Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 9 kudos

Amendment to uptime script

Hi,The below script measures uptime in days.The result of the script looks like this in Jamf (for a Mac that been up between 5 and 6 days)Script result: 5I need to amend the script so if the Script Result is more than 21 it triggers a jamf policy usi...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Regex for iOS 16, iPadOS 16, and tvOS 16

I found a few posts asking about a regex for iOS 16, iPadOS 16, and tvOS 16 and figured I post this. I included iPhone15,[0-9], anticipating the next iPhone release this fall. Let me know if I missed something.iPhone1[0-5],[0-9]iPad((1[1-4])|[6-8]),[...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 1 kudos

iPad hide / remove Apple apps

Hello, Is there a way to hide or remove Siri-Suggestions? Somehow it is showing a lot of apps that are disabled on the iPad..And i disabled Notes, but i cant find a way to disable QuickNotes. Hope someone has an idea.iPad is running on iOS 15.6 Greet...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Deploying Automator .workflow files

Does anyone have tips on how to roll out a simple .workflow file using Jamf Pro? I have a pretty simple Automator .workflow file I would like to deploy, but am not clear how to do this.I read this post:https://community.jamf.com/t5/jamf-pro/deploy-au...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Jamf Cloud and Microsoft Intune Cloud Connector

Trying to connect our AzureAD to Jamf Pro (Cloud) and this is the error we are seeing.The connection between Microsoft Intune and Jamf Pro could not be established. Try again.The Cloud Connector was created we can login and approve the app but get th...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Dockutil Woes in Swift

My question may have a ridiculously easy answer, but here goes. We have a lab environment with a teacher who works with grades Pre-K, K, 1, 2, 3.We have user accounts (standard user accounts in AD for these grades). The teacher wanted to have a speci...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

ADCS Connector issues when clients update to 12.4/12.5

Seeing an issue when clients with ADCS generated certs update to 12.4 or 12.5, their wifi connection breaks, prompting them to select a certificate. Even if they select the correct cert it doesn't connect to the wireless. The only fix is to unscope a...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Change file association.

Currently we have either Preview or Acrobat opening pdf documents by default.I'm trying to see what I can do to automatically associate pdf documents with a new app called Nitro on the command line. Can anyone point me in the direction?  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Issue with Mounting DMG

Hey Guys,I've run into a strange issue with people trying to Mount DMG Files. I've only experienced this with Monterey 12.5, regardless of whether it's a newly imaged machine, or an upgraded OS one. I've only noticed this with M1 Macbooks. When you g...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Chrome Extension Reporting

Hello All, Posted something about extensions a couple weeks ago. This request is specifically for Google Chrome extensions. Does anyone have a working EA script that can be used to generate a report on installed Chrome extensions? Sort of like from t...  View more

• 10 replies
  • 0 kudos

Bulk Change Mobile Device Pre-Stage

Hello everyone, I need to en-masse change the membership of devices from their many pre-stages into one. All of these devices are in a single smart group. I’ve downloaded MUT, but this doesn’t seem to be able to do what I need to achieve, unless you ...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Get Erase-install.sh working

So, i'm trying to use https://github.com/grahampugh/erase-install and I'm having a VERY hard time understanding the steps to make it work.I added the package to Jamf Cloud, and pushed it out to my test computers by policy.How doi I get the various sw...  View more

• 14 replies
  • 0 kudos

Patch Management Statuses are alphabetical!

Is it me, or are the Patch Management Statuses actually organized alphabetically?! Patches policies are collected at the end.It's better on the eyes after refreshing the browser many times during the day.Thanks, Jamf. The little things...  View more

Screen Shot 2022-08-15 at 7.28.25 AM.png
  • 1 replies
  • 1 kudos

Deploying user certificates

HelloI'm new with Jamf so I'm sorry if my question is stupid.I need to deploy unique certificates to every MacOS user managed by my Jamf.What is the most optimal method to do that? I read something about an ADCS connector but I'm not sure if it is wh...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Issue with geekquixotic's MakeMeAnAdmin Script

Hello,Before the release of Monterey, I was experimenting with krypted's MakeMeAnAdmin script. After the release of Monterey, I started noticing issues with the script, especially when executed on Apple Silicon Macs. Then, I discovered geekquixotic's...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Tableau error ORA-21561 and solution

Hey there! If your users run into this issue https://kb.tableau.com/articles/issue/error-ora-21561-oid-generation-failed-connecting-to-oracle-from-mac"Error "ORA-21561: OID generation failed" Connecting to Oracle with a Mac"Tableau has a solution, ed...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Why won't this script work on an Intel Mac?

I'm a new Jamf Pro admin. The previous admin set things up to run the following script when we re-provision a Mac. It puts a full-screen splashscreen up that lets the user know that the computer shouldn't be used because software is being installed (...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Support for utf8mb4 on MySQL

I've done lot's of searching, but cannot seem to find any information on this.We are planning to upgrade our backend database from MySQL 5.7 to 8.0.The database is currently using the utf8 character set, which has been deprecated in favor of utf8mb4 ...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Jamf Powerbi Connector Timeout

Hi everyone, Has anyone had success with using the Powerbi Connector? I've managed to pull all data in, created a couple of small dashboards, but it never seems to refresh. Even a manual or scheduled refresh ends up timing out after a few hours.I've ...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors