Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 10 kudos

10.6.8 equivalent to "defaults" command.

Quick scripting question...Whats the equivalent command to defaults for 10.6.8?i.e. If I want a key (top level not subkey) out of a plist whats the best way to get it under 10.6.8plistbuddy?  View more

• 10 replies
  • 0 kudos

Downgrade ARD Client 3.8.4 to 3.8.2

I'm trying to determine if it's possible to downgrade the ARD client from version 3.8.4 to 3.8.2. I've not had any luck finding a way to do it thus far. I suspect that version 3.8.4 is causing a performance issue and I'd like to downgrade a few syste...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Casper questions for managed environment

Hi all, I've recently taken on a new position in which the former admin left no documentation about how Casper was used in this environment. One thing that I've been able to determine is that there are a number of iMacs which dual-boot Mavericks and ...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

JAVA 7/8 Questions in Safari and Chrome

Not really JAMF related but I thought I would ask. We are a BANNER user campus which at this point is mandating JAVA 7u75 as we have not been able to get it to work on JAVA8u51. Chrome and Safari have allowed us to run outdated versions of JAVA but n...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

EGP Web

I'm looking for other EGP Web users. EGP is using vise x to create a 'installer' .app. I'm hoping if enough of us ask EGP; maybe EGP will understand the value of .pkg.  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Best troubleshooting Mac Magazines

I have been put in charge of getting two Mac magazine subscriptions for the offices internationally.I am thinking Mac Format and MacLife here in the UK. Are those the best Mac troubleshooting/learning magazines for an enterprise IT Support department...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

JDS Failover to Cloud Distribution Point

I just setup a AWS Cloud Distribution Point with the thought that I would use it as a failover for our JDS in the event that we have a network or power outage (JSS is hosted externally) however it appears that there is no option to do this. The only ...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Changing the Blue Featured Banner in Self Service

We're using 'Featured' as a flag to the users that this is an important update. We have self service policies that use smart groups to display updates to apps for the users to download. We don't push packages to our users since we just can't be sure ...  View more

d24522fddb974d1ea631e8832503d52d
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

802.1X Mobileconfig Profiles

Yeah I know again. I have a profile, single sign on that works, all be it slow. looking to move to a "Machine" authentication profile. Would it show quicker login times, and can someone share their config. I've tried but seen to be missing somethingT...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Edit Disclaimer on Login Screen

Hello, At one point a co-worker of mine placed a disclaimer on the login screen page and changes are needed to be made now but I can not find where that information is located to change. Would anyone know where that information is stored so I can upd...  View more

• 9 replies
  • 0 kudos

AD and password issues

I have a 10.10.4 mac bound to 2012R2 AD. I've been trying to configure ADPassMon 2 (because I hear it will solve my keychain problems) for half the day cannot get it to reset a password. It pulls in the password age just fine. It can refresh kerberos...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Yosemite in-place upgrade deployment

Hi all, I've been browsing many threads regarding nightmares of Yosemite upgrades in corporate environments and have found that many people have reported login issues/freezing problems like those seen in https://jamfnation.jamfsoftware.com/discussion...  View more

• 14 replies
  • 0 kudos

Disable Automatic Login

I've attached a snapshot of a "script exit code 2" from my logs. Just weeding out the bugs with this one, but I'm not certain that this particular script works best. Possible suggestions? OS - Disable Automatic Login Security Reporting string This ...  View more

b9edd35f08c84cbcba3ed5b3bc9faca3
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Software Definitions - "Plug-in Name"

Hello JAMF Nation!Kinda a newbie question... was messing with "Licensed Software" today, and wanted to know what "Plug-in Name" in the Software Definitions tab refers to? Can someone give an example? Or an example of a "Plug-in" I might want to catal...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

[Error] This is an unauthorized aplication

Hello, After imaging a Mac with Casper I receive this message once I boot the Mac to the desktop. I can not figure out what is causing this error message to pop up. You can click ok and it will go away for a while but will come right back. Has anyone...  View more

48841aa1170046fab6ba7a86c752479e
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Exchange Calendar Alternatives

Our calendar stack consists of Exchange 2013, Outlook for Mac and Outlook for Windows and ipad, iphone iOS devices. We have been experiencing horrendous calendar issues where meetings in the creators calendar disappear but not in the invitees calenda...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Casper Focus - Importing Data from Genesis SIS

Hey all, I'm currently trying to implement Casper Focus for our teachers for the incoming school year, and am looking into a way to run a report that shows all the data needed for the SIS importer to successfully generate the classes for next year. O...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Check User/Create User script

We are looking for a script that we can run to check to see if our local admin account is already setup in OSX. If it is, exit. If it is not, then create the local admin account. Does any one have a script that currently does that? I know we can use ...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Security & Privacy: Require Password...

Would like to run a policy or script that will engage the tab selection and change it from 5 minutes to "immediately" but not seeing where to control that when creating a config profile. Looking for a script to switch this feature. Any ideas?  View more

ecc162e32e9a44c180e8a49074e2fa12
  • 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

Best Practice for Scanning 200 + Subnets, Enrollment

We have MACs out in the wild, and some are not managed by Casper. My task (whether I choose to accept it or not) is to find these rogue devices and enroll them into my JSS. The environment that has over 200 subnets where Macs & PCs reside. I normally...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Disable Time Machine

I'm looking to Disable Time Machine on all of our macs. Could someone tell me if this is the correct method? Also does anyone know how to Disable USB WRITE? Via Windows we control this through group policy, anything like this for macs?  View more

58fa2d3a95fa4f44800b77e2c711cb7c
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Office 2016 Cache Policy

Hello everyone, I'm trying to create a policy that caches the new Office 2016 pkg for my users.However after the policy runs, the logs show it was completed but a closer lookshows this error: cp: /Volumes/CasperShare/Packages/Microsoft_Office_2016_In...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

10.10 Connect to Server protocol default

Hello all. Since 10.10 came out the default protocol when connecting to a file server is SMB. That means that just entering a hostname into the "Connect to Server" address connects via SMB now. I'd prefer this to be AFP for various reasons. Is there ...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Office 365 Install with Login

Hello All, We have are users on Office 2011 through Office 365 subscription. We activate their account post imaging. Now we are readying Office 2016 to be deployed via self-service. Is there a way to wrap a users 365 login/password together with the ...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

iPad updates through Casper

Hello everyone, I am currently trying to figure out a way to push updates to a few ipads through casper but there doesn't seem to be an option for it.I am considering using the url of the update to be pushed out as an app but I have a hunch that it p...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors