Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.4.0 Beta is now available

Hello Jamf Nation! This release is in support of the Apple Spring release. We have several exciting new features including beta MDM support for Apple Vision Pro, Self Service initial app detection, Support Digital Market Act app restriction, and more...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

remove admin rights after date?

I'd like to be able to have the admin rights expire for the users 1yr after being assigned in the policy, is there a way to do that? probably something that detects the date they were assigned, then a deamon that gets created and counts down or looks...  View more

• 9 replies
  • 0 kudos

NYC Metro JAMF User Group - April 2015 Meeting

Hey All, Coming off last months surprise guest filled meeting, we are happy to announce the eighth bi-monthly-ish meeting of the NYC Metro JAMF User Group Tuesday, April 7th, 20154:30 to 6:30 PM. atApple Executive Briefing Center, 100 Fifth Ave, 6th ...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

VPP & Software policies

We're getting ready to roll out the VPP here and I was curious what addendum(s) was added to your existing software policy? I'm trying to brainstorm for what we will need to submit to our legal dept. any insight or things that you have run into would...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Users not showing in JSS

We are currently running the above script (thank you Rob). This gives us the user field information. It works, mostly. We have 1300 +MBP and I only have 890 users in JSS. When I click on the User tab and search for "todd" for example I only get 1 res...  View more

469b54e1e43f43138aeefbef66cb4a27
  • 12 replies
  • 0 kudos

PHY Mode network issues with Yosemite

This is a little off-topic but I wanted to see if anyone else is experiencing this issue. We've got an 802.11ac wireless network using Meraki equipment. I'm finding that tons of our 802.11ac Yosemite clients will connect using the 802.11n PHY mode ev...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Yosemite/Mavericks Server and mobile accounts

Hello, I have a 30 person company that is setup with mobile accounts talking back to OS X Server. It seems randomly I have a user that all of a sudden has a computer so slow it's unusable.-Very slow login, sometimes 5 minutes, sometimes 30 minutes-On...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Remote Wipe Stolen Laptop

So I know I can use APN to push a remote wipe to a machine, but that will only wipe the boot drive, and only after someone has entered the magic code (not sure what happens after failed attempts and 15 min time out...). Regardless. I've a script that...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

OT: Alternatives to Extensis Universal Type Client

Hey folks, Just curious if anyone out there uses other Font Management application? I've been using UTC since version 1 and I personally find it very unstable and unreliable. I always cross my fingers when I need to use it. Their support pages are pr...  View more

• 13 replies
  • 0 kudos

Random lock ups with Yosemite?

Hi all, I've been around the block with this one and I can't seem to fix it. There is an issue we are having with AD bound Macs where if a machine is hard booted with a network user logged in. Upon reboot the machine will get stuck halfway through th...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

MacBook Pro 13" (2012) Striped Cursor

Is anyone else having video issues with their 13" MacBook Pros (2012)? I was excited to see Apple put out a repair notice for MacBook Pros for video issues but it didn't include this model. I've attached an image so you can see what is happening. App...  View more

250cef30d8d24fe6bd33293c50f2d028
  • 9 replies
  • 0 kudos

Box Edit

Hi, We are recent Enterprise customers of Box.com and looking to deploy Box Edit and Sync to our casper managed machines. From the online discussion here We have followed the instructions for Sync, and got that working in Self Service with the except...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Android Studio - Deployment for non-elevated users

Hi All, I'm looking at deploying Android Studio through Self Service for non-elevated users. I've uploaded the dmg file, and written a script to move the .app file to /Applications on each users machine. The package is dependent on JVM, so I've also ...  View more

• 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

Map Network Drive

Hi,I work in a School and we want our students to be able to log in and see their personal network drives in the finder, but we are having trouble getting this to happen. Can anyone help us out? have a script or something that can get this to happen?  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Talk to macs while asleep in the trolley

We can't push apps or talk to macs while they are in the trolley or they are in sleep mode. Is there a way to wake them up remotely. If we don't let them go to sleep while in the trolley then my understanding is that the macbooks won't charge properl...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Managed Apple TVs

I'm looking into managing our Apple TVs and would like to know what others are doing. Right now we have one per classroom for students and teachers to use whenever they'd like. They input the onscreen code anytime they'd like to connect and it works ...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

NetworkStateChange and Apple TVs?

Hi,I have a policy set for NetworkStateChange trigger to just log ip. When I look at the logs for this policy however, it is triggering about every 20 minutes on many MacBooks Airs (10.9.5), round the clock, even while asleep in their carts. One thou...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Recon: Trouble Downloading Required CA

I'm trying to recon one of my test machines and I'm prompted with the required ca request. Should we be downloading the from the built-in CA, or the external CA for mobile devices? I'm thinking the internal is what we want. Can someone verify this?  View more

b1c704edf4a74345b3e943e1b9f450c3
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

iBeacon Airplay Question

Messing with my first iBeacon... I have the apple tv added to the JSS but when I push the configuration policy it still asks for the airplay password.I checked the password and it is correct.Any suggestions?  View more

c1c156fa340447da8e52940396669923 59e997df93da4381a5f98eba146928bd
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Web/Content Filter

So we are about to do a 1:1 iPad initiative next school year for each student and teacher, as well as Macbook Air's for the teachers. We currently have iPrism in our school with Chromebooks, Chromeboxes and Windows 7 machines. We aren't very happy wi...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Suggestions on iBeacons

Hello everyone! We are looking at using iBeacons in our k-12 environment. Just looking for suggestions on what models people are using and how are they using them. Thanks everyone  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

iBooks into Self Service

Hey everyone- Sorry for all the questions lately but I am just trying to get 9.65 figured out. With the new ebooks tab in the JSS I am looking at copying a couple of Digital Literacy and Citizenship books I got from Common Sense Media over to our Sel...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Help with extension attribute scripting

Hi all I'm trying to create an extension attribute that checks all available network interfaces to see if a proxy is enabled or not, and then use the AE with a policy to disable or enable the proxy dependent on the Mac's building location. At the mom...  View more

• 10 replies
  • 0 kudos

sshd: Service exited with abnormal code: 255

After upgrading our MacMini to OS X 10.10.2 and JSS 9.65, I've been getting this error every couple of days - 3/18/15 11:30:22.982 AM com.apple.xpc.launchd[1]: (com.openssh.sshd.00CBF727-F8C5-4B48-BE40-23DC07D66CE3[72382]) Service exited with abnorma...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Activation Date/Time

When creating a policy, does the activation for date and time need to be set? Or can the policy run simply based on it's trigger and execution frequency?  View more

13fef10a4a2d40cfb91f6b6f1aeb933b
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors