the Outlook 2011 database. I know in the Windows world it ...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Methods for Backing up user data at imaging

Good morning, So my University is new to JAMF and we are trying to find a more effective method of backing up user data (preferably when we are imaging the computer). Each user is granted a share drive where they can store data. An example path would...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Config Profiles slow to update

I made a change to our config profile, but it seems that it's taking a LONG time to update, some are taking 30min or more, others have been on the network for 6+ hrs but still haven't gotten updated. They are all checking in with the JSS. The JSS sho...  View more

• 9 replies
  • 0 kudos

Upgrading 9.24->9.3, Port 443 Already In Use?

When attempting to upgrade the JSS install on our xserve from 9.24 to 9.3, we're prompt with 'Web Application Ports in Use, Port 443 is already in use by another application. This is required to install a JDS on this server.' The Generic HTTPS port i...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

"Delete" icon grayed out in Casper Admin

I am unable to delete a file from our Casper Admin that was demoed for us during the Jump Start. Under Type, it says "Built-In AD". The delete icon is grayed out, and there is no menu bar option for delete either. Is this normal?  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Adobe CS 5 - Permission issues

Hi guys, I am wondering if some of you guys experience the same problems as we do. We have Adobe Deployment Packages for our Imaging process. Everything works fine after installing, but I have a big permission issue as well. Our students are pretty s...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Still syncing your CDPs manually? Hello syncCDPs.sh!

Hey cadmins, Here's a script that might make your day. If you are sick of manually syncing your CDPs via Casper Admin I suggest you try this out. syncCDPs.sh Run it on your main CDP nightly via launchd (OSX only).- queries the jss for all CDPs (don't...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Slow login to JSS and Self Service

I have a JSS with ~ 1000 clients, so quite small. It uses AD authentication. I have noticed that some users can login quickly, while others can take over a minute to login. Does this sound like a mapping issue?  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

admin access to install software at home with mac

I have 20 new macbook pro's that i just gave to teachers. I added the group they belong in AD to the mac in "allow administration by" They can install software when they are in our network with no issues with admin rights. As soon as they go home the...  View more

• 8 replies
  • 1 kudos

Hardware suggestions to run Casper off of

Hi All; I haven't seen a discussion about this in the forums that wasn't several years old and was wondering what suggestions there were for running casper off of. The current use case is imaging up to 10 machines at once of various makes and models ...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

MDM Profiles configs not showing

This is a recent development in our systems, both production & development. Both of the servers now show hidden values in a MDM profile, settings that we do not set, settings that show "not configured" when viewed at large, but when selected are clea...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Another MAS Question

In searching JAMF Nation I've found bits and pieces to the answer to my question, but I'd like to put the question out there to see how you're handling this. We haven't yet signed up for the new VPP and we currently don't have MAS apps available for ...  View more

• 22 replies
  • 0 kudos

EA Script For Retirement Date

I am not a shell scriptor yet (just purchasing Learning the Bash), but in the meantime, does anyone have a EA with a script that adds a specified time (three years for us) to the PO date to establish a retirement date for all computers?  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Software Update Server Redo

So I just wiped my SoftwareUpdate Server and redid it and now I can't seem to get 10.7 machines to connect to it properly. We use a profile to push the settings to all machines and it sets them all to http://myservername.interal:8088/index.sucatalog ...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Performance Issues & Calculating Home Folder size

When enabling Home Folder collection in the JSS (Inventory Collection Preferences), it appears to run the command du -sh /Users/username. This can cause performance issues when network shares are mounted to points within the home folder, due to the o...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 1 kudos

How to create a 1st run popup message?

Morning All -My objective is to create display a message when an application (Omnigraffle) is opened for the 1st time and only the 1st time. The application is being installed as part of our Coreload so I cannot rely on the native "complete message" ...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

CMA, CCA Certification and training

Has anyone been to these trainings? How are they? How about the test at the end to get certified? Any material out there to study? What is the test format? I am thinking about attending these soon and would like to get certified.  View more

• 23 replies
  • 0 kudos

WifI Script

I am using bits and pieces of tkimpton's script https://jamfnation.jamfsoftware.com/discussion.html?id=5327 and I am wanting to do an ip address comparison. How can I take the existing computer ip address and compare it to our ip range. as an example...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

enroll ipad from apple configurator into casper

Hi i've been struggling enrolling ipad into casper from configurator. We have 3 cart full of ipad supervised and controlled by their own laptop on those cart... They will be supervised by those configurator, but for inventory and other informations p...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Migrate 9.3 scripts to another 9.3 installation

I have a departmental JSS that I need to migrate/integrate with a larger unit's JSS. I was wondering if I can use the API or perhaps a method you have found to migrate the JSS-housed scripts? Looking through the API I see that a test returns some met...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

FileVault 2 Percentage shows 0%

I am getting this on a regular basis even though the encryption either completed or just started. It just gets stuck at that percentage a good number of times but isn't consistent. Any ideas?  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors