Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 9 kudos

Problems mounting a shared drive.

When I run the following line from the terminal it (of course) works just fine. open smb://phs-fs1/HOME/testphs But when I apply the following policy it does not (screenshot). (No errors, nothing). Multiple people log into our machines I so I use the...  View more

55316d342d284a9ab02f8242c6235109
  • 11 replies
  • 0 kudos

JSS Not Updating Mobile Devices to current User

I have several iPads I have to setup so they can be added to the correct Smart Groups on JSS before they go out to the users. Once I have them added I go through and completely wipe all of them (erase all content and settings), then they go to the us...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

"Setup User" login after image

So I am testing an image on a machine and after boot when it got to the setup assistant I wasn't there to interact with it for a bit. For some reason, when I go to wake the machine up it wants me to log into a user called "Setup User" and I have trie...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

10.12 Sierra Netboot DMG's remain mounted?

Hello All, Just finished upgrading JSS to 9.96. This means it's time for me to create an updated NBI image with an updated Casper Imaging App. Used AutoCaserperNBI (Thanks to @bentoms for a wonderful piece of engineering) and Auto DMG to go through t...  View more

5e7467acad1e4afc8691dfb412fbd597
  • 13 replies
  • 0 kudos

Unblocking Java

Hello, I have been searching for weeks now and can't seem to find a solution to my issue. We are a school and have a learning tool that requires java. Now the student laptops have a restrictions config profile in place so the students can't install a...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Please educate me...

Hi, first time caller, long time listener.... Doing some renovation/redoing/revamping of our very cluttered Configuration Profiles. 5 or so years ago when I started creating profiles we had 2 groups (marketing and developers) Now we are much more div...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Run jamf policy command at log on with launchd

Hello all, I just wanted to know if i could get some help to make the below code to work. Basically i want to run the "jamf policy" command at log on. Is there something that i am missing?? Thank you. Label com.runPolicyAtLoad ProgramArguments /bin...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Bad MS Office 2016 bug

(I tried posting this in the Macadmins microsoft-office Slack channel, but it tells me I'm offline and refuses to let me change it to "active". it just says "reconnecting" and never connects. Hopefully this information will find its way to someone wh...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Eclipse Neon deployment

Is anyone else out there having to package and deploy Eclipse IDE? Previous versions were available in standard Mac .pkg files that installed into /Applications just fine. I've discovered that the Neon release of Eclipse appears to come only in a dow...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

How to lock homescreen on an iOS device

Hi guys, So, we have a few iPads where we would want to lock the home screen layout. The thing is, that even though MDM is currently capable of organising the home screen layout, it's not capable of arranging webclips on the home screens exactly wher...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

NWEA MAP App

Hi all, I'm wondering if anyone else uses NWEA Map testing on iPads and what your experience has been. We've sent the app out to the device, not through VPP, and are having some issues. When kids start the test, maybe 21-24 per class, approximately h...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Focus Group Ending Time

@erin.miska since they've moved the Microsoft presentation to Open Book, I'm wondering if the ending time of this event has changed for those of us that have signed up for the Focus Group and the Microsoft presentation? If it hasn't will anyone be up...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Office 2016 certificate prompts

We get sporadic prompts form Office 2016 with regards to cert validation. See attached for an example Does anyone know of a good way to suppress these prompts? Trying to determine if this is an issue with the cert back end or something I can control ...  View more

4d8128ed75e04e2a9a28c687c2a4b717
  • 10 replies
  • 0 kudos

OSX-Sierra does NOT like JAMF

We are currently running JSS 9.93 , Self service 9.93 and have only updated a handful of machines to Sierra (10.12). Immediately, there are all sorts of issues. Everything from profiles not getting installed, tons of "pending" commands, Apps fail to ...  View more

• 19 replies
  • 0 kudos

Enrollment after imaging is not happening

I've noticed a problem with imaging and enrollment but because I image so infrequently I can't pinpoint when it started. When I image a Mac using the same configuration I've always used, the imaging will go fine and the computer will restart. When it...  View more

• 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

.mobileconfig - Self Service

A question for the Nation... I have created a few configuration profiles and made them available to the user through Self Service. My question is once the profile has been installed, how can I allow the user to remove/un-install the mobileconfig prof...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

LSS 9.96 breaks some LDAP authentications

I have an LDAP server with an OTP back end, and my admin users authenticate via this server as LDAP users. Up to version 9.93 this worked perfectly. Something changed in 9.96 that broke this. What I've been able to determine via logs and tcpdumps is ...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Need OS X 10.9.1 build 13B3116 for Audio Suite

Hello out there! I am needing some assistance acquiring this rare piece of Apple history for my collection. This is the only build that will play nicely with my software and hardware. I will need to make a bootable USB and am familiar with the Termin...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Firefox Composer package generates keychain errors

Hi All, Yesterday I built a Firefox installer package with Composer. FF version is 49.0.1 (latest). I installed it, launched it, cleared the prompts about importing from other browsers, and the check for default browser. Set the homepage and called i...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Script Audit Log

hi, I research a script for extract different information for my companythe computer and users are in active directorythe informations are : - date login and logout- adresse mac- computer name- user name Best Regards Gael  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

DEP enrollment after changing JSS url

Hi, I just went through the process of adding a JSS in the DMZ and changing the JSS URL. Will this affect my DEP setup at all? The reason I ask is because I have a message "Unable to contact https://mdmenrollment.apple.com to get the list of devices"...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

SSID Autojoin Issue

We've added an additional SSID to our base wifi/cert profile to allow developers to access a mobile testing SSID. We don't want systems to automatically join this SSID, so I set AutoJoin to instead of the usual . Clearly I must be missing something ...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors