Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 4 kudos

Java freezing up JSS

Hey has anyone else encountered an issue where every once in a whilejava seems to eat up a bunch of available memory and then the JSS willstop responding? If I go in and kill the java process it just restartsand everything is good to go, but it's kin...  View more

• 18 replies
  • 0 kudos

Responsible Use

This is not a tech question, but since some of you work at schools and universities I'll give it a shot: Does anyone know, at their university or K-12, if they teach a technology ethics or responsible uses of technology course? If so, can you point m...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Email notification on user login

Hello, Is it possible to have the JSS email me when a certain user logs in? It would be a network user with a network home directory. My first thought was to create a Smart Group - but I don't see the option to populate it with a specific logged in u...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

LDAP Binding Scripts

As part of the imaging process, are there any scripts that can be added tothe JSS to bind a machine to LDAP so that when it reboots it is bound to thelocal LDAP? -- Jim FryeDistrict Technology CoordinatorUpper Sandusky E.V. SchoolsUpper Sandusky, OH ...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Installing More Adobe CS3 Items

We have a CS3 Master Suite site license and normally only install parts ofthat license (like Design Premium items). There are instances when I needto go back and either add the rest of the Master Suite, or install just oneor two apps (like Dreamweave...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Dual-boot deployments

Are there any strategies you all use to deploy dual-boot machines? I'd like to create a Boot Camp partition with Windows SP3 and all of our software to be created during Casper Imaging. Thanks for your continued help, everyone! Jeffrey A. StraussDepa...  View more

• 12 replies
  • 0 kudos

802.1x login...

Has anyone had any luck creating an 802.1x login profile package? I'dlike to be able to automate the process of creating all plist files andother necessary settings to allow a machine bound to AD to log on and beautomatically connected to our WLAN. A...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

scripts

Hi, Can anyone tell me the difference in the way in which a script is run between : Casper Remote Self Service Locally Casper Imaging I have a script that runs perfectly well locally as root and also runs fine as Casper Remote when logged in as me, h...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

CS4 Error

I realize that it the installer issues are Adobes. They suck for installers on both platforms. The Windows guys bitch more about it than I do. I am sorry for trying to put the blame on Jamf. That was not my intention I was just venting and hoping Jam...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

CS4 and error

I hate to keep bringing this up. I recently created a package for CS4 Web Premium using directions on Jamf site. It all starts to work and then stops with following error... Adobe Installation Error from Adobe CS4 Web Premium.dmg: Unable to complete ...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Scope policy to AD LDAP user groups

I am trying to scope a policy to an AD LPAP user groups for the first time.I have tested users, groups and group memberships in the LDAP testing areaof the JSS and all is working as expected. My policy is a self servicepolicy that was working already...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

"Shared" sidebar in 10.5

I know someone already mentioned how to do this, but I cannot find that note for some reason...how do you keep users from seeing "Shared" servers or computers...can you perform a whitelist function, or a blacklist function? I'm not sure how it can be...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

CS4 Install Workaround

I'm using the CS4 workaround (disk image manipulation, modifying the install.xml files, etc) - which does work successfully, but the installer is not suppressed, even though it is checked properly in casper admin. Anyone else hit this? Thanks,j  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

CS4 Install - solved?

Good news! I renamed the files in the deployment folder to install.xml and uninstall.xml from whatever their file names were previously, uploaded to JSS using Casper Admin and going about the usual CS3 creation process. Then, installed Photoshop CS4 ...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Uses for Open Directory

Hey Guys- This isn't really a list topic so if you could reply to me off list that would be great. I work in an AD environment managing about 400 Macs. We have them all bound via Admit Mac, I'd like to get rid of it and use Apples built in AD support...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

self deleting startupitems

Hi People, Im trying to write some startupitems that well delete themselves after they have run, Casper's FirstRun script uses the following command /bin/rm -rf 'path to folder' i have tried this and it doesnt delete itself Criss Criss MyersSenior Cu...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Purging the inventory database?

Is there an easy way to quickly purge the entire current inventory database without destroying all the other items like policies etc? I would like to archive the current inventory information and then wipe it clean and pull a fresh poll from the netw...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

CS4 Install

Hi, I have a bit of a weird one. I am trying to make my own CS4 installpackages. I install Master Collection and then removed all theapplications from the package, leaving a "core" install. I thendragged the applications from the suite to Composer v7...  View more

• 9 replies
  • 0 kudos

NetInstall Image Creator Problems

Okay, maybe I'm just doing something wrong, but I cannot seem to get this towork. I've got an image that I created using InstaDMG (and that may be theissue) that I am trying to turn into a NetInstall image using CasperNetInstall Image Creator. Howeve...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

iLife '09 Installation...

I'm having trouble installing iLife '09.mpkg from Casper. The jamf.logreports that the installer won't install because the system is not 10.5.6even though it is. Has anyone else had this problem? I'm hoping thatthis will also install as an iLife upgr...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Off topic: about your organization

This is off topic, so please reply to me off-list.I am working on a project for Mac enterprise sysadmins. I need to put somenumbers around the viability of the project, so I'm reaching out to this andsome other communities I belong to. If you're will...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Print and Fax Unlock

Hey all, does anyone know of a way we can get users to add printers in 10.5.The preference pane is locked but we did have a work around that no longerworks.They just started using tracking software called Equitrac Office here andthe users are not abl...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

correction

Correction- I would like to be able to go into Finder Preferences and disable:"connected servers" and "bonjour computers" and enable "Computer". - lauren -LAUREN NICHOLASUser Support Analyst Center for Information Technology - CIT Moravian College ad...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Shared Volumes

Hi Folks- We are using ADmitMac here on campus for AD integration. One bug is thatwhen you click on a server you are connected to in the Sidebar underShared, it says "connection failed" and then immediately disconnectsyou. It's an annoyance, and I ac...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Self Service

Hi All, Anyone else having issues with Self Service, it only seems to have started happening recently. The first time you click INSTALL on a self service items it fails to do anything and just returns to the Home page, the second time it successfully...  View more

• 21 replies
  • 0 kudos

SoundStudio3

Has anyone had to deploy the app SoundStudio3 by FreeVerse? If I type in the registration information for one user, log out andlogin as another user, the "10-uses or register" appears. I called thecompany and they said that each user has to type in t...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Using $1, $2, $3 etc...

Does anyone know if there is documentation anywhere on Using $1, $2, $3in scripts to cycle through the users etc.... I know this has beendiscussed a bit before but in digging around the KB and the resource kitI can find it in use but would like to re...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Xcode

Has anyone distributed Xcode through Self Service? Just wondering if the mpkg is handled ok. Thanks j---Jared F. NicholsDesktop Engineer, Infrastructure and OperationsInformation Services DepartmentMIT Lincoln Laboratory244 Wood StreetLexington, Mass...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Casper NetInstall creator

Any tips on creating a Casper NetInstall image? I'm using theirNetInstall Image creator 2.02. I was hoping this tool would be build a NetInstall image similar to howNetRestore does, but this doesn't seem to be the case. Building my Casperinstall imag...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors