Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 6 kudos

Force immediate NoMAD local password sync?

I've been experimenting with NoMAD and I have the preferences set to sync local passwords as shown below. It seems the only time it initiates a sync (on subsequent login) is if the local user changes the AD password from the NoMAD menu. How do I forc...  View more

• 14 replies
  • 0 kudos

macOS 10.12.4 upgrade via Self Service fails

hey guys, anyone else seeing this error when trying to create a macOS upgrade via Self Service? Executing Policy Install macOS Sierra UpgradeInstalling macOS 10.12.4 Installer.dmg...Preparing for in-place OS upgrade...Failed to copy file to the insta...  View more

• 92 replies
  • 0 kudos

JSS - Audiobooks and Managed iPads

Hi all, Just thought I would open up a little bit of a discussion on how - if any of you - manage the distribution of audiobooks in your environments? I don't need huge distribution, it's only to at most 4 iPads. Theoretically at the moment it could ...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Managing Notifications for BBC News UK

Hi, I'm trying to block notifications for the BBC News app at my school (too many irrelevant pushes during the day). When I go to configure the notifications for the app, I search in the Notifcations payload and an app called BBC News comes up with a...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

unfortunate Situation

has anyone discovered a way to get around a situation where an iPad is not allowed to par with a computer? if not is available do we as users feel it should be available in situations where police need to be involved and evidence can not be altered?  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Skype for Business auto-discover

Hi, I am pretty new on this forum, is there a way to deploy SfB for OS X / Mac OS and define that it wil automaticly sign-in with the outlook credentials. We have done this for Lync 2011 but pretty new to SfB. Thanks!  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Random Question.... Composer Capture of VPP app?

So this is a foolish question, and you may go "HUH?" when you read it, but has anyone tried to do a Composer capture of a VPP installed app? Without going into too many details, I'm looking to create a base, thick image, but package Xcode into it. Wi...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

How are you deploying new mac laptops?

I currently have laptops enroll in via jamfcloud, download and run the quickadd.pkg. And during the enrollment process, i have it download all the profiles/install microsoft office and 6 other 3rd party applications including antivirus. The entire qu...  View more

• 11 replies
  • 0 kudos

Creative Cloud app isn't autoupdating

I recently discovered that our Creative Cloud desktop app hasn't autoupdated in about 6 months. It used to autoupdate itself just fine... then it just seemed to stop. When I discovered this a couple weeks ago I had to manually download and run the CC...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

VPP assignments vs Installs

In our JSS, there is a significant discrepancy between VPP assignments (all used by Mobile Devices), and App Installs. I've checked a few mobile devices' installed app lists - and some don't actually have this app, but are still counted among the lis...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Time Machine - Username and password to Nas box.

Hi, We have a Nas box we are using for Time Machine, currently it's setup locally on the machines however i would like to set it up via Casper so we can manage it. The Nas has Bonjour enabled and currently backs up without the need of mounting. Howev...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Network profiles not installing on Jamf agents

Has anyone ever successfully created "Configuration Profiles" in Jamf and pushed to machine?I created a new profile called "802.1x Wired Network Profile" in Jamf > macOS Configuration Profiles.When applying to machines by adding machines in Scope of ...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Lock down iPad to Safari (and a single URL)

We have an iPad 2 that isn't part of our DEP so we are somewhat limited in how far we can lock it down as it will be unsupervised. Can anyone offer advice as to how to lock down an iPad to only Safari and a URL. Preferably locked so they can't even m...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 1 kudos

Need to Change JSS Server Name

Warning: I'm one of those people who drive true IT people nuts! I inherited a job I wasn't trained for and am still learning something new every day. So please forgive my ignorance.When we implemented JAMF two years ago and went through the 3-Day Jum...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Intermediate cert trust setting, need documentation

Can anyone point me to documentation on how to set/configure proper trust settings of Intermediate certificates? Our parent org sent me a package installer containing a new PIV certificate chain and installation script. Once installed on a 10.11 or 1...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

New User Startup

Hi, I'm looking to have a better New User experience. I've just set up DEP/Deployment and will be sending machines to the new users. When the startup is done I want them to complete a few tasks before they can use the machine, things like:- Screen as...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

TI-SmartView CE Emulator

I recently started testing some of our existing software on the latest version of macOS Sierra (10.12.3) and ran into an issue with the TI-SmartView CE emulator software for Mac that was a result of a change Texas Instruments had made to the software...  View more

33c2d1659dc44b98866428b62e5090fe
  • 1 replies
  • 1 kudos

Command Line to Remove the DEP Setup

I've been running into an issue with our DEP computers where when we unbox a brand new computer that is enrolled in DEP, it won't display the DEP/MDM screen during the initial account setup. I was able to determine the issue and have taken the steps ...  View more

• 9 replies
  • 0 kudos

LDAP Attribute Mapping - Extension Attribute

Hi all I'm trying to understand the process involved in obtaining LDAP user attributes with using Extension Attribute. I can see the option LDAP Attribute Mapping, should it just be a case of adding the attribute name that i want to report on or are ...  View more

5392e449072c4716b0e1d59efec9a036
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Beta/Release deployment for In-House iOS apps

We have deployed two versions of our in-house app to two groups of users. We want to have most users on the release version, but a few on the beta version. Right now we find that moving a user from one list to the other causes the app to be deleted a...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors