Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 9 kudos

Image Build Contents

Hi Guys, Macs are new to our environment and I'm trying to determine what to put in my base OSX image, would like to poll you guys. 1) What base Mac software do you have baked into your image?2) What other Mac software do you script an install for du...  View more

• 16 replies
  • 0 kudos

iOS 7 and Education

Here's a new page from Apple highlighting some of the improvements iOS 7 will bring to the education market:http://www.apple.com/ios/ios7/education/ Everything looks promising. I'm especially excited for the new VPP options: The App Store Volume Purc...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Error 401 after enabling cert based communication

Every time we've tried enabling certificate based communication, we've seen issues where a subset of our machines stop talking to the JSS until we manually re-enrolling them, so we always end up having to turn it off shortly after turning it on. Abou...  View more

• 9 replies
  • 0 kudos

Mountain Lion User Template

We are trying to create a package with all our "User" settings to a dmg and then during image deploy the user settings using the FUT option, but we cannot seem to get it working correctly. We have created a new package in Composer, then copied across...  View more

• 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

Slow Loading Times

Within the last couple of months, our JSS has slowed down immensely. Saving in Casper Admin can take up to 10 seconds.On the web end, Management > Policies lags to load, creating a policy is slow, saving a policy is very slow. Is there anything in pa...  View more

• 13 replies
  • 0 kudos

User Data backup for Re-Imaging

When I did field support work, I was all too happy to make a copy of a user's home directory to a network resource and manually pull back down what I wanted after a re-image. I thought of it as a clean slate. Our field support guys are used to a much...  View more

• 25 replies
  • 0 kudos

Directory Utility - Prefer this domain server

Hi All, Relativly new to the Casper Admin role. Have a questions i'm hoping you guys can help with. Our network engeneering team has requested that we make changes to AD binding for all OSX systems deployed. They would like us to add a prefered domai...  View more

• 9 replies
  • 0 kudos

Application Version Smart Group

Hi, new casper user here. I have a smart group for machines that have Evernote installed but the version is not 5.1.4 (latest version). In the JSS I have a policy set to show the Self Service item for the 5.1.4 version of Evernote assigned to the Sma...  View more

• 13 replies
  • 0 kudos

network shares

Our machines are linked to a windows based ad. They have access to a network share because of that ad. I was wondering how do I get the offline syncing to work for files in that share so that the teachers can take their machines home and still have a...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Packaging Avast Antivirus

We're moving to Avast Antivirus on our Macs and I'm about to start working on packaging it up. It doesn't come as a standard OS X installer package but a drag and drop app that installs its resources when it's launched for the first time. Anyone have...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

User upgrade from iOS6 to 7 on supervised devices

I am working on a one-to-one roll out for next school year (about 630 iPads) and am pretty much being forced down the supervision route. I have most things worked out to get these things built out and off and running with the students except what wil...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Where do I place a script that runs after imaging?

We have a script setup that prompts to enter a new computer name. It runs after login after imaging, and the account logged in is the local admin group that is setup somewhere in the process. I am trying to make a newer image that functions the same ...  View more

• 13 replies
  • 0 kudos

Load Balancing JSS, change DNS or change JSS URL?

We're about to flip the switch on a load balancing situation, which is the "best practice"? Change DNS entires on the network so that the load balancer takes the name of the previous master JSS? Or change the JSS URL within JSS itself under Global Ma...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Offline Network share sync

Our machines are linked to a windows based ad. They have access to a network share because of that ad. I was wondering how do I get the offline syncing to work for files in that share so that the teachers can take their machines home and still have a...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Mavericks FYI

Note: I'm not under an NDA talking moose I've been shown it. Calling System Events from scripts pops up a message for a user to allow it. It then open Security preference pane and the privacy tab. In there is accessibility and you have to unlock as a...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

802.1x profiles old and new

Hey all, We have a large deployment of iPads that, last year, we installed our 802.1x wireless settings in with a profile through Self Service. It was installed from Apple Configurator. The wireless user cert from that profile is about to expire now....  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Anyone use Secunia 6?

Hello,We are supposed to put Secunia on all systems. The University recently went to Secunia 6. I cannot make it work. I wrote them with the error I am getting and they want me to put OpenSSL version 1 or higher on. I am wondering if any of you have ...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Mapping Common Share.

I'm using a launch daemon based script to create a mount point and use "mount -t smbfs" to mount a common DFS share. The script works fine, however the issue I'm encountering is. The first user to login after imaging creates the mount point the permi...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Twin Cities Area JAMF Nation User Group - 11 July 2013

Hi Everyone,We've set the date for the next regional Casper User Group! It will be on July 11th at the Gold Nugget Tavern and Grille in Minnetonka. We'll start at 4:30 with a couple short TED style presentations with people showing how they're helpin...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Mac mini server racks

Anybody use them, have one they really like? http://www.mk1manufacturing.com/www.mk1manufacturing.com/Computers.html http://www.sonnettech.com/product/rackmacmini.html C  View more

• 9 replies
  • 0 kudos

HTTPS Distribution SSLv2 or SSLv3

Hi Folks, When pushing out policies over https, I receive the following error: Executing Policy com.apple.desktop.plist... Downloading https://xxx.xxx.domain.com:443/domain/Packages//com.apple.desktop.plist.dmg... Error: Package not successfully down...  View more

• 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

iLife'11

We are very new with the entire Casper tools and I am trying to make a policy on pushing out iLife'11 package to all of my client computers. We have it available to download anytime on the App Store but I am finding it a little confusing as to how to...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors