Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 10 kudos

Wifi dis- and reconnect toggle after device enrollment

Hello everyoneOne of our users is having strange wifi problems with his Mac M1 Max after device enrollment:In phases the wifi connection randomly disconnects and reconnects several times in second intervals. The problem doesn't just appear with one s...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Where is 10.37?

Something has changed again. I go to download the new 10.37 client and my choices are Linux, Windows, Manual and Jamf Pro Apps. Which one do I download for the Mac?  View more

• 10 replies
  • 0 kudos

Management Notifications - Limit

Might be a dum question, but is there a way to add more dialogue to the Management Notifications ? I am using this in a policy and adding the message in the User Interaction section which slides the message onto the screen in the upper right. I haven...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Deploy Canon Uniflow Follow Me

I receive from Canon a SmartClientMac.iso package to deploy the UniFlow client and printer include settings.The SmartClientMac.iso is not supported in Jamf and its not possible to deploy.Inside the iso there is a dmg and a plist /jpg and ds store fil...  View more

• 19 replies
  • 0 kudos

Jamf Pro 10.37 is now available

Update 4/2/22Thank you for your patience as we continued to monitor and work through the Spring Framework vulnerability. Jamf Pro 10.37.2, which includes the patched version of the spring framework, is now generally available. Please see the updated ...  View more

• 14 replies
  • 6 kudos

Automation of steps for zero touch deployment

Hi everyone,For those of you that have achieved zero touch deployment with Jamf Pro; how have you set up the policies that should execute right after the enrolment? Is the best practice to set up Smart Groups, that look at enrolment time (i.e. <1 min...  View more

• 14 replies
  • 0 kudos

Macs won't go through the full ADE on wifi

Not sure what I'm missing here. We have configured our Jamf ADE enrollment process and everything is working great on wired connection. However when we try and enroll via Wireless, it will install the MDM profile but fails to deploy the enrollment pa...  View more

• 11 replies
  • 0 kudos

Need help with xattr command

I need to deploy Cisco anyconnect VPN client on MAC endpoints, however post installation, it gives prompt to end user to allow the app from system preferences.I want to bypass this step so that post deployment end user does not have to go to system p...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Help with creating LaunchAgent plist

Hi EveryoneI'm very new to the coding side of MacOs and currently need to create a LaunchAgent for our printer costing app. The app itself is just a normal app that can be manually launched from launchpad or set to auto launch per user, however I nee...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Set Monterey deployment policy in Self Service

Hello, We were using that solution for setting Big Sur deployment policy in Self Service: https://www.jamf.com/blog/streamlining-your-macos-upgrade-process/As far as I understand, it doesn't work on M1 Macs because it requires password for restart - ...  View more

• 10 replies
  • 0 kudos

Most painless MFA solution?

Hey everyone,We are a large org that is mostly windows based (AD-managed), with our marketing/design team on Macs managed by Jamf. infosec wants to implement an MFA solution at login, and there seems to be a lot of information on different options th...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Jamf Business Plan vs Jamf Fundamentals Plan

I've been working to convince my employer to roll out both Jamf Pro and Jamf Connect, with Protect as a possibility, but I'm having a number of pushbacks. I see that the new Jamf Fundamentals plan has been released today at a very attractive cost and...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Deploying FortiClient VPN Only

Hello everyone, we try to deploy "FortiClient VPN Only" via Jamf Pro. I saw in the forum that there is an existing tutorial for the licensed version of the FortiClient with the install.mpkg file but nothing for the "VPN Only"-Client wich has no insta...  View more

• 9 replies
  • 0 kudos

Devices won't work after Migration Assistant

Hello all,we have the problem that some of our users when they received their new device, want to import a TimeMachine backup from their old device and do it with the help of apples Migration Assistant. After the successful transfer, the device no lo...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Pre-stage enrolment distribution point

Hi Everyone,I'm trying to create a new prestige-enrollment so that I can deploy DEPNotify to our lab Macs. However when I go to choose a distribution point I get the following error: The distribution point does not meet the requirements to host packa...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Best Practices for Multiple Location (Site? Buildings?)

Hi Everyone,Some context of my situation.We have a new campus setup which the devices are NON DEP and would like to use my current Jamf to manage this macs.So i am thinking which is the best practices to so do. Requirement to have..- Separate adminis...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

jamf pro and the annual renewal of certificates

Hi folks,we have been using jamf pro for almost a year now and we now have to renew the certificates for the first time. does anyone have a link to instructions on what needs to be renewed and how exactly it is done? I’m not a certificate expert, jus...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Battery System Prefs Locked?

I can't find an easy way to unlock the Battery system pref for clients. I want non-admins to setup their own preferences in Battery.Am I missing something?  View more

Screen Shot 2022-03-18 at 3.22.47 PM.jpg
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

filevault

Good day,Our existing environment has 20 macs that are not Encrypted, even though we have policy setup at enrollment to start at login. How can we enable file-vault on these Macs without wiping or re-image?Thanks  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

composer dmg build in 10.36.1

I tried to build a small *dmg in Composer 10.36.1 on Catalina and it did nothing; no errors or failure. I erase and installed Catalina a second time and had the same issue.Composer was given Full Disk Access in Security Prefs. I was able to build the...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

PagerDuty iOS App

We are working to onboard with PagerDuty and I am running into an issue with the iOS app. The managed distribution worked okay and the app installed, but I can't get the SSO to work correctly. For some reason the Okta MFA won't complete. I noticed th...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Notify new policy added

Hi all,is there a way to receive a notification when an admin does some operations?For example, I would like to receive an email or something similar when an admin adds a new policy. Thanks,  View more

• 2 replies
  • 2 kudos

TruU Install Getting Bluetooth Prompt

Hello Everyone We are in the process of Getting TruU as an identity authorizer for our Mac fleet and are running a POC to get it tested.During the package creation and the test deployment we saw quite a few pop-ups coming from the deployment and we w...  View more

Screenshot 2022-03-18 at 1.03.59 PM.png
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

No Client Check-In after Delete and PreStage Enrollment

Hello, I am new to Jamf and configuring our new environment for Macs.I encountered the problem that I tried deleting a managed Macbook using a management command. Then I hat it installed normally again with the PreStage Enrollment. But now the status...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors