Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 10 kudos

Jamf Pro 10.26 Beta 2 Now Available!

Hey Jamf Nation! We've got a great release in store for you with Jamf Pro 10.26.0. Beta 2 is now live, full of new features, bug fixes, and enhancements! Shared iPad has a number of new improvements around Shared iPad User Space, User Status Check, a...  View more

• 13 replies
  • 4 kudos

Using Google LDAP with iPads

Is anyone here using Google LDAP as a cloud identity provider in Jamf and using Google LDAP groups to scope Apps and profiles to iPads in Jamf? If so what are your experiences?  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

CURL JAMF API URL Error

Hey, Need some help with a script I'm making to automate bulk removal of computers using the API. It all seems to work fine, it loops through a file grabbing a serial off each line, all the variables do what they should. But, the URL always flags as ...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Once per enrollment trigger

Through our experiences with device enrolment, come cases where devices are erased and re enrolled, but their listing left in the system, it causes issues with triggers. example, a script if set up to run once per computer, as an enrolment trigger, w...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 2 kudos

Cannot update device app on supervised Apple TV

I'm on Jamf Pro 10.24.1. I have pushed out the app called "TrilbyTV Player" (bundle id: uk.co.trilby.TrilbyTVPlayer) to my supervised Apple TVs running 14.0.2. I am pushing out the app to managed devices. The latest version of the app is 4.3.3. Howev...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Extension Attributes for Okta Device Trust

LAST UPDATED: 2020-OCT-16 If you are an Okta customer and you also manage Jamf Pro, then I'm certain that you've heard of, been looking at, or have been using Okta Device Trust. OVERVIEW: OKTA DEVICE TRUSTIf you are not familiar with Okta Device Trus...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 9 kudos

Scripting involving failures using grep

I am using dscl to pull membership information from an AD group. I break the response down to a series of lines containing computer names or user names; this is the result of passing the dscl output through a pipeline. I have verified that the pipeli...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Jamf Pro "One Button" question

Hi, I have set up the following process as designated below: https://www.jamf.com/blog/reinstall-a-clean-macos-with-one-button/ After some minor syntax tweaks it works fine. However, the guide states that it "silently downloads" the Catalina installe...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Can't seem to deploy App Store Apps or Packages

Hi, I'm just getting acquainted with Jamf Pro and I've been able to enroll my computers, issue scripts to them, remotely wipe them, among other things. However, I cannot seem to deliver an App Store App or Package no matter what I try. For the App St...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Jamf Managed app configuration

I am having a hard time getting different apps to accept my custom managed app config dictionary for iOS apps. Will you guys show me what yours looks like that work on your network? I am specifically trying to get our Global Protect through Palo alto...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Office 16.42 and "New Outlook" prompt

Hello all. How are folks dealing with users on Office for Mac 16.42 that were prompted to enable the "New Outlook" and did so? Is there a way to force them back to "Old Outlook" using a PLIST? I can deploy the 'EnableNewOutlook' key but this will loc...  View more

• 22 replies
  • 0 kudos

How to Virtual Visits

Hello I tried the search but unfortunately I couldn't find anything on the topic.I would like to test virtual visits. What do I have to do? Is there a How does it work somewhere?  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Jamf Intune integration

I need to get my macs enrolled in intune to avoid some nasty end-user experience with MFA. I've followed the guidance here: https://docs.jamf.com/technical-papers/jamf-pro/microsoft-intune/10.17.0/Introduction.html and have integrated successfully. I...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

OneDrive - automation

I know there are a lot of topic about OneDrive.The issues I run into:1. ) The Plist.Did anyone has an example that works for folder setup etc?2.) AutoSign-in. Is it possible to sign in automatically? I use this for Office:{OfficeAutoSignIn=true, Offi...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 1 kudos

Carbon Black Cloud/Defense and Big Sur

My org uses Carbon Black and our goal is to transition all our Catalina and Big Sur users to the upcoming system extension "mode" and away from the kernel extension. To assist with scoping some policies I put together an extension attribute that dete...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 5 kudos

Scripts - Compatibility with Catalina and Big Sur

Let me first say I am still new to scripting! As we know, ever since Catalina, the default shell is now zsh which is now posing problems since most of my scripts are bash (they start with #!/bin/bash). I'm noticing more and more of the scripts that I...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

JamfAAD (Intune) on Macs - getting weird pop-ups

Getting this on some (but not all) of our Intune registered Macs that looks like it's coming from JamfAAD. Nothing triggers it that I can tell, totally random. We recently went through registering everyone in Intune and saw a similar message at the e...  View more

3a398b93b91b456b9a9d309a1cfdf779
  • 20 replies
  • 3 kudos

DEP Re-Enrollment Best Practices

So I think I'm messing something up or missing something somewhere with my DEP devices. All of our devices are DEP, so when I receive one back from a user, I typically wipe the device using internet recovery, reinstall the latest version of macOS, an...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

AD Bound Mac Filevault Best practices

I am somewhat of a filevault virgin, but am getting more and more pressure to enable on my Macs. I have done some testing on my development network, but am finding it a bit tricky with AD bound systems and using AD roaming profile logins.  View more

• 11 replies
  • 0 kudos

Suppress O365 AutoDiscover Warning

We are in the process of migrating accounts to O365 and we are running into 2 small issues. I have found the fix and manually applied it but can use some help with automating this.1- We use the domainusername to authenticate all accounts to AD, with ...  View more

• 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

Default calendar configuration?

Often you have different type on account on your iOS device. In my case I have three mail account - work, Google and iCloud. All services have calenders. In our/my case you have to go into Settings -> Calendar -> Default Calender to set the right cal...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Office 2016 End of Support

Hi Everyone As you may or may not know, Microsoft is ending support for Office 2016 for Mac on October the 13th 2020 (see link below). At our company everyone has an Office 365 license, and all new Macs are deployed with the Office 365 version, howev...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors