Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.8.0 Beta is now available!

Hello Jamf Nation! The Jamf Pro 11.8.0 Beta Release features a number of exciting improvements and enhancements for managing your Apple devices. Starting with 11.8.0, Jamf Pro admins will be able to set a minimum OS for MacBooks, iPhones, and iPads t...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 6 kudos

Wallpaper Changes

Hi All, We are looking to change our company wallpaper on our Mac's, and in past we have done this by saving the image to a test Mac, and using composer to create a DMG of the folder location. We then push this folder out to users, and once pushed ou...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Safari 12 hates plugins and extensions

Safari 12 seems to have broken the launching of pre-installed Zoom clients when clicking on a zoom meeting URL. Now when we click a zoom meeting link, it downloads a client for users to install - even though we already have it deployed on every Mac. ...  View more

• 14 replies
  • 0 kudos

Use OutSet with DockUtil and Jamf

I have been having a hard time getting a custom dock to work for new users. I first tried to use the policy, and that kind of works, but if you create a new user it will keep putting back iBooks, Maps, and Seri. I used dockutil and it runs great from...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Using InTune with Zscaler

Has anyone been able to get Microsoft InTune working with Zscaler or a proxy server? We have found that when Zscaler is enabled, the Jamf AAD never launches after the Company Portal has finished registering the device with the Azure portal. If we qui...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 1 kudos

High Sierra time / kerberos issue

We just reimaged our student macbook pros with High Sierra in the summer. Now, when they leave the computer on and put it back in the cart at night, the next day, the students cannot log in because the time is off on the laptop. We didn't have this p...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Naming standard dep - service-now

Today we use service-now for creation of macs and they are named from service-now to fit our company standard. How can this be transferred to dep? I know there is some integration with service-now but have anyone experience with that  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

SelfService and Proxy

Hi, is it only the IP's I have for my Jamf Tenant that I need to whitelist in our network proxy (80 and 443) to have the Selfservice working in the corp network?  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Hiding Apple Apps on iPads

would like to hide the following apps on student iPads - anyone know a way to do it? PodcastsTVContactsNewsRemindersMusiciMessage/MessagesApp StoreFaceTime  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Intune registration fails

Hi, This not working Intune registration is driving me nuts 浪I have users that are not able to register to intune what ever we try. The Mac registers to AzureAD but NOT to Intune, there is no object in Intune – great. Jamf shows the Mac without AAD I...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

DEP deployed Macs not getting VPP applications.

I recently switched from deploying MacOS via images to DEP deployment. I use VPP for MacOS software when it is available. Recently I deployed out several apps via VPP and any older MacOS loads took the apps just fine. The new DEP enrolled macs are no...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Policy Execution Order

Hello everyone, hope you all are well. I would like to get policies to execute in order. I would like one policy to run last no matter what. I have been working on this huge project with DEP Notify. I made a post about it a little while ago. Do you g...  View more

• 21 replies
  • 0 kudos

OpenJDK update on Ubuntu 14.04

I'm in the process of updating a cloned version of our JSS from 9.97 to 10.0 (then 10.7) to keep our change process brigade happy ahead of the real thing, but I've run into a bit of an issue that's beyond my current Linux experience. I need to update...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

JSS Smart Group Cleanup

Hello Everyone, Well, I am taking on the daunting task of cleaning up our JSS. I found a list of computers based on this script and I am now wanting to condense and clean things up. The question I have is, if computer "A" has already run policy "X" b...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Disable Calculator in Notification Center

Is there a way to disable Notification Center completely? Or at least remove the "apps" in NC without students being able to add it back? We use LanSchool; Our math teachers are at a disadvantage since disabling "calculator.app" doesn't disable it in...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Preemptively block Mojave before release

Does anyone know what the name of the Mojave installer will be when it goes live on the 24th? Based on past OS releases, one would assume "Install macOS Mojave.app". I just want to be able to block the upgrade on several JSSes before it is actually r...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

dockutil - Hidden smb share

Dockutil - hidden smb sharePosted: About a minute ago by OmarHas anyone used dockutil to mount a hidden SMB share Using the $ to define the hidden share in the script is causing issues, is there another way to do this? I have pasted the script in bel...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Dockutil - hidden smb share

Has anyone used dockutil to mount a hidden SMB share Using the $ to define the hidden share in the script is causing issues, is there another way to do this? I have pasted the script in below !/bin/bash sleep 10 username=defaults read /Library/Prefer...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Allow list wont allow to sign into email

Hi we have an allow these apps only list setup for our student ipads, issue is for some reason when we go to add and email (google) we sign in press enter then it just goes back to the welcome to mail account selection screen. We have both the mail a...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

'Device Locator Service'

Hi, I'm relatively new to Jamf Pro and I'm learning new things most days, and this is one of very few things I cannot find the answer to either on here or in the user manual. It appears in an individual device's search result from the device list. It...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

AD Bind Issues Sierra and Removing Sleep

We have been forced early to upgrade to Sierra on some new iMacs due to they don't support El Captain, and i have managed to get everything working except two issues. Firstly we do use AD bind with mobile accounts to get rid of the Library Errors, wh...  View more

• 9 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors