Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 4 kudos

Mobile Device Lock Screen

When sending a lock command to mobile devices it displays "LOST IPAD" Is there a location I can change what is displayed? Or is this unique to my JSS?  View more

• 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

DO NOT install 9.7 if you use http distribution points.

And have packages with spaces or special characters in the name. Package deployment will not work. I can't believe they are even still providing it for download. We wasted hours on this. From support:"Likely the reason you all are having issues with ...  View more

• 13 replies
  • 0 kudos

Big Issue of Timemachine for me

I have a Timemachine setting problem. And I dig this problem 2 weeks ago but not any progress. Envirment:100 ad doamin Mac pros100 non ad domain Mac book airi have created a backup storage path : afp://server-mp.oocl.com/Backups Problem:1) If I use t...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Printer Admin - LP Admin - Group?

Hello everyone, Trying to give staff who are not local admins rights to add and remove printers. I am getting an error when this runs - any ideas or info would be appreciated. Command:sudo dseditgroup -o edit -t group -a "ISDXXXDistrictSecurity Group...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Dock Items policy on new accounts

I have a Policy with the Dock Items payload. It's just set to remove a few of the defaults like Calendar and Mail since we use Outlook instead. We're seeing some strangeness when following this procedure: 1) Network booting and using Casper Imaging t...  View more

• 13 replies
  • 0 kudos

Casper Imaging 9.7 not rebooting to Target Drive

Is anyone else seeing casper imaging not correctly blessing the internal drive after imaging completes? We keep seeing (since 9.7) Casper Imaging (from netboot with the checkbox selected to reboot to target drive) after imaging completes, it then boo...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Casper Admin 9.7 Replicate Errors (OSX 10.10.3)

Hi all New guy here with CasperSuite installed just a month ago. We are running CasperSuite 9.7 on OS X 10.10.3, and our JSS is also 9.7 (Windows server). We currently have a main distribution server, along with four file sharing servers (all using S...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Active Directory offline reset password + FV2

Hi all, I thought I would have found the answer by myself… but no! I need your insights. Let's say I have a AD + FV2 setup. Computer is shut down and user has forgotten his password. He logs to an internal webpage and resets password. Now he starts c...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Newbie question about MDM profiles

I recently started at a new company and am noticing a configuration profile, and a MDM profile on laptops and desktops. I found where to edit the configuration profile, but where can I edit the configuration of the mdm profiles? I do not see it under...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Casper Admin can't open in Yosemite

Hi there, We recently upgraded our JSS server to Yosemite and for some reason the Casper Admin keep prompting the below error message: Casper Admin requires Mac OS X 10.4 or later. Please help! Warm regards,michael  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

AutoDMG Workflow - Admin Account

We have always used Composer to create an OS Package for use with Casper Imaging. For the most part it works very well. Install an OS on a machine. Make a few customizations and then create an OS Package from it with Composer. I've been playing aroun...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Yosemite App Store Installer with Supplemental Update?

I'm currently downloading the Yosemite installer app from the App Store to get the answer to this question, but my internet connection is slow so I figure I'll ask instead because I'm impatient... Does anyone know if the current installer app will be...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Safari equivalent to Chromium's policy list?

Hi JAMF Nation! Is there a Safari equivalent to Chromium's policy list for Chrome? I'm trying to expand my knowledge/add more options to my Safari Configuation Profile. I can't seem to find anything on Google or Apple's Mac OS X developer's page. I'm...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Wifi dropping and SSID's not visible

Greetings i know this is less of jamf/casper issue, however we'd ran into a wall with this one. For a while now we have an issue in a couple of our offices with the combination of wifi and mac's.The symptoms: wifi connection drops, when trying to rec...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Mapping network drives

I'm trying to get a simple mount volume script to run when a user logs on to their macbook airs or iMacs. I write the script, then assign it in a policy to run on my test macbook on login. I'm not getting any drives mapped at all. I can cmd+k and typ...  View more

• 12 replies
  • 0 kudos

OS X Localization Best Practices?

I have been struggling with localizing our Yosemite Macs at imaging time, and I am wondering if anyone knows of a good source of information on how to properly apply localization settings to a Mac without using the Setup Assistant. Right now I am hav...  View more

• 10 replies
  • 0 kudos

10.10.3 Supplemental Breaks AD?

UPDATE: In the end, this was (apparently) a problem with DNS. Apparently we got "lucky" and took the brunt of it before everything else went problematic. The issue is resolved now, however. The sky is no longer falling. So, suddenly I have devices th...  View more

• 17 replies
  • 0 kudos

firmwarepasswd binary

I'm looking for a little guidance on the new firmware password binary. Even Google can't provide much more than the man page: Usage: firmwarepasswd [OPTION] ? Show usage -h Show usage -setpasswd Set a firmware password. You will be promted for passwo...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Replicating Distribution Points

I am trying to replicate the FIle Share Distribution Points and I am receiving an error that says "There were errors replicating the distribution pointsThe file located at ~/Library/Logs/ Casper Admin Sync Log.logfor more information.cambridge share:...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Could not mount distribution point

Hello All, We just completed our JumpStart and already running into an issue. The first phase of our implementation is to provide the Self Service to the users. I have different packages setup to installing using policies. Individually, the installat...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Log out before shutdown

We have are lab scheduled to start in the morning and shut down in the late evening. I didn't test this, but when the computer shuts down and restarts, it restarts with the last user. You have to put in a password. I would like all the computers to l...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors