Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 10 kudos

Migrating from Airwatch to JAMF Pro

Hi All,Has anyone recently moved over from Airwatch to JAMF Pro.We are currently looking at moving over 1000 existing Macbooks that are enrolled in Airwatch MDM.We have read that due to security changes, enrolling computers with macOS 11 or later in ...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Conditional Access Not Working on certain SSO apps

This is not really a Jamf issue, more an Azure issue. But curious if anyone else has experienced this issueAnyone else have an issue where certain SSO local applications don't see the Workplace Join Key and it goes into a loop of "You must register t...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Firevault Enable

Hi Everyone,I am a bit confused on how to activate FileVault from JAMF Side. I was thinking to use the Individual Key as I don't want to do any manual work on uploading all the keys into Jamf (I rather JAMF do everything automatically), and so I am w...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Autologin no longer triggering login policies

Hey everyone, strange issue here. One of our 6 Mac Minis set up as digital displays recently stopped running policies that trigger at login when our autologin user logs in. All of the other Macs (same version of macOS, same configuration, same everyt...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Enabling SIP via policy

I have been using an extensions attribute to identify when a Mac has SIP disabled. And a smart group based on SIP being disabled. I have a Self Service policy (or an automatic one) that is scoped to that smart group and simply runs the command csruti...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Moving from an enrollment profile to a Prestage Enrollment

Good Morning Jamf Nation! I am working on getting ready for a summer project. I have several iPads that were manually setup with an Enrollment Profile. I'd like to move those to a Prestage Enrollment instead. However, when I try to assign the serial ...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Update Canon UFR II Driver target version

Hello,It seems that the target version for Canon UFR II drivers got stuck at 10.19.9 in patch management. 10.19.10 and 10.19.11 have been available since. Would it be possible to update this? Thank you.  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

JAMF Pro scoping mobile apps to AAD groups

We recently completed a cutover from on-prem LDAP user/group auth to AAD. Previously we had little to no reliance on LDAP groups for smart device groups or app deployment, however as we scale up we're wanting to leverage AAD for group based app deplo...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Disable WiFi & WiFi menu

HelloHas anyone had any success in disabling WiFi and the WiFi menu. Configuring our Monterey build for our labs environments.Have found a script to disable WiFi but struggling to disable the WiFi menu.Have found a few config profiles on here but can...  View more

• 12 replies
  • 0 kudos

Azure AD Cloud integration experience feedback

Hi there, I would be interesting to get some feedback from the macAdmins Jamf community that did switch from (AADDS) LDAPS to AAD CloudIDP integration. How it worked for you, especially in terms of stability and performances to lookup data? Any laten...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Email alert for new device in ADE?

Looking for a way to get an email when a new device comes over during a sync with Apple Business Manager. The device might not be online yet, so I doubt there would be a way to create a smart group. Does anyone have any ideas about how to get this do...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Jamf Pro 10.38 - App Installer On Prem?

Our JSS is on prem. After I installed Jamf 10.38, the Jamf Pro App Catalogue preview disappeared. I looked at the product requirements, and see that a requirement is listed for Jamf Pro Instance hosted in Jamf Cloud. It was working great on prem in 1...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

student shared ipads and teams

Hey there had a question about shared ipads and how people handle logging in and out of teams.If the user forgets to log out, or leaves a window running in the background, other users can log in as them (as they didnt log out). This would seem to lim...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Enable Firewall but allow Airplay / Airdrop / Sonos ?

Hi everyone,our corporate policy requires us to enable the Mac OS Firewall, doing so causes Airplay / Airdrop and other Services like Sonos to not work anymore, due to blocked incoming connections.I searched in this forum and online but couldn't find...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Self Service is not deploying with prestage

Not really sure what's going on but it seems the policies don't finish running for new users. So when we have onboarding people don't have the self service auto installed. We are using Jamf Connect to provision the users first account.  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Jamf Pro 10.39.0 Beta 2 Is Now Availlable!

Hey Jamf Nation!We've just released Jamf Pro 10.39.0 Beta 2! This release has many exciting UI improvements including an updated user interface in User Initiated Enrollment and Patch Management. App Installers now has an indicator to show if apps are...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 2 kudos

Mouse Lag/Ghosting when screensharing

We have a Mac mini (M1, 2020) model that we primarily remote into. Some of these macs are having an issue with the mouse pointer ghosting/lagging on the remote client mouse significantly.These are headless machines. We've setup mini's like this for y...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Questions about Linking Azure -- 404 error on testing SSO

Hello,We're currently in the process of setting up a Jamf Pro cloud instance, and we want to link it to Azure, we have Jamf Connect set up and that works fine for pre-stage enrollments (enrollments from boots) and enforces users using their AAD crede...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Bash Script

How do I bash script this one for macOS Monterey?defaults write com.apple.dock persistent-apps -array Please advise Thanks!Raj.  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

JSON Tools

Is there a macOS command-line tool available for JSON that provides parsing functions like xmllint?I seem to be able to find lots of validators and pretty-printers. But I need a tool I can run inside shell scripts to parse output responses from Jamf ...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

install-rosetta-2.sh

To install install-rosetta-2 and packages, create a; Script, policy, add package's, to do it after enrollment is complete. This will work on Monterey 12.3-Apple Silicon and all others macOS and Intel. Here are some screen shots. Hope this helps you o...  View more

dgeiler_4-1652027298920.png dgeiler_6-1652027381975.png dgeiler_3-1652027215848.png dgeiler_5-1652027344948.png
  • 2 replies
  • 2 kudos

1Password 8 install

Has anyone been able to install 1password 8? I have tried installing it on my build Mac and bundling it with Composer. The installer seems to finish, but is doesn't show up under Applications. I have tried pushing the installer to the computer and th...  View more

• 15 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors