Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 10 kudos

Issue formating AFPS encrypted drive

Just had a new macbook pro dropped on my desk for enrolment, and our process requires the end user device to be erased before enrolment, they have previously set the device up using their apple ID, which has encrypted the apfs volume, it also appears...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

High Sierra update issues

Set up a policy to push the 10.13.5 update, uploaded the combo .pkg file to our repo so jamf can just prompt the user for its install without bothering them with the App Store process. But some of my test users reported that they already had the 10.1...  View more

• 13 replies
  • 0 kudos

Change Apple ID's on iOS devices via Jamf Pro?

Have a bunch of iPads in the UK which are currently signed into US based Apple IDs. I'm unable to change the country on the account and need to log them out and into new accounts that are created specifically for the UK. Does anyone know if it's poss...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Block all Google Chrome extensions except approved ones

Hi, I am trying to get a config to block all chrome extensions and allow only approved ones as I keep finding.I found some examples online but I am not too familiar how to proceed, I know the way to setup is in Configuration Profile and Custom Settin...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Restrict Mac OSX 10.13.5

Hello, Has anyone built a software restriction in Jamf to prevent 10.13.5? When I went to download it I don't see it as a "Install MacOS HighSierra" in my downloads folder so I'm not sure what to block. I want to block this so I can test before users...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Firefox Install Script - Update Question

Hi, I would like to modify the Firefox install script so that it will only update to the latest version on Macs that already have it installed. So where it runs a check for the currently installed version, if it doesn't find any it will leave it in t...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Connecting JSS and Listserv

I was wondering if anyone had success with connecting the JSS to a Listserv using API? I'd like to be able to have a list independent of the JSS that allows us to communicate with all users in a specific Site (for example, if we want to notify them t...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Patch Reporting macOS - Logical Issue

Hi,I want to create a smart group with two attributes: Patch Reporting: macOS is greater than or equal 10.11.0 AND Patch Reporting: macOS is less than or equal 10.12.6 Literally this is: 10.11.0 <= MyMacOSVersion <= 10.12.6 With this smart group I go...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Automatic Naming Example - Using API

This is a script that gives a specific prefix for Location, adds Dept, then adds an identifier. It's fairly specific but the bash script for scraping the API response is good to use on anything you want to retrieve from JAMF. I currently have the ide...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 2 kudos

Inventory Update API

Hi guys, I have an always on VPN for over 400 iPad's. What I would like to do is exclude our local network segment so that when students are on site at school, the always on VPN disengages. Having spoken to Jamf support, they have suggested I edit th...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Small Photography Business OSX Backup Solution

Got a Single User who is need of a solution to for backing up her OSX machine including offsite backup.There are multiple sites so i will need to backup multiple computers. I was hoping for a backup to a LAN storage device as well as a cloud solution...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

iPhone Apps

Hey JAMF Nation, I'm wondering if closing all apps when I'm done using my iPhone is better than leaving them open. Does it save battery life to close them all the time or does it not matter much? How does this affect memory usage as well? Thanks!  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Suppress admin prompt when logged in as standard user

Is there a way in 10.13 to suppress the admin prompt for a standard user? I'm not talking about allowing admin tasks to run without authentication. We simply want the macOS to not prompt or at the most indicate to the user via a dialog box that they ...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Outlook 2016 - Default signature via script

Hi all, I’ve been working on a script that creates a default signature based on a HTML template and the JAMF API to get the Name and some extra info.I manage to create the signature without any problems but I can’t find a way to add it as the default...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

iOS Single App Mode Purgatory

I seem to have painted myself into a corner with a set of iPads. I configured 10 loaner iPads for some students in Single App Mode (RedShift Astronomy). These iPads had a configuration profile for wifi with our wifi certificate payload so as not to b...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Suppress iOS Quick Start for Supervised Devices

Is there any ability to suppress the Quick Start functionality in iOS for DEP/Supervised devices? The Quick Start feature is what allows you to setup one iOS device by holding another iOS device you already use near the new one and allowing them to s...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 1 kudos

DEP devices can skip enrollment via backup restore

My org is currently using another MDM tool and planning to migrate to AirWatch. Most devices are supervised/enrolled in DEP. To move the supervised devices to Jamf, I know I'll have to completely erase them (erase all content and settings). Users hat...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 1 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors