Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 9 kudos

Patch Mgmt - No Clients Listed in Version Report

I'm trying to create a patch management policy for Microsoft Teams. I've been having trouble overall deploying this, despite following what I believe have been the proper steps. I create the patch policy, scoped to our Site (tried not scoping to site...  View more

2ca9c4e4f99a4dcf85c8bb29ae0c3401
  • 10 replies
  • 1 kudos

Moving Office365 install from VPP to Policy

Hi, So we have several MacBooks that have the Office365 suite deployed via VPP (app store) which we wish to move to a policy based deployment (as we want to use patch management to update rather than the app store). So my question is if I add these m...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 1 kudos

PatchBot & API Error 409

My company is in the process of setting up PatchBot (https://github.com/Honestpuck/PatchBot) for all of our Jamf Pro cloud instances. Per the checklist, I've set up all of the necessary policies (both computer and patch), and am using Firefox as my t...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 2 kudos

Mac Cache Server OS Update

I am trying to update our mac mini cache server from El Capitan to Catalina. Every time i try to run the install i get a picture of the app folder with a prohibited sign. I tried to upgrade to High Sierra and i get the same error. Is there a way to f...  View more

086be79a341040059867fcddd8abafb4
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

JAMF and Microsoft Auto Update for O365 Apps

Hi Jamf Nation, I am following the two guides below to update my O365 apps using MAU.https://docs.jamf.com/technical-papers/jamf-pro/microsoft-office/10.18.0/Update_Microsoft_Office.html https://docs.jamf.com/technical-papers/jamf-pro/microsoft-offic...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Chrome Patch Policy - Big Sur

Hi, We currently have a patch policy for Chrome 87.0.4280.67. I have deployed it to our pilot machines and it installed without issue on all Catalina machines but on a Big Sur machine the user gets the error '"GoogleSoftwareUpdate.Bundle" can't be op...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Microsoft Teams version

I've been getting a notification that Microsoft Teams v330874 is available on my Jamfcloud instance for the last couple weeks, but can only find v328778 on macadmins.software and Microsoft's website. Anyone else having this issue with patch managemen...  View more

• 18 replies
  • 4 kudos

Patch Reporting Question

Looking at the Patch Management feature in Jamf Pro 10.25.1 and specifically the macOS version reporting. There seems to be some discrepancy between how this value is reported by clients and how it is interpreted by the server. To be on the latest ve...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Parallels Updates

HiHow are people keeping Parallels updated?We already have Parallels deployed, I just need to know a solid update process. If I use the JAMF patch management or another solution how do I deal with clients with Parallels running during the updates? Or...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Skip Big Sur Accessibility screen

Is anyone aware of a method to skip this accessibility screen when doing an in-place upgrade to Big Sur (10.16/11.0.x)? I'm aware you can skip everything during Automated Enrollment for new devices but haven't found anything for devices we're updatin...  View more

3e38e1f783604372a69d9d6099847dd0
  • 9 replies
  • 1 kudos

Rum commands that work?

Hello, Can someone help me with an easy way to silently trigger rum so acrobat updates? With all this online learning, I cant get the students to click update through the CC app. Im also not that good at scripting, I have ran the sudo rum locally whi...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Sophos Endpoint Extension Attribute broken.

Hi All, Just a heads-up, I'm seeing Sophos Endpoint now get installed in /Applications/Sophos/Sophos Endpoint.app, which breaks the built in Extension Attribute under Patch Management. It doesn't look like you can edit the EA's that patch management ...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 2 kudos

Populating an Extension Attribute Not Working

A few weeks back Apple released a supplemental update (2020--005) for macOS Mojave then quickly pulled it because it was causing issues. They then fixed it and released it again. Regardless if a computer had the faulty or the fixed update, the system...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Slack Automatic Update

Hello,I would like to update the program Slack via Patch Management! Have you found a solution where you don't always have to pack the .DMG into .pkg packages? I don't know if this script is what I am looking for! https://www.jamf.com/jamf-nation/thi...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

is PatchBot using anybody in the PROD environment

https://github.com/Honestpuck/PatchBotHi anybody using this tool ? I have a few doubts. Is it 100% free tool. ( as per the blog, he Bought "Kinobi" tool to quality patch definition.) is there any flow chart of PatchBot, how it works? is it auto creat...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 1 kudos

Firefox 79.0 Patch Definition issue

It looks like Mozilla changed the System Requirements for Firefox between version 78.x and 79.0. Firefox 79.0 requires macOS 10.12 or newer. Firefox 78.0 required macOS 10.9 or newer. The 79.0 patch definition from Jamf does not reflect this change. ...  View more

5a2006d64b884f21a27bac62c220ba71
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Updating Adobe CC apps

Hi all I'm trying to decide the best route with updating our Adobe suit applications, We are issued packages by a different company so we don't have access to the enterprise packager (and we don't use named CC accounts). Our users do not have admin r...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Cisco Webex Install latest version script

Couldn't find a script that did this. We don't use this a lot but I was asked to patch Cisco Webex to ensure that the users that do have it were on the latest version. This is based on a script we've been using that does the same thing for chrome.htt...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 5 kudos

Enforcing macOS security updates

I've seen a couple of old threads regarding ways of enforcing macOS security updates but not much for the recent version of Jamf Pro 10.x We are exploring the use of Patch Management currently. Does anyone have any best practice recommendations on en...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 6 kudos

macOS Patch Package Creation

I want to use Jamf Patch Management to deploy macOS updates. I have the "Install macOS Catalina.app." Can anyone advise how I should use composer to create a .pkg of this file that is suitable for patch management? I've created a .pkg that cache's th...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

End User Security Profiles and Settings

I posted this on the general discussion board earlier today but then I discovered this new community and I feel like it fits better here since we are all in the education world. I am wanting to improve our end user security within our school district...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels