Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 9 kudos

Why won't this script work on an Intel Mac?

I'm a new Jamf Pro admin. The previous admin set things up to run the following script when we re-provision a Mac. It puts a full-screen splashscreen up that lets the user know that the computer shouldn't be used because software is being installed (...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Support for utf8mb4 on MySQL

I've done lot's of searching, but cannot seem to find any information on this.We are planning to upgrade our backend database from MySQL 5.7 to 8.0.The database is currently using the utf8 character set, which has been deprecated in favor of utf8mb4 ...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Jamf Powerbi Connector Timeout

Hi everyone, Has anyone had success with using the Powerbi Connector? I've managed to pull all data in, created a couple of small dashboards, but it never seems to refresh. Even a manual or scheduled refresh ends up timing out after a few hours.I've ...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Sophos Endpoint Scripted Install

Leverage Jamf Pro Script Parameters to automate a multi-Sub-Estate installation of Sophos EndpointBackgroundDuring our monthly Sophos vendor meeting last week, we learned about updated documentation for Installing Endpoint Protection on Macs.The most...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 1 kudos

using Crontab for shutdown

Hello,I want to shut down a group of mac minis at 9 PM using a cronjob. I have this written, but not useful. Would anyone have any advice on how to implement a script for this?command being used:Sudo crontab -ii* 21 * * * /sbin/shutdown -h nowEsc:wq  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Brew and Powershell Install

We have Yubikeys paired keys with MacOS. I have to export Yubikey Cert infos to shared smb.Solution: I have a Powershell script to deploy on admin and non admin users.Requirements: Brew /bin/bash -c "$(curl -fsSL https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Hom...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 1 kudos

cisco webex single sign on (SSO)

Hello community,we are using SSO via Microsoft Asher® AD.Now, we changed our Cisco Webex® to SSO, too. On our Windows Clients, SSO for Cisco Webex® is working, but not on our Mac® clients.I configured a configuration profile and a plist in Jamf Pro® ...  View more

Bildschirmfoto 2022-08-10 um 14.15.42.png
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

App Installers, add script

When I packaged Privileges 1.5.2 with Composer, I added a Postinstall-script that installs a privileges-helper.I tried App Installers to update Privileges to 1.5.3; it installed fine, but then the helper was still in version 1.5.2 and therefor did no...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Verify Certificate Not Working in EA

The following script does not work in Extension Attribute but works with ran manually (with BBEdit)What am I missing#!/bin/bash SSKeychain=$( security find-certificate -a -c "Some Software, Inc" 2>&1 | grep labl ) if [[ -z $SSKeychain ]] then echo "S...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Jamf Pro/SecureW2/SCEP

Has anyone successfully used the SecureW2 SCEP setup with Jamf on macOS AND iOS?I am having an issue with our iOS devices not connecting to the network. They get the profile payload that includes the cert, Wi-Fi profile, and SCEP settings (the same s...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Correct password rejected

Hello togetherWe have since a few months a strange problem on a few managed Macs, which we manage with Jamf Pro:Sometimes the login is denied with a correctly entered password. The users are sure that they enter the correct password (stored in PW-Saf...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Jamf Pro 10.40.1 Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation, Today we are releasing Jamf Pro 10.40.1. To learn more about this release and the product issues it addresses, please read the Jamf Pro 10.40.1 release notes here. Cloud Upgrade Schedule Your Jamf Pro server, including any free san...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 2 kudos

Does JAMF log script execution

Hi,Is there a way to find which scripts have been run from JAMF Pro on a Mac? I think we might have a rogue script being run on our machines and want to be able to check the Mac end.Any help would be much appreciated.  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Extension Attributes not populating

Hi all,Not sure why this is failing. I have an Extension Attribute that will simply not populate and I truly cannot figure out why. This EA runs a script that checks for the existence of a certificate on a custom keychain, then outputs either "Found"...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Scoping Device Apps with Classrooms

Does anyone know a way to scope Mobile Device Apps to classes? I imported the classes through apple school manager and they have all the correct students. I just don't see a way to use it nor could I find it in the Jamf Pro documentation.  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Incorporate an extension attribute to local mac user

We're trying to automatically create a local admin user and set a password that incorporates an extension attribute to the password so that passwords are never the same on the computers that we scope to. Is this functionality available in Jamf Pro? O...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors