Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 7 kudos

Composer Packages move to another machine

Tell me if this is silly, but I use one machine (a Mac Pro) as my "master" machine to create packages (pkg and dmg) for use on my labs. This machine is getting a little conjested so I'd like to somehow backup all the items in Composer and move them t...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Rename Computer Using GSheet

I've been happily utilizing the script from https://www.macblog.org/post/automatically-renaming-computers-from-a-google-sheet-with-jamf-pro/ (bless you @haircut) for naming all of my devices. Since it uses Python, am I going to have to install Python...  View more

• 11 replies
  • 0 kudos

Package Uploading Fails Immediately?

Uploading any packages via the web interface immediately fails when clicking "Save" with a message, "Package failed to upload". Tried different browser, different computers, different PKGs, all the same result.The packages are not large or exotic. An...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Apple SSO Extension without MDM

The Apple Kerberos SSO extension (the one that replaces Enterprise Connect in Catalina and Big Sur) is configured via config profile that must be applied by MDM. Since the pandemic turned me into a full-time work-from-home admin, I've been using my p...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Adobe CC License

I am curious what people are doing with Adobe CC licensing? We are still on the old device license where the users do not have to sign in. Since Adobe will not longer support CCP and the new pkg's that are created need a sign in I'm trying to find a ...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

local account password reset

I have no doubt that this has been discussed before but I can't seem to find any discussions relevant to my scenario. In the event that a user locks themselves out from their machine, how can I push a policy to reset the local account password or eve...  View more

• 12 replies
  • 1 kudos

EA that looks at Citrix config file for server

I want to update a machines that have a particular server setup in Citrix within the config file, but I'm not sure the best way to identify those machines. I assume an EA that looks at the config file for the server and then a scope of the results wo...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Toggle Screenshots on and Off

I have been asked to look into disabling screenshots for some of our users due to an application that they use that has access to sensitive data. Because I don't hate our users I want to ONLY disable screenshots when that application is open. I have ...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Enterprise Connect Support in Big Sur

Hi All, Received an email from Apple's Professional Services yesterday and wanted to share in case anyone here didn't receive it for any reason. Hello, At WWDC 2020, we announced new features for the Kerberos SSO extension, including a redesigned men...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 2 kudos

LDAP Group for Disabled Users

I'd like JAMF to notify me when a user is moved to the "Disabled" OU in AD, this way I will know when a Mac user has left the business and I can begin chasing down their device. I have tried changing the LDAP settings for "Position" mapping to "membe...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Adobe XD

Is it possible to deploy Adobe XD from JSS? I've been trying to find a way to do it but I haven't found anything yet. Any advice would be helpful.Thanks in advance.  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Detect non-managed profiles?

How might I detect when profiles other than the profiles installed through MDM are present on a device? For one example, Comcast users can install a profile from Comcast that includes keys for the encrypted Xfinity_Wifi hotspots. That profile is prob...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

UAPI GET specific data

Hello, So, I have been trying to obtain a specific data from UAPI, but keep getting 404 errors, which is a response code that it cannot find the data requested... I am able to generate and authenticate with the token fine and I am even able to pull l...  View more

• 31 replies
  • 1 kudos

Script to set host name and static IP based on SN

I run a farm of 150 Mac minis. I am trying to create a first run script that will set the host name and static IP based on the SN. I am getting an end of file error when I am trying to run it. Here is a small sample. Any help would be great! !/bin/sh...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

AD CS with AEG CA and JAMF Pro Tip

A tip for getting this to work is to ensure that there are no hyphens in the AD cert template name in the MDM profile. Otherwise the CA will be asked for a template name truncated at the first hyphen (minus sign). This applies equally to an AD Cert M...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Join domain on VPN MacBook

Hello everyone Due to COVID-19 situation we have to setup two MacBook need to be join to windows AD domain over VPN (forticlient) We are currently depolying windows machine while joining the new machine ToVPN and it works fine without any issue. We d...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

MacBook need need to join domain on VPN

Hey everyone Due to COVID situation we have to setup MacBook on domain over VPN (forticlient).In normal situation we are able to join Windows domain while on office network without any issue. I am new with Mac world and we do not know have that many ...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Restrict device by iOS

Hi all, I'm just wondering if there is any way to lock a device that has an outdated iOS, forcing the user to contact the IT department to update, or at least put an automatic message on a device that has an iOS older than a specific version.So in ou...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

AD Login & Smartcards

Hey Guys, We did our Jumpstart last week, and really happy with things thus far. We'd like to now try and do some logins against Active Directory, but are unsure on how to do this. We use on-premises Active Directory with smartcards for our Windows m...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Catalina and Mobile Accounts.

Hi All, We still Bind our machines to AD and create user accounts as mobile accounts. In previous version of MacOs, I use to be able to use the command, createmobileaccount, and that'll cache passwords from our AD server so that can we send computers...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Upgraded labs to Catalina, now AD accounts can't log in

In need of some help. I work at a small university, and we have 7 Mac labs, 6 of which are managed with Jamf Pro Cloud. Several of them we upgraded to Catalina last week, and now in these spaces, when someone tries to log in with their active directo...  View more

• 9 replies
  • 0 kudos

JAMF API for iOS Application

I am attempting to create an iOS app to help my company out with simple tasks that the API should be able to handle. The problem I am facing is that the API for JAMF is less than friendly from what I can tell. I have Postman scripts using the Classic...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors